“Great location”

Ranked #8 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Milford, Ohio
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is in a GREAT location on the River Liffey just across from the Temple Bar area of Dublin, which is why we chose it (that, and it's a Hilton, so we could take advantage of our Hilton perks). We stayed for two nights and were glad to be within walking distance of pubs and other attractions. Service was really great. We had some trouble with the parking garage down the street (attendant was MIA), and the lady at reception went out of her way to help us...walked down to Jervis St. carpark and phoned the company to get the attendant there so we could get our car out for the day.

Breakfast buffet was a bit of a disappointment. It had the components of a Full Irish, which was nice, but the eggs weren't very good quality (food service tasting) and the black pudding had a really gamey taste to it (it was either overcooked and/or sitting around in a chafing dish too long). There were plenty of options, though, including the typical continental breakfast fare. LOTS of bread selections, which was nice. My husband ordered an omelette and also said the eggs were kind of food-service tasting.

Our room had a fantastic view out over the Liffey and the bed was comfortable (king). The room was smallish, which is typical for a city hotel. The shower, though, had very little water pressure and hardly ever got above "warm." I don't know if it was because we were on the 4th floor or because our first shower experience was in the afternoon, but it was a bit let down. After traveling for over 14 hours overseas (with a hefty layover in the 'pleasant' airport in Paris), we just wanted to relax with a nice HOT shower. Oh well. That was the biggest drawback to this otherwise nice (and posh) hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vmalott
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Vmalott,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your experience with us at The Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your feedback as this is our most advantageous tool for continual improvement of our hotel and service.

I was delighted to read that you fopund the location of the hotel to be convenient for your needs and hope you enjoyed the sites and attractions Dublin city has to offer. I was also happy to see that our front office team member was on hand to help you with the missing car park attendant. I have passed on your review to the staff member in question as I know she would appreciate your thanks.

with regards to your breakfsat I am very sorry you felt the eggs were not to your taste, I have discussed this with our breakfast chef and hope it did not take away from your overall experience at the hotel. As you mentioned, there is plenty on offer at breakfast other than eggs and hope that there was sufficient choice for you.

I was also disappointed to see that the shower in your room fell below par, this is luckily not a regular issue for us however please accept my sincere apologies. I have spoken to our maintenance team who have rectified the problem and so I do hope that you can return and enjoy a nice hot, high pressure shower. Apart from the shower, I am happy that you found the bed to be comfortable and enjoyed a good nights sleep.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back again in the very near future,

Marion O Connor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

The last time I stayed at The Morrison was over 4 years ago. Stayed there recently and could not believe the difference. Really modern and funky decor and atmosphere and of course a superb location in the heart of Dublin. The rooms are really well designed with really comfortable beds and the breakfast was delicious. Would highly recommend and look forward to staying at The Morrison again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear John A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us at The Morrison Hotel.

I am so glad that, as a returning guest, you liked the new decor and style of the hotel. As you know they hotel was before, quiet a dark theme so the new modern, bright design is a big change. The entire hotel underwent a ferurbishment last year including all our guest rooms, meeting spaces, bar and restaurant. I am delighted that you enjoyed your room and had a good sleep in our king size beds, along with the refurb we furnished each room with a brand new king size bed, complete with top of the range mattress topper to ensure a great nights sleep. Thanks also for mentioning that you liked our breakfsat restaurant, Halo, where I trust you had an enjoyable breakfast.

Thank you gaian for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I thought overall the hotel was great. The service was a bit off. The restaurant was understaffed the 3 times I went to dinner there. The breakfast staff and food on the other hand was amazing. I can't understand why there was not an electrical outlet in close vicinity of a mirror. The bathroom outlet was for razors only, this meant that I had to blindly blow dry my hair. That was a huge inconvenience for me. The bed was very comfortable, a huge plus for a road warrior. The hotel was immaculate. I noticed that the staff was under pressure for the most part and it seemed like a staffing issue.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lenore D,

Thank you most kindly for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us, We appreciate your feedback and will of course use all your comments in our continual effort to improve our product and service.

I am so glad that overall you enjoyed the hotel and facilities, I was however disappointed that service was not up to standard for you. Please accept my apologies and note that I have indeed passed your comments to our management team who are currently looking into this issue. We are committed to providing our guests with the very best in customer service and am of course disapoointed that we fell short on this occasion. I do hope it did not affect your view of the hotel and truely hope to welcome you back in the very near future so we can ensure a most enjoyable stay for you.

On a better note, I am so pleased that you found your room and bed to be comfortable and hope you had a pleasant nights sleep.

Thank you so much again for your feedback and I hope to see you at The Morrison very soon,

Woodridge, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I love this hotel, my place to stay while in Dublin. Excellent location, and within a short distance to everything. It is about 15 minutes or so from the airport via taxi or about 25-30 minutes via Airbus 747 service. You wont go wrong here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cumonchito,

Thank you most kindly for your review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate the time it takes and value your feedback.

I am so pleased you enjoyed our central location, we are indeed close to almost all visitor attractions and shopping areas in the city and hope you got to visit everytthing you had planned to see. Thank you for also mentioning that the airport is easily accessed from the hotel via public transport and taxi.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future,

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Maybe arrange a deal with nearby car park as it makes the stay expensive. The rooms and attention to detail is excellent, the bar area and food were top class, staff were very helpful and very friendly, the hotel is very stylish and modern

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Eileen K,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate the time it take to write a review and value your feedback as it helps us to better our service on a daily basis.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be friendly and helpful, we pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service and was delighted that this filtered through to you during your stay. It was also lovely to see that you enjoyed your guest rooms and that the new hotel decor was to your liking. We underwent a full refurbishment last year whereby all guest rooms, bar, restaurant, meeting rooms had a complete facelift. Thank you for mentioning that you you found the hotel to be stylish and modern, we work hard to maintain the hotel to the highest of standards and feel that the hotel, while being modern, has not lost its warmth and comfort.
I was also pleased that you were able to experience our Morrison Grill Restaurant and that you enjoyed your meal, I do hope you tried something from our famous Josper Grill.

Agin thank you so much for your time and I hope to welcome you back very soon,

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is quite well located, walking distance from the Temple Bar, O'Conell st., it's shops, the mall, banks, etc. They also offer a quite good breakfast, and the staff is friendly and willing to help. The internet works fine and the warm cookies offered on your check in is a plus ❤️. The restaurant at the hotel is all right too...if you get a room in front of the river you will have a wonderful view. I would certainly stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Liafl,

Thank you for your review of the Morrion Hotel, we greatly appreciate all guest feedback as it helps us to better our service and improve on areas where we may need.

I am so glad that the location of the hotel was convenient for your stay, we are indeed very centrally located in Dublin city centre and close to most attractions that the city has to offer. Thank you for mentioning that you found the staff helpful and friendly, our team works very hard to provide excellent customer service and I have passed on your comments to all involved.

It was also lovely to see that you enjoyed your warm doubletree cookie on arrival, this is a Doubletree brand standard and incase you were not aware, warm cookies are available to our guest free of charge at any time throughout their stay with us. I see too that you had breakfast in our Halo restaurant and was delighted that you enjoyed it, we have a vast range of choice for breakfast and we use only the highest quality produce.

I am happy that we could accommodate a river room view for you, being a city centre hotel it is not always easy to find a room with a view but am so happy you liked it.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back very soon,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

First of all, the reception staff were courteous and professional and treated us to warm cookies--definitely the way to my heart! I love a good first impression. My husband and I chose the hotel because of the location and it was so perfect...walking distance to all of the action. The room was extremely comfortable and beautifully designed, very pleasing to the eyes. We would stay at the Morrison again, for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary L
Dear Mary R,

Thank you for your review of The Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback.
I was delighted to read that our front office team made a good first impression and that you enjoyed your warm Doubletree cookie on arrival. Our team are committed to giving professional yet friendly service and so I have passed on your compliments to the team as I know they would appreciate your mentioning this.
It was also lovely to see that the location of the hotel was convenient for you and your husbands needs. We are very lucky with our central location and, as you mentioned, we are within walking distance of almost all attractions and amenities Dublin has to offer, a big advantage to guests who do not have their own transport.
Thank you also for giving our new decor a mention, we underwent a full refub last year and the team has been continually working hard to maintain the hotel to the highest standards.

Thank you so much again and I hope to welcome you back very soon,