“Brilliant weekend had by my wife and I” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
coleraine, United Kingdom
“Brilliant weekend had by my wife and I”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

The hotel was excellent could not have asked for more helpful or polite staff, the roof was first class. The bar was brilliant getting to enjoy a few cocktails with my wife while listening to live music. We will definitely be staying there again

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Andrew L,

Thank you very much for your review of The Morrison Hotel.

I was so pleased to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning that you found the staff to be helpful and polite, we, as a team, work hard to ensure excellent customer service and so I will pass on your comments as I am certain everyone will be delighted to hear them.

It was also lovely to see that you liked the bar and the music, we have live music in Quay 14 every weekend so hopefully we will see you back there again very soon.

Guest Relatiosn Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Polish first
Polegate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here for 3 nights over the new year period and were extremely pleased with our choice. The hotel is not only perfectly positioned for exploring the heart of Dublin, it is also sleek and stylish without being pretentious. We found the reception staff to be warm ,friendly and attentive, nothing was too much trouble.
Our room was situated overlooking the courtyard (206), it was a good size, clean, comfortable and also quiet...the only slight niggle if I were to comment was the lack of a mirror near a plug in order to style hair...but that really is being picky! The shower was to die for, so powerful and plenty of hot water, good for waking me up in the mornings!
The food and drinks available in the bar were of a good variety and both equally tasty! Again, the staff were impeccable and ultra friendly.
If you want a hotel that is good value, in a perfect position with friendly staff, then we definitely recommend the Morrison. We hope to book there next time we visit Dublin.

Dear Sarah J,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of the Morrison Hotel, it was a pleasure to read and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much.

Your comments about our friendly and attentive staff have been duley noted and I will pass them on to the front desk and restaurant staff as I am sure they will be very happy to hear them. I was also glad to see that you found the location convenient and central, we are so close to almost everything the city has to offer and I hope you got to see and do all that you had planned to on your trip to Dublin.
Regarding your mention of the lack of a mirror near a plug in the guest room, we are aware of this issue and are currently working towards a solution. Hopefully it will be resolved very soon and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you again for your review and your time,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Morrison was a comfortable accommodation in Dublin with a great location. We had quick access to Temple Bar, the hop on hop off bus tour, Trinity College and the Ha'penny Bridge. The room was nice but somewhat smaller than expected. Breakfast was not included but was a nice spread with a lot of options. I would have no problem returning to The Morrison.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Trixie AD,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to opst about your experience at the Morrison Hotel Dublin.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the location to be convenient. We are very lucky with our location as we are very central in the city, within walking distance of most attractions and shops, yet in a quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of Templebar.

I am very sorry you found the room to be smaller than expected, I can assure you all our rooms are an approved standard size but hopefully we will see you again very soon and you can try out one of our deluxe rooms or suites.

Kind Regards,
West Molesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Superb hotel. One of the few 5 star hotels that is actually a 5 star hotel. Staff all very helpful and professional. Room was perfect, slightly more road noise from the front elevation room we had than I would have liked, but did not detract from the overall experience. Breakfast was superb and all offerings were of the highest quality.
The evening meal we had within the restaurant was top class as well.
Would highly recommend as a base when visiting Dublin as everything is a walk away including the popular Temple Bar area and shopping centres.
Did not make use of the gym or swimming pool so can't comment on as was too busy enjoying the sights and attractions of the City.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, select rooms towards the rear of the hotel.
Dear Phil H,

Thank you so much for your review of the Morrison Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments were most kind.

We are in fact a four star hotel but we are delighted you thought the hotel and its staff were up to five star standard, a compliment I will be passing onto all our staff.
I was glad to see you enjoyed your breakfast in Halo also, we are very proud of the quality and variety offered at breakfast so thank you for mentioning this and also for giving the Morrison Grill a great review too.

I do hope to welcome you back in the very near future and thanks again for the time it took to write your review,

Kidn Regards,

Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

stayed at the recently refurbished Morrison for four nights and found the staff to be helpful in every way. They changed my room when I requested it because of noise, they gave directions repeatedly for shopping, sightseeing, using public transportation, etc. They could not have been nicer. The room was large and beautifully decorated, the public areas also great. Breakfast buffet was extensive and had anything you might want. The location for tourists is superb. Right on the river and within walking distance of all areas of the city. If you want to use the LUAS, it is only a block from the hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel has many private parties that can be noisy late at night. If you are inclined to go to be...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Clabbers,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Morrison Hotel. It really was a pleasure to read.

I am very sorry that you encountered some noise issues during your stay but am delighted the issue was resolved quickly and efficiently for you. I do hope you enjoyed your new room and that you had a relaxing and quiet stay there.

I was glad to see that you enjoyed our breakfast offering which we believe to be extensive and of the highest standard.

Thank you for your comments about our staff, we are continually working to offer the very best in customer service and was so glad to see that you found everyone helpful. Our front office and concierge are always on hand to offer advice and recommendations, we also offer 24 hour reception so there is always someone here to help.

Thank you again Clabbers for your time in writing a review and I do hope to welcome you back very soon, wishing you and yours a prosperous New Years from all here at The Morrison,

New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were able to check in very early, about 10 am. Breakfast was delicious. Room has thoughtful touches, such as an umbrella, which came in very handy. The location is great, you can walk to most of the attractions from the hotel. The bed is VERY COMFY and the hotel and rooms are spotless.

Dear 264bwy,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of the Morrison Hotel, It was a pleasure to read.

I am so glad we could facilitate an early check in for you, we do not guarantee rooms until 3pm however if we have rooms available before this time we of course are more than happy to check guests in early. It was nice to read your comment about our breakfast offering which we are very proud of, we strive to provide a wide selection of the highest quality foods and I am delighted you enjoyed it.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed the rooms as well, in particular the beds, we offer king size beds in all guest rooms and all are fitted with mattress toppers to ensure maximum comfort. I do hope you had a good sleep during your stay.

Thank you most kindly again and i do hope to welcome you back in the very near future, Happy New Year from the Morrison Team,

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I liked the hotel, despite it being somewhat pricey for visiting during the off season. We were unhappy to find that our room was setup with two twin beds instead of the queen we requested. We waited in the room for hotel staff to re-assemble the bed into a queen. The location made it very easy to get around Dublin.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sipari traveller,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at The Morrison Hotel, we appreciate customer feedback and take your comments onboard.

I am very sorry that your room was made as a twin for your arrival, all of our rooms have king beds provided with most of these having the option to be twin or double, it is however an easy issue to solve and I do hope that the situation was quickly rectified for you.

I was glad that you enjoyed the location and I do hope that you got to enjoy all that Dublin has offer. We are very lucky with our location being so close to all shops and attractions.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon and we would like to wish you a very happy New Year,

Kind Regards,