“Fabulous place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Tallahassee, FL
“Fabulous place to stay”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Right in the middle of shopping and attractions, the Merrion is a great place to stay. The people there are so nice and very attentive to anything you might need. We felt so welcome there. The rooms are really luxurious! The beds are comfortable with thick feather comforters, and the room includes heated towel racks, plush robes and slippers. And best of all, it's air conditioned!! The wifi is very speedy. I hated to leave! High tea every afternoon in a beautiful indoor or outdoor setting, your choice. The seating area for all guests has an inviting fire and highly polished brass appointments. It's really just lovely! And about 15 min. from the airport. There are no gas (petrol) stations between the hotel and the airport, though, so fill up before you leave for the airport. The grounds are just beautiful, too. Flowers and shrubs are really well taken care of. Hydrangeas as big as your head!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_PMacCann, Director of Sales at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you again for your encouraging feedback.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
huntington beach ca
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can understand why lots of people love this hotel.Rooms are nice, very attentive staff, decent location. For me it was a little too much though. Some people like all the attention that they would get here but not for me and my wife. We went walking one night and I had a back pack and when I came back I walked back up to the entrance and 2 workers tried to carry the backpack for me. I am just not that kind of guy...that being said if you are that type of person this is the place for you. The rooms are nice. Instead of paying 29 euros a piece for breakfast I walked 50 yards to Cook and Lollys (not sure of the name but is blue building very close on corner) and grabbed some fresh fruit and scones for 9 euros which is all we need. I am not sorry we stayed there but next time in Dublin I would probably go for something a little more low key.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fishtacomagazine
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following you and your wife's recent stay with us.

We value your comments and your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole.

I hope you had an enjoyable visit to Dublin and perhaps we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at some point in the future.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Merrion in June for a long Dublin weekend. Service was excellent and friendly. The location is convenient for sights as well as shopping and dining. Temple bar is a swift walk away. Had the room without breakfast, but there were lits of delis and coffeshops nearby. Would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lauri V
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently following your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted that you both enjoyed your stay so much.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

London
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Excellent hotel with very friendly staff. Room was very nice but try and get one that overlooks the courtyard not the back street.

The only downside was the restaurant where i ordered steak which had lots of fat in the middle and a large section of fat on the edge (difficult to see with the lighting!) when I mentioned it they did give a small reduction on the final bill but that wasn't the point. Given it is quite expensive, I would expect top quality steak. Saying that, my partner had blackened sole and said it was excellent.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the garden/courtyard
1 Thank Andy9999London
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion and for your feedback.

While I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay overall, I was disappointed to read that certain aspects of your meal in the Cellar Restaurant did not meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef also. Please note that the steak on the menu is a Rib Eye cut which would normally have a certain element of fat or "marbling" running through the steak and I am genuinely sorry that it did not meet with your liking on this occasion.

Thank you again for your feedback as we always value our guest comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Your Sincerely

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We enjoyed the afternoon tea along with the Art Tea on a June 2014 Sunday afternoon! It was wonderful to be spoiled by the tea sommelier and staff! We sat by the fireplace with the windows open and thoroughly enjoyed the tea, the sumptious pastries and sandwiches and all the art and the desserts created to replicate the art! It was wonderful!
I heard about the Art Tea from Tea Time Magazine!
One of the highlights of our visit to Dublin! What a delightful hotel! I would like to stay here the next time I am in Dublin!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Laurie F
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to our Drawing rooms for our Art Tea.

I have shared your wonderful comments with my colleagues in the Drawing Rooms and Pastry teams, who join me in thanking you; we are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea so much.

We look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us on your next trip to Dublin

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My partner and I enjoyed our weekend very much. The rooms are standard rooms as far as size goes, but the linens and the bathroom are very nice. The bed was very comfortable. We could, on one night, hear our neighbors very loudly, so that was a disappointment. Turn down service at night is really nice. The bathroom shampoos and soaps were already plentiful, but we kept getting more and more - - to the point where we had them lining our countertop! A bit excessive, but better than none. One morning I woke up to the smell of roses. It seems that sometimes rose scent is pumped in to the rooms - - or so I assume! Very nice. The staff is kind and welcoming, making you feel like you're their most special guest. Definitely a plus. The location was excellent! It's in a quieter area of Dublin, so it's peaceful and quiet, yet there's still a bunch of stuff to do! We loved sitting and having a quiet conversation and drink in the garden! Speaking of a lot to do in the area, some of the best Irish music in Dublin is known to be at O'Donaghue's right around the corner! We found an excellent breakfast spot around the corner also. The breakfast at the hotel, while plentiful and delicious, is served downstairs in The Cellar restaurant where there is no light. We found it too dark to visit more than once. Another great plus is that the "red tour bus" stops right there! Very convenient.

Room Tip: Select a room overlooking the gardens and with a balcony. Balconies are small (not large enough for...
1 Thank SeeJaneTravel1
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here. Thank you also for your feedback about the replenishing of amenities in the bathroom which I have shared with the Executive Housekeeper.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Calgary
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel which really deserves it's number 1 rating. Had seamless check in and check out which a lot of other hotels could learn from. It is also the best smelling hotel I have ever stayed at- the peat fire in the drawing room along with the hotels signature scent was really heavenly. The other thing I loved was the heated towel rack in bathroom. Other Irish hotels all have them but Merrion's worked the best. Big puffy beds and friendly low key staff. Good spa and pool. Dress nicely so you fit in. But really, really great.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank weliketofly
Manager_PMacCann, Director of Sales at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay so much and particularly the open fireplaces in our Drawing Rooms.