“Fantastic”

Ranked #8 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I initially booked to stay in the summer at a web special rate but had to pull out at the last minute - I tried to cancel but was told that I couldn't, which was disappointing - although I understand the deal, I think that you should only retain my payment if you cannot re-sell the room, or the difference in value if you have to discount it (just some feedback, you can choose to ignore of course!) After that my experience was fantastic, you emailed me reminding me that I had the money on account with you and I rebooked a trip with my partner, my greatest surprise was that since your room rate on the date I booked was lower than my original booking you gave me the balance in room credit (although wouldnt refund the difference...) On check out, I realised that I was 1 Euro short of the set cab fare to the airport and the young guy on reception (didn't catch his name but it was circa 9am on Sunday 1st December) gave me the euro! I am the General Manager of a Porsche dealership and am constantly going on at my team about the massive difference the small things make, this is a perfect example and one I will be using at my next team briefing! This lad should be recognised for going the extra mile!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Stuart L
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Stuart L,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that despite the issue with your having to cancel a previous stay that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. I have passed on your comments to our revenue management team and they are currently looking into your suggestions. As you mentioned, because the reservation was an advance purchase special web offer we are unfortunately unable to accommodate refunds at this time however I was happy to see that we were able to hold the credit for you for a later stay and that the difference in price was credited to you for another stay.

I was extremely happy to read of your experiencec and encounters with our staff, in particular Daniel our front office manager. I have passed on your comments and the team were delighted to have contributed to an enjoyable stay. As you know, good customer service and little gestures make the difference between an adequate and a great experience and I am delighted to have met your standards,

Thank you again for your lovely review and I do hope to see you again very soon,

Kindest Regards and a very happy Christmas from all at The Morrison Hotel,

Marion O Connor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great central location in a groovy part of town. Ideal place to relax and meet up with friends and see all the sites. Met up with fmaily and friends here as part of our rugby adventures at Aviva Stadium. Easy walking distance and a great place for post game celebrations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Sfkiwis
Dear sfkiwis,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned we are very fortunate in terms of our location, we are walking distance from most visitor attractions in the city as well as close by to all shopping areas and local parks, sports areanas and of course public transport. After our recent refurbishment we have been working to provide a comfortable, warm, friendly atmosphere for all our guests and I was glad to see this was the case for you.

Thanks again for your review and Happy Christmas,

Las Rozas, Spain
Reviewed 2 December 2013

THis is a great hotel, great staff and great location. highly recommended- they always give you a warm cookie on your available and the staff its always nice and helpfull. location its awesome, just by the leffey, next to Temple Bar and shopping area. Great location. Decoration is very nice-- modern. Food is also nice. Bar is also very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank R V
Dear R V,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your time and your feedback. It was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your warm Doubletree cookie on arrival, these are a core standard at Doubletree hotels and given to every arriving guest( our guests can request one at any time during their stay also). Thank you for your comments regarding the bar and restaurant also, we strive to provide a relaxed, warm, welcoming and comforable atmosphere for our guests and was glad that youe enjoyed both areas.

Many Thanks again for your time and a very happy Christmas to you,

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Sadly we only spent one night at The Morrison before our flight back to the US, but no doubt we will be back. We arrived very early after a somewhat adventurous taxi trip from the train station. We had an elderly driver who had no idea where the hotel was. The Morrison does not have any signage outside, so it's a good idea to be somewhat familiar with the address and location if you are taking a taxi. Anyhow, our room was not ready when we arrived, but our bags had been taken up to our room when we returned later in the afternoon. The rooms are recently renovated and very trendy. How nice to have adequate lighting in a room for a change! The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet even though we slept with the windows open. Terrific shower,and a big screen HD a TV with loads of channels. My only complaint is that there are no outlets near a mirror, so when I blow-dried my hair, I couldn't see what I was doing! You might want to avoid the hotel restaurant - there are tons of better, less expensive choices in Dublin.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tarheeldeb
Dear tarheeldeb,

Many thanks for your review of the Morrison, we appreciate the time it takes to post a review and we love guest feedback.
I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your room. Thank you for your comments regarding mirrors near the hairdryer, this issue has been brought to our attention and we are currently looking into a solution. I am however glad you found the room bright and quiet and trust you had a good nights sleep.
Regarding the restaurant, If you ate in the restaurant I would love to hear your feedback, you can mail me privately on moconnor@morrisonhotel.ie.

Many thanks again and wishing you a very Merry Christmas,

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is the ideal location for Dublin city centre,you could not get better!
The hotel itself is just fab!!modern,clean and relaxing,
I loved the bar and restaurant area,it was comfy and warm with a great atmosphere.
A brilliant touch was the warm cookies given on arrival,so tasty!!
Would stay in this hotel everyte I would come back to Dublin!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Flair1
Dear Flair1,

Thank you very much for your very kind review. It was a pleasure to read. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Its nice to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere and of course the famous Doubletree cookie.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon, best wishes for the festive season and New Year,

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the Morrison for two nights and was very impressed with this hotel. The location is perfect as it is very central. The room was nicely decorated with funky lights and quirky decor. The fire alarm going off at 6a.m. was quite annoying as we did not get the leisurely sleep-in we had anticipated. We ate in the hotel restaurant and while the food was nice, I didn't think it was anything special. I would recommend this hotel because of its location and modern decor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RJ85
Dear RJ85,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the location and the room decor. As you may be aware, we underwent a full refurbishment earlier this year and we are very proud of the modern, unique style. We are continuously working to maintain a high standard and to provide the best customer service possible.
I would also like to apologise for the fire alarm going off early on the morning of your departure, I assure you this is not normal practice and just an unfortunate incident whereby one of the guests set the alarm off in their room triggering full alarm, I trust this issue was quickly resolved and do hope you got back to sleep after.

Thank you most kindly again for taking the time to post about our hotel and I look forward to welcomming you back again in the near future,

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed at the Morrison for the first time this weekend - absolutely loved it!!! The hotel was absolutly beautiful, the food outstanding and please please please you have to try the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc in the hotel bar - amazing!!! We would generally not spend so much time in a hotel on a city break but the hotel was very inviting and comfortable that we just didnt want to leave. The location is excellent with just a 3 minute stroll to Henry St shopping and 5 minutes to Grafton St. so great for shopping, or eateries or theatres!!!Absolutely excellent location - close to everything!! The staff were lovely and very helpful, there was always someone there to ask a question to. The breakfast is the best we have had in all our hotel stays, the variety of breads and meats was exceptional aswell as the comfort of the dining room. Very different hotel breakfast experience! The breakfast staff were so lovely and accomodating to greet tired guests aswell - I like that very much. The room was so fantastic aswell lovely decor and the music notes were a lovely touch! I cannot wait to stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Edel D
Dear Edel D,

Thank you so much for your most kind review of the Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure to read and I am happy you enjoyed your stay so much.

I was particularly happy to see that you found the hotel welcoming and comfortable and the staff were accommodating. We pride ourself on giving the very best in customer service and we are constantly striving for improvement and its nice to see that it did not go unnoticed.
I was also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast, we are very proud of our breakfast offering and the wide selection we display so thank you for mentioning that.

Again thank you very much and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,