“New Hilton\Doubltree in Dublin 1”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was looking for a good value near Temple Bar and for a Sunday night the Morrison was it.
Strange boutique decor and although my large Junior Suite was nice, the view of the neighbors backyards, sheds and smoking was not something I would pay a lot for.
If you don't look out the window, its a really nice room on second floor.
Staff was very helpful, let me check in early, upgraded me and answered a bunch of questions!
Location is great, Temple Bar right across the bridge
I will definetley stay there again, if I can get a good rate.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Liffey, the other views are crap.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear syBoston,

Thank you for your review of the hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
I was glad to read that you found the staff to be helpful and were able to assist in answering any questions you had. I am also happy that we could accommodate an upgrade for you. Regardsing the view, as we are a city centre hotel we do not advertise having views however we do have some rooms that face the river. We also have inner facing rooms onto the hotels courtyard, if you are returning to us please do not hesitate to request a one of these room types.
I was happy that the location was convenient for you, we are very centrally located and are within walking distance of most attracti9ons Dublin has to offer, I sincerely hope you got to see and do all that you had planned to.

Thank you again for your time and I hope we can welcome you back in the very near future,

Kindest Regards,

Marion O Connor

There are newer reviews for The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Was really looking forward to this hotel. Unfortunately, due to the hotel's central location, my room was very noisy!

Service was amazing and we were looked after.

Food was fantastic and loved the huge breakfast.

Room Tip: Don't go on the first floor, very noisy! I was above the side road.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Complimentary warm cookies on arrival were amazing, reception staff were very polite and pleasant. Happy to help with anything my girlfriend and I needed, very clean and modern inside, our king junior suite was a perfect size, huge bed and very spacious with a beautiful river view. The location of the morrison was ideal for getting to nightlife, pubs, resteraunts, shops and only a short taxi ride to the zoo. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in dublin... And I will certainly be visiting dublin again and will be staying at the morrison. Thankyou

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I didn't realize that there was a Doubletree in Dublin, so when I saw this, I decided to try it out. The location is really handy, just up the road from the ha'penny bridge. As soon as you walk in you can see how modern and clean the hotel is. My room was at the back of the hotel with not much of a view, but the room was stylish, with a nice sitting area and mood lighting. The bathroom was stylish too. The robe and slippers are always a nice touch. I only stayed for one night and struggled with the room temperature, ending up opening the window. I was surprised at the lack of road noise and managed to sleep OK, until the seagulls woke me. The staff were also very helpful and polite. I will try the hotel again and hope that I don't have the same issues.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear SDwoo,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your feedback and will use it to continually improve our service.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and our new decor, our maintenance and accommodation teams work very hard to maintain the hotel to the highest standard so they will appreciate your mentioning it. I am sorry you had issues with the room temperature, if ever you have issues please do not hesitate to call our front desk team who are on duty 24 hours a day to assist with any issues such as this. Also if you are retuening to us please feel free to write a note on your booking requesting a quiet room as we have inner facing rooms whereby you will have no issue with noise from the street, or seagulls hopefully!

I do hope we can welcome you back again and hopefully have a problem free and enjoyable stay with us.

Kindest Regards,

Marion O Connor

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The location, the rooms, the service - sorry, 4 things - the food. Location couldn't be more central. Rooms (one bedroom suites) perfect when traveling with a kid, you still can have a bite and drink with friends in the room while the little one is asleep. The service is constantly good, but the real quality shows when something doesn't go to plan - the response to an issue I voiced was more than accommodating and a real effort was made to resolve it. Breakfast I dare say is among the best you can get and the restaurant food is excellent and some dishes surprising in the best sense.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Morrison Hotel in mid-October 2013 for her birthday. I always do my research before I select a hotel. I found this hotel through Tripadvisor, as I always do. I was very pleased with the location and the atmosphere. Everything was very chic and clean. The reception desk was very welcoming and friendly. Before our trip, I had requested for balloons to be in the room and for one of them to say Happy 50th. I also asked for a restaurant recommendation. Each time I sent an email to the hotel with questions or requests, they promptly replied to me. One of the staff that specially stands out for me is Paul. He made sure that everything went perfect for our arrival. He even upgraded our room without me requesting it. Oh, the beds were VERY comfortable. They had hair blow dryers too, no need to pack yours.

The location - perfect! All we had to do was cross the bridge and we were at Temple Bar. We didn't have any problems with noice and I always felt safe. We were surrounded by plenty of restaurants and shopping. We walked everywhere. We never even took a Hop-on/Hop-off bus, no need in Dublin. Everything is pretty much walkable. Of course, not to the airport. That was only 15-20 minutes away by Taxi.

I have to say, the Irish people are so friendly and easy going. Maybe because they don't have the crazy work hours that we have in the states. Something to be said for that.

I highly recommend Dublin and the Morrison hotel. Don't forget to get the courage to rent a car and see the country. We did it for 2 days. We were a total of 5 days in Ireland, 3 in Dublin, the other 2 driving to see Blarney, Cobh, Kinsale, Cork and Kilkenny. We stayed the night in Cobh at a nice B&B called http://www.ardnalaoi.ie/. I highly recommend that too. I'll be reviewing it. The only disappointing stop was Cork - a bit down, economically, not good energy. Cobh and Kinsale were beautiful - near the ocean. Kilkenny is another great stop, quaint town.

Have fun in Ireland, we did! I'll have to go back and see the rest of it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank nydtobias
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Spent the weekend at The Morrison (Doubletree) and we were totally pleased with all aspects of this hotel (breakfast experience, location, fitness center, room, bar). Unqualified recommendation on this one. Well done.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple