“As good as it gets !”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 19 February 2014

From the moment we arrived to our departure this hotel was faultless .You feel so relaxed the moment you walk in the door (time seems to slow down , which is not a bad thing ). Really can not recommend enough . The staff are incredible , decor beautiful , superior garden room amazing , food excellent , treatment area and pool brilliant . Maybe looks a little expensive but worth every penny .

Room Tip: We had a garden view superior room which was perfect .
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion.

We are all genuinely delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your stay so much and that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon and I only hope that stay is as relaxing as your last.

There are newer reviews for The Merrion Hotel

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the world, but I have to say The Merrion is the best I have ever stayed in. From the way you are treated on arrival to the food, excellent breakfast and warm homely atmosphere, this is a must to stay at if visiting Dublin. Great rooms, great service matched by a beautiful City. Simply excellent.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. We are truly honoured that you rate the Merrion as the best hotel you have ever stayed in and I do hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Thank you again for your encouraging feedback which has given us all a big boost.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed in the Merrion again with the tribe for the Scotland v Ireland game. The service was impeccable as usual from all the staff. My sons had room service breakfast which got devoured and which they said was excellent, their room service burger again was very good although I have to say at €25 a pop plus service charge was pretty expensive. All in all the best hotel I have stayed at in Dublin

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and we are honoured that the Merrion is your hotel of choice when visiting Dublin. While I am sorry that the result of the rugby did not go the way you wished I am pleased nonetheless that it did not have too much of an undue impact on the overall enjoyment of your weekend in Dublin!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife and I availed of their Valentine's Day package which consisted of an overnight stay, dinner for two at the Cellar Restaurant and breakfast the following morning (although we both live in Dublin, we love staying in fancy hotels in the city centre!). From the moment we arrived, the level of service we were to receive was evident, from the valet who looked after our car and bags, to the person at reception who, in addition to booking us in, then left his desk and brought us directly to our room, explaining the hotel's history as he did so.

The room was lovely and the 5-course meal was the nicest we've ever had. Breakfast was also of a very high quality. Another great asset is the Cellar Bar, which had a very relaxed atmosphere.

I would highly recommend the Merrion and hope to be able to stay there again.

1  Thank paulie13

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here. We are honoured that you chose to stay with us over St Valentine’s Day Weekend and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your special dinner in the Cellar Restaurant and I have passed on your lovely comments to our Chef and his team.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again...perhaps for Valentine’s Day next year!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here overnight for rugby weekend. The concierge is extremely professional even remembers your name on checking out. The hotel is beautiful with large drawing rooms and blazing fires. I had the afternoon tea which was a nice experience: I would highly recommend. Comfortable room with garden view. Comfortable bed and nice bathroom. I missed breakfast so cannot comment. The hotel is a little pricey and the room service menu was a bit pricey. However if you want indulgence and a memorable experience worth the little extra. Best recommendation- take walk around the inner gardens and spend time reviewing their art collection.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and your visit to our Drawing Rooms and of course our Art Afternoon Tea which is always a favourite of our guests. I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon too!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We arrived on the 30th of January only to be greeted with an amazing welcome from your warm, highly skilled concierge team headed by Sean. Such professionalism and attention. Tom was also so attentive in making sure our car was parked to perfection and he is such a pleasant person. We felt like royalty to say the least! We then proceeded to check in with your very friendly reception staff and subsequently escorted to our amazing room overlooking the internal gardens. One of our requests was to have a relatively quiet tranquil room given my wife is a very light sleeper and needless to say, you exceeded our expectations. My wife has been very supportive lately due to my recent illness and I wanted this to be a special experience. Needless to say, Sheila graced us with this amazing room and I am eternally grateful to her for giving us this wonderful privilege.

Dinner on Thursday was something else. Our first port of call was the cellar bar where we enjoyed a couple of pre dinner drinks served by Shane. He exudes fantastic qualities including warmth, positive attitude and a high standard of service. A very true professional. Dinner was amazing and the service second to none. We could not fault our food at all! This may sound cliched, however the overall experience was just perfect. I also have to mention that both breakfast experiences were again, wonderful. Our hot plates were cooked to perfection and the service yet again, of the highest standard.

I also have to say that our room was regularly presented to us beautifully both during the day and in the evening when we were left the odd treat by way of bottled water, fruit plates and our bed turned down with such impeccable detail.

The Merrion has a certain calm that I cannot describe. We have been fortunate over the years to stay in various destinations but none that have a uniqueness such as yours. It is not pretentious in any way and just has a certain feel that I cannot put into words. You have obviously achieved something special and once again, I thank you sincerely for a truly wonderful two day visit.

I understand that I will not have mentioned everyone and apologise for this. Again Mr MacCann, sincere congratulations to you and your team for putting the Merrion in our opinion, at the top of the tree and beyond.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review following you and your wife’s recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion. I have passed on in particular your kind words to Sean, Tom, Sheila & Shane. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did and I hope that your recuperation is going well after your recent illness.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We have stayed at a number of five star hotels in Dublin Centre but this is the best. Lovely hotel with a traditional homely feel. Dined in the Cellar restaurant and the food was excellent. Also, used the spa - hot stone massage, which I can definitely recommend

Room Tip: Liked the Garden rooms, near to the spa and the cellar restaurant
1  Thank MrsSAyrshire
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visits to our Cellar Restaurant and the Tethra Spa.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.