2,843 results
All reviewsacross the riverwarm cookiestemple bargreat locationdouble treemodern hoteljunior suitewithin walking distancetrinity collegeexcellent hotelwould definitely stay here againdublin castlestreet noisecentral locationguinness storehousewould highly recommend this hotelo'connell street
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. We did not know it had been recently renovated and it was an almost brand new facility. Location wise, we were right across the river from the Temple Bar area. Perfect. The lobby area was very modern, bright and clean and the guest room was similar. Very comfortable. The room was adequate size with very modern facilities. In fact the lighting was so modern that it was difficult to figure out how to turn some of the lights on and off. Wi-fi was free and worked perfectly. We ate a the restaurant for dinner and the food was delicious. Front desk staff was very helpful with all our questions especially with finding some of the tourist sites. Overall, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Passenger797300
Patrick J, General Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear CliffKol,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of the hotel.

It was great to read about the many aspects of your stay and that the hotel delivered for you on so many fronts both in terms of rooms, food & beverage and our team of staff here. I have already passed on your comments here to all and know they will be appreciated.

Thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon,

Patrick Joyce,

Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is absolutely my number one hotel in Dublin. The rooms are beautiful, well worth the money. Close to Temple Bar and most of venues worth visiting in Dublin. Despite being in the centre, the Hotel is very quiet. Staff is very friendly and flexible and the food is amazing too. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LorrieUk_01

Dear LaurieUk_01,

Many thanks for your review of the hotel and delighted to read that you enjoyed so much about the hotel on your recent stay with us.

To be classed as a favourite hotel in Dublin is great to read and thank you.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 7 June 2013

What's not to like about the Morrison? The newly remodeled hotel is centrally located, walking distance to both work and tourist destinations, access to great restaurants and most importantly, they have fantastic staff.

What I like:
The remodel is fantastic.
The breakfast is one of the best Hilton/Doubletree breakfasts I've ever had
The gym, while sparse, is really quite nice.
The staff
Access to local pubs and restaurants
The famous doubetree cookie!

What I didn't like:
Not much really. You can find pretty much anything you want nearby. I suppose if I was to complain, it would be being seated at the table with the statue over top of you (you'll see it) as you're essentially right under the guys junk. Not a big deal, unless of course you want to look at a bronze member while you eat breakfast. I did laugh every time someone sat at that table, the reactions were priceless!

Note, there is no pool even though I clicked it (on accident)

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the water. There are not many so call and ask if you can get one.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank AgileDude

Dear AgileTraveller,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton.

I was very happy to read of your stay and that you found the hotel and our staff to be so welcoming. It is also nice that you noticed so many of the little extras here from our inclusive a la carte menu at breakfast to our welcome cookie at check-in.

Halo our breakfast room, is home to our bronze sculpture 'The Birdman' by Irish artist Patrick O'Reilly and as you rightly describe is a unique piece of artwork and almost synonymous with the hotel by now. I am glad you saw the lighter side of the artwork as it is a remarkable piece of artistry.

Thank you again and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

We spent 4 nights in a King Guest room in mid-May. Plenty of room and the bed was comfortable and roomy (for some people maybe a little too firm). The bathroom was spacious with fantastic
water pressure in the shower. The room temperature controls had an unusual 5-position color-coded switch - colder, a little colder, just right, a little warmer, and warmer. The location is perfect for sightseeing, most of the well known sights are minutes away and just six minutes walk to the Hop-On/Hop-Off bus for further-out sights. The buffet breakfast was very good, but the optional menu was excellent. I had Eggs Benedict (in addition to the buffet) two mornings and waddled away wishing I had more self control.
We arrived on an early morning flight and the hotel tagged and locked our luggage away in a secure room until our rooms were ready. All in all a high recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank fullprof

Dear fullprof,

Many thanks for your kinds words and review of the hotel. I was delighted to read of your satisfaction with the hotel in terms of its offerings & location and that you enjoyed your time with us so much.

It is always great to read of such a positive stay and I am very appreciative that you chose The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton in the first instance.

Hoping that we can welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Although a little on the pricey side, the hotel and rooms are stylish, contemporary and spotless. Staff were very friendly, even checking if things were ok for you when walking past in a corridor. Beds and pillows are the best I've had in a hotel, great views over the river and great food. Good location opposite Temple Bar. Reasonable car park a short walk away with a discounted rate for hotel guests. Free wifi has great coverage too.

I have stayed in this hotel on one occasion before and would certainly consider it again if I could afford it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the river, although if on the lower floors, passing Hen parties can cause a disturbance.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris B

Dear Chris B,

Thank you for such a positive review and great to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much. Your comments in relation to the team here are particularly appreciated and I have passed these on to all concerned.

I was also pleased to read that following our recent refurbishment you found the hotel to be very comfortable and that we ticked so many boxes in regards to service, location and our food & beverage offering.

Myself and all the team hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.