The Merrion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
The Alex(Dublin)
3,633 results
All reviewscellar restaurantgarden wingart collectionthe main houseart teapatrick guilbaudhighly recommend the merriongovernment buildingsdrawing roompublic roomsbeautiful hotelnational galleryturn down servicefive star hotelgrafton streettrinity collegemeriton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Hands down the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. Staff was wonderful and helpful. They upgraded us to a suite that was gorgeous. When they found out we were visiting Dublin on our honeymoon, they sent up a free dessert to our suite. Location of the hotel was within walking distance of attractions in historic Dublin. Would definitely recommend.

2  Thank Katherine M
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I am delighted that you enjoyed your honeymoon amenity and I do wish you the very best for the future.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again possibly for a anniversary!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I thought the food was average and fell short of the standard expected, for example the pancake for breakfast was rubbery and tasteless. The spa was very nice and a treatment from Niamh was excellent.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your treatment in the Tethra Spa and I have passed on your kinds words to Niamh which she was thrilled to hear.

If you be so kind as to contact me directly on generalmanager@merrionhotel.com to elaborate more on the standard of food in the Cellar Restaurant so we can address the issue and prevent it from re-occurring.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you've read any of my reviews, you know that I place a premium on customer service. Any other hotel I review from now on, will be judged against the Merrion, and it has set the bar pretty high!

From the minute you pull up, you are taken care of! After the checkin process was complete, our concierge took us to our room, and explained how everything worked, where everything was, (both in the room, and on the hotel property).

One of the things my wife wanted to do, was the afternoon tea.. We found out that you need to book that in advance, because it is very popular, and was sold out.

This hotel is within walking distance of most of the touristy things in Dublin, like The Book of Kells, Grafton Street, The Fitzwilliam Card Room haha yes that's right.. very nice parks in the area, too..

Everything was great about this place.. If you're booking there, make sure to get breakfast included.. We didn't, and it was 27Euro per person.. other than that, I can't think of anything negative.. Any of the staff we encountered dropped anything they were doing, to answer any questions we had..

We felt like Irish royalty staying here, and I would recommend The Merrion Hotel to everyone who asks me.

1  Thank Raydioman61

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I do hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Merrion and possibly your wife and yourself can sample our Art Afternoon Tea.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Shangri-La Singapore continues to never disappoint.

Once again here is the benchmark in five star SERVICE in the hotel industry bar none!!!

From desk clerk to waitstaff to the cook on the line at breakfast to the Waterfall restaurant for an IT department who knew how to fix the lap top ......Horizon Club great bang for the buck. Truly amazing consistency in the business. Everyone is three steeps ahead of the guest.
Kudos to Reto Klauser and his staff. Thank you Thank you Thank You
Bateso

Room Tip: pay extra for Horizon Club and ask for Cory or Nicole the top concierge's on this club level. They are the greatest!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review.

However I do think that you have mistaken our Hotel for the Shangri-La Hotel in Singapore. We are the Merrion Hotel in Dublin, Ireland.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you to Dublin in the future though!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

A complementary and unrequested upgrade to a suite got us in the mood right from the start. The suite was beautiful. Tasteful, with two large TV's, Nespresso machine, iPod Dock, great bathroom, second WC, separate luggage room, and very comfy sitting room with dining table. It was so comfortable that we requested our dinner to the room, and even though this was a package deal, there was no issue made of our request, and we even strayed off the set menu. Breakfast in bed the next morning was just faultless, and the staff were soooo friendly, accomodating, and helpful. This is a very DUBLIN hotel, by which I mean that it has the sort of character missing from so many International brands. Staff are eager to please, and they don't look as if this eagerness is simply the result of some training course - it seems totally genuine.
Just two small food-related quibbles. I don't mind paying € 13 once in a blue moon for a good fruit salad, but at that price it needs more than just apple, melon and a smattering of black berries. Where is the orange, pear, peach, plum, banana, strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, kiwi, etc. And my duck was as tough as old boots, and even though I finished every bit, it was really not up to par. Other than that, I can't recommend the Merrion highly enough.

1  Thank nothingbutthebest

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here. It is extremely heartening to read your words of praise for my colleagues as each and every one of them strive to provide a memorable experience for our guests.

Thank you for your feedback which I have taken fully onboard.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.