“Great location, superb service, huge bathrooms!”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and could not have been more pleased. Although it has an unassuming entrance, inside is lovely. Our room was cheerful and the bathroom was frankly the largest we have encountered in European hotels, as well as nicely appointed. Dublin in January was chilly but the common areas of the hotel all had lovely warming fires burning throughout the day and night. Service was impeccable - waitstaff in the bars and downstairs restaurant were friendly and helpful. The doormen were very knowledgeable. The hotel location can't be beat!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel. I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel last week after a long haul flight. We were exhausted, but we got an early check in. What a luxury!!! We have stayed here several times before including the night before our sons wedding so we knew what to expect but this time surpassed our expectations. Thank you to the Merrion Hotel for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following you recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your generous comments about the Hotel and I have shared them with all my colleagues. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a stay as much as you did.

We are honoured to be your hotel of choice when visiting Dublin and I hope it won’t be too long before we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel is by far the best hotel in Dublin, the Conceirge, Reception and Restaurant Staff are truely a pleasure to deal with. They are so professional, couteous and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be back. The food was exceptional, everything was just perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel throughout your stay. Your words are so kind and I can assure you that they have given the entire team a great boost. They all join me in thanking you for sharing your appreciation with us.

I do hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Merrion.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Just spent another fabulous weekend at Merrion. My husband and I make an annual trip to this hotel and we are never disappointed. The staff are outstanding and the hotel itself gorgeous. Nothing is left to chance and all staff go out of their way to be helpful. We look forward to our return visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share you and your husband’s experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed at The Merrion as a surprise for my significant birthday and I was certainly not disappointed! We did a few laps of St Stephens green before we found the very understated hotel but when we realised we had arrived we were greeted by a very calm gentleman who took over everything and our perfect stay began. The room was charming - we were overlooking the gardens. As it was a special birthday I received champagne, chocolates and cake - all lovely ! We ate in the 2 Mitchelin star restaurant which was lovely - we had the tasting menu - fantastic !

Room Tip: A room overlooking the garden was perfect
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and honoured that your partner chose the Merrion to celebrate your birthday.

I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I recently visited Dublin for a Saturday night to visit and have a nice meal, as it was January the weather was not good but I stayed in The Merrion Hotel in Dublin which was excellent. The rooms are very well equipped and all the facilities are there that you need. it is not cheap but it is a 5 star hotel and you are probably better off getting a suite for a family than as a single person like myself. Good bars in the hotel and a lovely pool spa etc so would be good for a few days visit if you have the time.

Room Tip: Annex was quiet where I stayed in a Standard Queen Room as they called it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeremy8642

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review posted recently.

We really do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit to us here at The Merrion and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

This is one of those prestigous, quiet properties with lovely, well-furnished rooms that says "old world luxury" from the first stop at reception. Rooms with all the bath & bed accoutrements, spoiling you. Library and fireplace rooms perfect for tea and reading. Wonderful pool - however, the spa needs updating. It is feeling tired compared to other more updated properties in Dublin. A wonderful splurge that is quite pricey but worth it for a getaway weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us which I was pleased to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for the feedback about the Tethra Spa which is currently under review.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.