“Close to Temple Bar, but Quiet!”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Baltimore, Maryland
“Close to Temple Bar, but Quiet!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Sadly we only spent one night at The Morrison before our flight back to the US, but no doubt we will be back. We arrived very early after a somewhat adventurous taxi trip from the train station. We had an elderly driver who had no idea where the hotel was. The Morrison does not have any signage outside, so it's a good idea to be somewhat familiar with the address and location if you are taking a taxi. Anyhow, our room was not ready when we arrived, but our bags had been taken up to our room when we returned later in the afternoon. The rooms are recently renovated and very trendy. How nice to have adequate lighting in a room for a change! The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet even though we slept with the windows open. Terrific shower,and a big screen HD a TV with loads of channels. My only complaint is that there are no outlets near a mirror, so when I blow-dried my hair, I couldn't see what I was doing! You might want to avoid the hotel restaurant - there are tons of better, less expensive choices in Dublin.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tarheeldeb
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear tarheeldeb,

Many thanks for your review of the Morrison, we appreciate the time it takes to post a review and we love guest feedback.
I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your room. Thank you for your comments regarding mirrors near the hairdryer, this issue has been brought to our attention and we are currently looking into a solution. I am however glad you found the room bright and quiet and trust you had a good nights sleep.
Regarding the restaurant, If you ate in the restaurant I would love to hear your feedback, you can mail me privately on moconnor@morrisonhotel.ie.

Many thanks again and wishing you a very Merry Christmas,

Marion O Connor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is the ideal location for Dublin city centre,you could not get better!
The hotel itself is just fab!!modern,clean and relaxing,
I loved the bar and restaurant area,it was comfy and warm with a great atmosphere.
A brilliant touch was the warm cookies given on arrival,so tasty!!
Would stay in this hotel everyte I would come back to Dublin!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Flair1
Dear Flair1,

Thank you very much for your very kind review. It was a pleasure to read. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Its nice to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere and of course the famous Doubletree cookie.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon, best wishes for the festive season and New Year,

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the Morrison for two nights and was very impressed with this hotel. The location is perfect as it is very central. The room was nicely decorated with funky lights and quirky decor. The fire alarm going off at 6a.m. was quite annoying as we did not get the leisurely sleep-in we had anticipated. We ate in the hotel restaurant and while the food was nice, I didn't think it was anything special. I would recommend this hotel because of its location and modern decor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RJ85
Dear RJ85,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the location and the room decor. As you may be aware, we underwent a full refurbishment earlier this year and we are very proud of the modern, unique style. We are continuously working to maintain a high standard and to provide the best customer service possible.
I would also like to apologise for the fire alarm going off early on the morning of your departure, I assure you this is not normal practice and just an unfortunate incident whereby one of the guests set the alarm off in their room triggering full alarm, I trust this issue was quickly resolved and do hope you got back to sleep after.

Thank you most kindly again for taking the time to post about our hotel and I look forward to welcomming you back again in the near future,

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed at the Morrison for the first time this weekend - absolutely loved it!!! The hotel was absolutly beautiful, the food outstanding and please please please you have to try the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc in the hotel bar - amazing!!! We would generally not spend so much time in a hotel on a city break but the hotel was very inviting and comfortable that we just didnt want to leave. The location is excellent with just a 3 minute stroll to Henry St shopping and 5 minutes to Grafton St. so great for shopping, or eateries or theatres!!!Absolutely excellent location - close to everything!! The staff were lovely and very helpful, there was always someone there to ask a question to. The breakfast is the best we have had in all our hotel stays, the variety of breads and meats was exceptional aswell as the comfort of the dining room. Very different hotel breakfast experience! The breakfast staff were so lovely and accomodating to greet tired guests aswell - I like that very much. The room was so fantastic aswell lovely decor and the music notes were a lovely touch! I cannot wait to stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Edel D
Dear Edel D,

Thank you so much for your most kind review of the Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure to read and I am happy you enjoyed your stay so much.

I was particularly happy to see that you found the hotel welcoming and comfortable and the staff were accommodating. We pride ourself on giving the very best in customer service and we are constantly striving for improvement and its nice to see that it did not go unnoticed.
I was also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast, we are very proud of our breakfast offering and the wide selection we display so thank you for mentioning that.

Again thank you very much and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,

london, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We really enjoyed our trip (a birthday weekend away.) The staff were very friendly pointing out all of the good places to go and the cookie was a nice touch! I have since recommended this hotel to family and friends as the location and the rooms are perfect. Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Alex G
Dear Alex G,

Thank you very much for your review of the Morrison Hotel.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the infamous warm Doubletree Cookie. It was nice to read that you found the staff friendly and you were given some recommendations for things to do and see around the city, our front office and concierge team are always on hand to answer any questions and give recommendations for attractions, bars and restaurants around the city.

Thank you again for your review and also for recommending us to friends and family. I do hope to welcome you back very soon,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The Hilton DoubleTree in Dublin is perfectly located alongside the river. The hotel is modern, clean and efficient. I took an evening meal in the restaurant and was delighted with the range and quality of the food on offer; my choice of steak was perfectly cooked, superbly presented and the service was brilliant!! Staff are attentive, helpful and polite.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Stephen G
Dear Stephen G,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel.

It was nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel clean and modern. I was especially happy to read about your experience in our restaurant and you enjoyed your meal. We are very proud of our menu and of course our famous Josper Grill which produced your perfectly cooked steak. Thank you for your comments regarding the staff also, I have passed them on to all involved.

Thank you again and I hope to see you again very soon,

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Arrive for prebooked room, late on a cold evening. Greeted by flustered staff who informwed me that there my room was not available. Offered transfer to another hotel, taxi arrived and there was confusion as to which hotel i was going to. Eventually arrived at alternative hotel. It was in a different part of the city and a considerably lower standard.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business