2,878 results
All reviews across the river warm cookies temple bar great location double tree modern hotel junior suite within walking distance trinity college excellent hotel would definitely stay here again dublin castle street noise guinness storehouse central location would highly recommend this hotel o'connell street
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I only had stayed at the Morrison for a few hours before departing to another location but I was very impressed with how swanky it was! It really reminded me of a W Hotel - very modern, great interior design. The rooms are a little on the smaller side but not too much of an issue if you have a room with a king-sized bed anyway. The bathroom was also kept very modern, granite countertops. The location is also great for tourists. All in all, the ambience of the hotel is right where I like it for any hotel stay.

Why I give it a 4-star versus 5-star was that I had called 2 hours after the reservation cancellation time and asked for forgiveness to cancel past the policy time. I had hoped for a little consideration but none could be given which disappointed me. I know that they have to follow policy but when I've done something similar at another brand hotel, I've been given it as a one time. It would have been appreciated to have it, but I understand, and it got me to stay there and experience it. Plus, I did really like it, much to my surprise!

I would definitely stay again though. The price point is also tons better than others in the same area so would recommend. Enjoy your stay there!

Room Tip: Select a room with a larger bed if you can
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This became our home while in Dublin for two days on the front end of our 360 degree journey of Ireland. Our room was one of the better designed rooms we've stayed at in recent memory. The hotel and it's rooms are ultra modern with mood lighting throughout the common spaces and guest rooms. We were lucky enough to have a balcony although it didn't overlook anything but an alley it was a blessing. Mind you all the rooms are large even though we did have a larger suite style room. Both nights we slept with the sliding glass door open and listened to the city sounds, passing storms and allowed the cool breeze to flow through. The bathtub is enormous where anyone who is 6ft can fit comfortably and relax. Beds are comfortable but the pillows are not very supporting. Our room was furnished with a wonderful sitting area with an ottoman and all to relax prior to leaving for the day or when you return. Parking is 12 euro and is not attached to the hotel but within a couple hundred feet from the entrance.

The breakfast buffet is outstanding as is the staff. If you don't see it on the spread just ask and it will appear. Fresh breads in a basket for you to hand cut, jams and jellies as fresh as can be. Mind you the bacon is outright unbelievable, it's as if you were getting a full on 1/4 lb piece of ham with every slice.

The Morrison's location is right on the banks of the Liffey river. There is a pedestrian bridge 100ft to the left of the hotel which allows you access right into the heart of the Temple Bar area. The Guinness factory is a short 15-20 minute walk away as is Trinity College. Make sure to try out Gallagher's Boxty House in the Temple Bar area for a nice meal and great service. Kudos to the front desk for this recommendation.

Hope this helps.

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Myself and my now husband got married here in April and we couldn't speak more highly of the hotel.the staff were excellent, friendly and extremely helpful. We got to stay in d penthouse which was above and beyond our expectations!our guests are still talking about the fabulous rooms and the friendly staff. Would Defo recommend this hotel and we will Defo be eatin in the restaurant again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Arrived in Dublin 3 hours before check in. Although I did not expect my room to be ready the staff were happy to check. As my room was not ready yet the staff kindly took our bags with no fuss. We were also told we could go through for breakfast if we wanted even though we'd only half checked in. When checking in later we were offered our complimentary cookies. The our room was over looking the river and was really clean. The size of the bed was amazing and the sheets were crisp and clean. The bathroom had a good size and also very clean. The flush button for the toilet was in an awkward place but this did not bother us. The large window let lots of light in and the mood lighting was calming. Decor of room was very modern and there was a good selection of tea/coffees. Although we were near the temple bar area the room was very quiet. We had a slight problem logging onto the room's individual WIFI but after ringing to reception someone arrived promptly to help. Although we did not use all the facilities of the hotel the guest/public areas looked well maintained. I would defiantly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in Dublin for a city break.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Wow. What a fantastic hotel. Very modern with friendly and professional staff. We were given a baked cookie each upon check in and were very pleased with our clean and comfortable modern room. With the exception of The Morrison not featuring an indoor swimming pool, my wife and I both agreed that The Morrisson is our ideal hotel.

The staff at this hotel are amazing and cannot do enough to help. They also have a great sense of humour and are always smiling as we found to be the case with most people in the lovely city of Dublin. We dined at the hotel's restaurant The Morrisson Grill and the food was delicious. I tasted better food in there than in some Michelin Star restaurants. The bar is a great place to relax after dinner and again, the staff offer service with a smile and will prepare the cocktails of your choice.

I cannot praise this hotel highly enough and would recommend the lovely city of Dublin for a city break. If you are looking for places to visit during your stay try The National Botanic Gardens and Dublin Zoo, both easily reached by bus. The City SightSeeing Dublin Bus Tour is well worth the money if you buy a 2 day pass and covers has stops outside, The Guiness Factory, Trinity College, The Jail, Dublin Zoo, Merrion Square (for Oscar Wilde fans) and Dublin Castle to name but a few.

We can't wait to return to Dublin and will be staying at The Morrisson again. Our only regret is that it took us so long to think of Dublin as a mini break location. A one hour flight away, convenient, friendly and full of fun.

1  Thank VanDwaas