“5 stars well deserved!”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights and it was perfect! Everything that is great about a hotel can be said about the Merrion. It is located in a nice area of Dublin, walking distance to popular areas like Grafton Street and many great restaurants and pubs. Rooms are large and spotlessly clean, with large bathrooms, great shower/tub and high quality amenities. The breakfast in the Cellar restaurant was wonderful with both continental breakfast and separate made-to-order hot items.

Enough good things can't be said about the service (including the reception, concierge staff, room service, housekeeping, restaurant staff, etc.) - everyone we met was incredibly pleasant, helpful and diligent and this made our stay stress free and very enjoyable. Other hotels should send their staff to the Merrion for training!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post you’re your lovely review about your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay. I have shared you wonderful comments with the team who were very appreciative of your comments.

We look forward to your next stay and we hope that your visit then will be as memorable as this one.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place is simply amazing! Gorgeous hotel with great people that are genuinely looking foward to make your stay perfect, from the time you step in until you leave.

Spacious room with luxurious bed, and probably the best pillows I ever had in my life! Slept like a baby! Spectacular and spacious bathroom with separate stand-up shower and bath. All that for around 200euros per night, which I considered to be GREAT value!

Don't bother going anywhere else if you go to Dublin!

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels, which again proves that luxury and warmth can go together. The way the staff greets you, the perfection of the service, and the charm of the rooms add up wot what was a great stay for me.

Room Tip: Try to stay in one of the main houses facing the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for three nights at The Merrion Hotel in Dublin, Ireland, May 28 - May 31, 2014. I could not say more positive things about this hotel. It is located in a very delightful section of the city, the Georgian section near Merrion Park. It was close to most everything. The staff was extremely helpful and attentive. The room was very luxurious...we were delighted. We were looking for a comfortable place to stay that was within walking distance to all parts of the city and we found exactly what we wanted. It was very close to Trinity College and St. Stevens Green. We will definitely return next year! W. Thyne, New York, USA.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion and for your feedback

I was delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests have found our facilities to be comfortable and relaxing.

Thank you for comments and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We’ve overnighted here twice in the past year. It’s a very comfortable hotel in a central location.

Staff are excellent, rooms are spacious and comfortable. Lounges are perfect for lounging and the internal garden is a very pleasant oasis – weather permitting.

The only negative we found, on both visits, was the breakfast service. The first time the breakfast room was about half-full, the staff seemed to be poorly organised, under pressure and took a long time to take our order and bring our food.
On this latest visit, we were almost the first down to breakfast. Despite this, the service was very slow and my perfectly cooked poached eggs were almost cold when they eventually arrived. I’d have sent them back but couldn’t face the further delay in having them replaced.

It’s a pity to have one’s very positive overall experience of the hotel marred by the poor service for one’s final meal there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peteramolloy

Dear Guest

While I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall, I was disappointed to read that breakfast did not meet your expectations, and for that I apologise. I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage Manager, who has assured me the necessary retraining has taken place.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I don't write that many reviews but wanted to after my recent 3 night stay at the Merrion. This hotel is sheer class. Situated in one of Dublin's most beautiful areas near St Stephens green it is located near the main shopping areas and many great bars and restaurants.

I've stayed in a few great hotels all over the world but the Merrion takes the biscuit and had the best staff I've ever encountered, they were outstanding in every possible way.

We rented their bikes and cycled all over Dublin, enjoyed dinner there one evening and had drinks in the cellar bar and the residents bar. The rooms, grounds and spa were beautiful.

A review can't do this hotel justice. All I'll say is that I'll never stay in another hotel in Dublin again.

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at The Merrion, I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the team who I know would very much appreciate to hear them. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The only place to stay in Dublin is The Merrion Hotel. The fabulous rooms, service and location cannot be beat! Between sightseeing and business, it was always a joy to retreat to the drawing room for afternoon tea or a pre-dinner cocktail. Our server, Alexandre, was especially helpful and fun to chat with. I look forward to visiting the Merrion in the future.

Stayed: July 2014
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us and for your extremely generous compliment.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.