“Great location”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

This is my first stay here and it is a good hotel in an excellent location. This was a business trip for one night.

Staff are friendly and the rooms are of good size. Wifi is free in the rooms which is great.

The bathroom needed a touch up as sink kept blocking and rust in the bath tub.

Would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Connecttraveller,

Thank you for your review of our hotel after your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and the time it takes to write a review.
I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be friendly and that the location was convenient for you. We are very proud of our location as it is very central to the city yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Templebar.

Just to touch on your comments about the bathroom in your room, we underwent renovations earlier this year and are continuing works to make sure every room meets our high standards. We are currently running a maintenance programme whereby our maintenance team works on one room per day to ensure everything in each room works and is presented up to The Morrison Hotel standards,

Many Thanks again for your review and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Kindest Regards and best wished for the festive season,

There are newer reviews for The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is located in a very nice central location, a short walk across the river liffey from the Temple bar area and its excellent nightlife. The hotel is very welcoming and staff are very helpful. The rooms are superb. Very bright and warm with nice decor. All expected amenities are in the room. Breakfast buffet was very good with plenty of choice. Free breakfast and internet is offered to hilton gold and diamond members, which is a bonus.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark B

Dear MarkB,

Thank you most kindly for you review of the Morrison Hotel following your recent stay. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff welcomming and friendly. We pride ourselves on offering the very best in customer service and giving all our guests a warm Irish welcome as we want our guests to feel at home. This is reflected by the amenities that we offer complimentary to our guests, including wifi, toiletries of the highest standard, hairdryer, ironing board and iron etc. Full unlimited access internet is given to our gold and diamond members however we do offer complimentary wifi to all of our guests up to half a megebite. I was also happy to see that you found the location to be good, we are very central in the city and within walking distance of most visitor attractions and shops the city has to offer.
It was nice to read that you enjoyed your room also as we underwent renovations earlier this year and strive to provide modern, clean comfortable accommodation.

Many Thanks again for your feedback and best wished for the festive season,

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Had our Christmas party there this year. Well impressed. Music on entry, plenty of food. And to the chef that invented the Christmas pudding ice cream - hats off. Only thing that was slightly annoying, at 1:30 on the dot the music stopped and the bar closed...bit early!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy P

Dear Andy P,

Many thanks for your review of your Christmas party held at The Morrison Hotel recently. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the event. I will pass on your compliments to the chef regarding the Christmas pudding ice cream as I am sure he will be very happy to hear, I will also pass on to all staff involved in the organising of the function as we strive as team to provide a great customer experience.

With regards to the music finishing at 1:30, unfortunatly due to licencing laws we are unable to extend this time however I do hope this did not affect your experience and I do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kindest Regards and Happy Christmas,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Recently stayed four nights at The Morrison in late November/early December 2013. I must admit that my expectations were exceeded by this hotel. The greatest strength of this hotel is the location. It is located along the River Liffey across from Temple Bar. There are many different restaurants and pubs all within a five minute walk. Transit is also easily accessible with the Luas stop just a minute away. Along with the location the accommodations were terrific. We stayed in a Jr. Suite with a King Bed. The design of the room was incredibly unique and comfortable. We were on the first floor and didn't hear any noise from the street level. We were in the back of the property along a non-busy street. If you can request this location, I would certainly recommend it. Finally, every staff member we encountered was incredibly friendly, efficient and welcoming. Every request from arrangement of a taxi to entering a wake-up call was met with a smile and no fuss. Each time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dublin whether it be for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back of the property are above a very quiet street. If an upgrade is available to a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scott Z

Dear Chiil1974,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of the Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure to read and I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I was especially pleased to read your comments on our staff, we continuously strive to provide the very best in customer service and to ensure a enjoyable and welcomming stay to each of our guests. I will happily pass on your kind words to our staff as it is always nice to hear good feedback from guests.
I was also glad to see that you enjoyed your accommodations, the decor of the hotel is modern and unique however it is also warm and comfortable.

Again thank you for your review and for your recommendation,

Kindest Regards and a very happy Christmas to you,

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The Morrison, which went through a massive renovation that concluded in early 2013, is an excellent hotel. We stayed at this hotel in late November and early December 2013. It is ideally located for persons interested in seeing the major sites of Dublin, most of which are within easy walking distance. The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious, and the service is friendly and accommodating. This hotel has an excellent bar and serves a great breakfast buffet in its restaurant. We would certainly consider returning to The Morrison the next time we visit Dublin.

Room Tip: The corner suites are very nice. Our's had a gas fireplace.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank CJTravelerTexas

Dear CJtravellerTexas,

Thank you for your review of the hotel following your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be accommodating and friendly. We are very proud of the level of service we offer and it was nice to read that it did not go unnoticed.
The location is one of the hotels best attributes as we are central to all vistior attractions and shopping areas in the city, but we are far enough away from the hustle and bustle to offer a quiet location ensuring a great nights sleep.

Thank you gain for your kind words and I hope to welcome you back very soon,

Kindest Regards and Happy Christmas,

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I initially booked to stay in the summer at a web special rate but had to pull out at the last minute - I tried to cancel but was told that I couldn't, which was disappointing - although I understand the deal, I think that you should only retain my payment if you cannot re-sell the room, or the difference in value if you have to discount it (just some feedback, you can choose to ignore of course!) After that my experience was fantastic, you emailed me reminding me that I had the money on account with you and I rebooked a trip with my partner, my greatest surprise was that since your room rate on the date I booked was lower than my original booking you gave me the balance in room credit (although wouldnt refund the difference...) On check out, I realised that I was 1 Euro short of the set cab fare to the airport and the young guy on reception (didn't catch his name but it was circa 9am on Sunday 1st December) gave me the euro! I am the General Manager of a Porsche dealership and am constantly going on at my team about the massive difference the small things make, this is a perfect example and one I will be using at my next team briefing! This lad should be recognised for going the extra mile!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Stuart L

Dear Stuart L,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that despite the issue with your having to cancel a previous stay that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. I have passed on your comments to our revenue management team and they are currently looking into your suggestions. As you mentioned, because the reservation was an advance purchase special web offer we are unfortunately unable to accommodate refunds at this time however I was happy to see that we were able to hold the credit for you for a later stay and that the difference in price was credited to you for another stay.

I was extremely happy to read of your experiencec and encounters with our staff, in particular Daniel our front office manager. I have passed on your comments and the team were delighted to have contributed to an enjoyable stay. As you know, good customer service and little gestures make the difference between an adequate and a great experience and I am delighted to have met your standards,

Thank you again for your lovely review and I do hope to see you again very soon,

Kindest Regards and a very happy Christmas from all at The Morrison Hotel,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great central location in a groovy part of town. Ideal place to relax and meet up with friends and see all the sites. Met up with fmaily and friends here as part of our rugby adventures at Aviva Stadium. Easy walking distance and a great place for post game celebrations.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Sfkiwis

Dear sfkiwis,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned we are very fortunate in terms of our location, we are walking distance from most visitor attractions in the city as well as close by to all shopping areas and local parks, sports areanas and of course public transport. After our recent refurbishment we have been working to provide a comfortable, warm, friendly atmosphere for all our guests and I was glad to see this was the case for you.

Thanks again for your review and Happy Christmas,