“Great hotel !! ”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here on Saturday night. We were delighted with the hotel , on arrival we were welcomed with home made cookies and are bags were brought up to our bedroom. Thought the room was gorgeous and the bed was huge !! The location is excellent , def a major bonus as really close to Jervis :) my only point against it would be the price , thought it was pricey and what we paid didn't include breakfast so we had to pay extra .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,547)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Heard this hotel had been modernised and had some money spent on it. That is very apparant in the rooms and public areas. Ate in therestaurant where the food was a bit average considering the charge. The service was however very good at dinner. My moan would be that the hotel bedroom doors do not have soft closers so everyone who arrives late or leaves early has there door banging. If you are a light sleeper it will wake you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Go C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Morrison Hotel and your experience with us.
I was disappointed to read that you found your meal average as we are very committed to serving only the finest quality foods and together with great customer service we aim to give our customers the best experience possible. I am sorry this was not the case for you and I would be more than happy to speak with you in relation to this should you so wish.
Regarding the soft close doors, as a safety measure we are required to have these fire doors in all rooms to meet with fire safety regulations, we have taken measures to minimise noise from banging and are currently still in the process of perfecting this, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I was however delighted to see that you liked the new decor of the hotel, we underwent a full refurbishment last year and as you mentioned all bedrooms, bar, restaurant and meeting spaces were redecorated to give a modern look but at the same time not losing out on comfort.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and again if you wish to discuss any of the above please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Wonderful hotel in a superb location facing the river. The rooms are lovely and well designed - bed huge and very snug. Came equipped with huge tv and fee wifi. Very impressed by a member of staff called "Kerry" who went that extra mile to help us. She especially went home to get her hot water bottle for myself to borrow, as the hotel did not have any and then delivered to our room when I was unwell on the second night. Complimentary warm cookies on arrival very good . The bathroom water pressure was not great, though minor issue.
Mr and Mrs F

Dear 367Charlotte,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your feedback as it helps us to better our service.
I was delighted to see that Kerrie was able to assist you with your request, all our staff are committed to meeting and exceeding guests expectations and we, as a team, work hard at providing the very best in customer service. I have passed your comments on to Kerrie who of course appreciated your kind words.
Regarding the water pressure in your room, I am very sorry it was not up to standard or you, we had a minor maintenance issue which has since been resolved and water pressure is back to normal. I do hope you will visit us agin so that you can enjoy your room with no water issue! From your review, apart from this minor issue, it was lovely to read that you liked your room and its decor. All our guest rooms were refurbished last year, they were also fitted with brand new king size beds and all amenities we feel our guests may need during their stay and so I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your room.

I do hope to welcome you back in the future and thanks again,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We loved the location of this hotel, the staff and the modern style and furnishings. The bar was nice and quiet compared to Temple Bar scene and though we didn't eat at the hotel the menu looked great. Our only concern was the noise form the street during the early morning. Our window faced the river - though we couldn't see it from our view - and the busy street noise worked its way into our room and woke us up earlier than we would have liked. This is a small complaint - as there are rooms you can get on the opposite side of the hotel, which if we had gotten, would have made this a perfect stay.

Dear Alan K,

Thank you for your review of The Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your feedback as it is our best tool for continually improving our product and our service.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, a special thanks for mentioning the staff as our team works very hard to give the best possible service to our guests. I am also glad that you found the location convenient for your needs and do hope you got to see all that you had planned to see.

Regarding the noise from outside traffic, I am very sorry that this disturbed your sleep, as a city centre hotel it is inevitable that we will encounter some traffic noise however it is luckily not a big issue for us and truely hope it did not disturb your stay with us too much. As you mentioned we do indeed have quieter rooms available, inner courtyard facing rooms and rooms which face onto back streets as opposed to the busy quay traffic, should you wish to visit us again please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be more than happy to assist in getting you a quiet room. Hopefully you will be able to sample our Morrison Grill too.

Thanks again for your time,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is an excellent hotel,breakfast was unbelievable so fresh and the variety of food was something else.perfect location for dublin city centre and temple bar areas plus grafton street. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Dear Damien T,

Thank you so very much for your reviw of the Morrison Hotel, it was a pleasure for me to read and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your very kind comments about our breakfast restaurant, Halo. We are very proud of of breakfast offering and believe that we have something for everyone. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team as I am sure they will be delighted to hear them.

I was also glad that you found the location convenient for your needs , we are very lucky with our central location and are within walking distance to most of Dublins sights and attractions.

Thank you again and I hope to welocme you back very soon,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The front desk staff was very attentive and professional. The breakfast and lunch crew was outstanding very personable and welcoming. It was the best part of my experience there. The hotel is very well located near all the activities in Dublin.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Marco C,

Thank you most kindly for your review of The Morrison Hotel, It was a pleasure to read.

Thank you especially for your mention of our front office, breakfast and restaurant staff. Our team are committed to providing the very best in customer service and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all involved as I am sure they will appreciate them.
I was also glad that the location was suitable for your needs, we are very central in Dublin city and are within walking distance of most attractions Dublin has to offer. I hope that you got to see all that you came to see.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future and thank you gain,

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel is in a GREAT location on the River Liffey just across from the Temple Bar area of Dublin, which is why we chose it (that, and it's a Hilton, so we could take advantage of our Hilton perks). We stayed for two nights and were glad to be within walking distance of pubs and other attractions. Service was really great. We had some trouble with the parking garage down the street (attendant was MIA), and the lady at reception went out of her way to help us...walked down to Jervis St. carpark and phoned the company to get the attendant there so we could get our car out for the day.

Breakfast buffet was a bit of a disappointment. It had the components of a Full Irish, which was nice, but the eggs weren't very good quality (food service tasting) and the black pudding had a really gamey taste to it (it was either overcooked and/or sitting around in a chafing dish too long). There were plenty of options, though, including the typical continental breakfast fare. LOTS of bread selections, which was nice. My husband ordered an omelette and also said the eggs were kind of food-service tasting.

Our room had a fantastic view out over the Liffey and the bed was comfortable (king). The room was smallish, which is typical for a city hotel. The shower, though, had very little water pressure and hardly ever got above "warm." I don't know if it was because we were on the 4th floor or because our first shower experience was in the afternoon, but it was a bit let down. After traveling for over 14 hours overseas (with a hefty layover in the 'pleasant' airport in Paris), we just wanted to relax with a nice HOT shower. Oh well. That was the biggest drawback to this otherwise nice (and posh) hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vmalott
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Vmalott,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your experience with us at The Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your feedback as this is our most advantageous tool for continual improvement of our hotel and service.

I was delighted to read that you fopund the location of the hotel to be convenient for your needs and hope you enjoyed the sites and attractions Dublin city has to offer. I was also happy to see that our front office team member was on hand to help you with the missing car park attendant. I have passed on your review to the staff member in question as I know she would appreciate your thanks.

with regards to your breakfsat I am very sorry you felt the eggs were not to your taste, I have discussed this with our breakfast chef and hope it did not take away from your overall experience at the hotel. As you mentioned, there is plenty on offer at breakfast other than eggs and hope that there was sufficient choice for you.

I was also disappointed to see that the shower in your room fell below par, this is luckily not a regular issue for us however please accept my sincere apologies. I have spoken to our maintenance team who have rectified the problem and so I do hope that you can return and enjoy a nice hot, high pressure shower. Apart from the shower, I am happy that you found the bed to be comfortable and enjoyed a good nights sleep.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to welcome you back again in the very near future,

Kindest Regards,