“Beautiful, modern hotel in excellent location”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Beautiful, modern hotel in excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Spent 2 nights in this hotel - it's in an excellent central location, near shopping area and just over the river from Temple Bar. Modern, quirky decor, comfy bed, pillows not the best....
Really nice restaurant areas and bar with good food.
On the downside - difficult loo to flush, lacking hooks in bathroom

1 Thank Steve W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Polish first
Pickering, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great hotel overlooking the river, very central to all the shops and attractions of central Dublin. Clean, pretty quiet, nice lounge. Very helpful staff comfortable large rooms. Good size gym, would visit again

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
MarionOC13, Front Office Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
dear clark_june,

Many thanks for your recent post on Tripadvisor following your stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and hope sincerely that we may get to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

With kindest regards,

Marion O'Connor
West Lawn, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Upon arrival found out there is no FREE parking so we took the rental car back, area is not what I would call warm and fuzzy. Got to our room and there were purple lights highlighting the room. I thought we made a mistake and checked the bed to see if it was going to vibrate, it did not thank god. Only had one wash cloth to use and the air conditioner did not cool the room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Kenneth A
Dear Kenneth A,

Many thanks for your review and details on your stay with us. I am sorry that overall you do not appear to have enjoyed your stay with us, and only wish we had known while you were with us so we could have attempted to remedy your concerns or queries.

Unfortunately we do not have a private car park at the hotel but have negotiated a 24 hour rate with the car park located 1 block behind us for all our guests.

In relation to the area, as many guests post here, it is a vibrant area, close to Temple Bar and one that acts as a great base for exploring the city. Our location is absolute city centre and as such has an urban feel to it - we think the hotel is still looking great, 1 year post refurbishment and sits in well with its surroundings.

The bedrooms do offer some mood lighting which can be switched off and adds something different and descriptive to the property - the rooms do of course offer standard LED and Halogen based lighting as well for functional purposes all of which can be seen on our website in the Gallery section.

Again, my apologies if the hotel fell short of the mark for you and thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Marion O'Connor,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We loved the location of this hotel, just across the river from Temple Bar and many other great places to visit. The staff were friendly and our room was a nice size and very clean. We weren't in love with the contemporary style of all the furnishings, but it was fine.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is a Superb hotel ...I cannot fault anything ....
great location,great rooms,great food great Staff .....if I ever come back to Dublin I will be staying at this hotel ...across the river is temple bar area just walk across the bridge just off the hotel front and your there

Room Tip: ask for room on 4th floor away from street as I guess elsewhere could be noisy
Dear Tripmonkey00,

Thank you so much for your very positive comments on your recent stay with us. Myself and the team were delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel, its staff, service and amenities so much and I hope that we can welcome you back again in the near future.

With best regards,

Marion O'Connor
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in an awesome location right across the river from the Temple Bar area. The rooms are very modern and clean. Breakfast is fantastic at the restaurant, a great start to the day.

However, it was the staff that made the hotel fantastic - I had a few problems on my arrival (airline lost luggage, lost mobile phone, etc), and the staff could not have done more to assist and help. They were extremely pleasant with my endless problems and questions - thank you :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear melamck,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent stay with us.

It was great to learn that you enjoyed your time with us so much and that in particular you found our team members to be so helpful and willing to be of service. The fact that they were able to assist you on matters and make your stay all the more comfortable is very positive and I have been sure to pass on your kind comments to all concerned, already.

With kindest regards,

Marino O'Connor,
Front Office Manager
Pontefract, West Yorkshire, England.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I arrived at the Morrison at 9.30pm after travelling for much of the early evening. I checked in and went straight to the bar/restaurant for some much needed refuelling. I sat at the bar and ordered food and drink but was instantly deterred by the draft from the main door that was only a few feet away, I moved but could still feel the draft and more off putting smell the stale smoke from outside. I ordered ribeye steak, medium rare, fries and 2x pepper sauce....after the third attempt this combination was eventually delivered correctly....I complained at each failed attempt and eventually received my bill with 50% of the food removed.... no apology was given by either the manager or the stern faced waitress....in fact she seemed more intent on setting the tables for the following morning!! All in all absolutley terrible service....I will not return!! In fact wish me luck because im going to complain about my bill!!

2 Thank Adrian48
pauljoy2013, Assistant General Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Adrian48,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at The Morrison on Tripadvisor.

It is disappointing that your first impression of The Morrison Grill was not a positive one, especially after a long days travelling I can appreciate your frustrations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings in service which you experienced on this occasion.

I was delighted to get the opportunity to meet you on the second evening of your stay and I am very thankful for you to give me your feedback in person. Also, I am thrilled that you dined with us again on the second evening and your experience was far more positive and in line with the high standards we are proud to operate to.

I do hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Morrison at some stage in the future.

Best regards,