“Good quality hotel on bank of the river”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in April for my partner's birthday having stayed previously a few years ago, I thought I surprise her and go back;
The hotel is exactly as we remembered, in terms of excellent quality and service even down to the welcome cookie which was hot out of the oven when we arrived, great central location between the shops and the nightlife.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeeJenner

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is centrally located, loved how easy it was to run right outside along the river. Additionally, the rooms are clean, very nice and updated. Very kind staff, and obviously loved the chocolate chip cookies that you come to expect at double tree.

Stay here if you can, it was great!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Thebear0618,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of the Morrison Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular that the location was convenient for your running, the rooms were to your taste and up to date and most importantly that you found the staff to be friendly.
We appreciate your comments as this is the level of service we strive for.

Thank you most sincerely againa nd I hope to welcome you back very soon,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Super hotel. a great choice. Perfect location very quiet but a stones throw from all the action. Lovely comfortable modern rooms. a breath of fresh air. We didn't use room service or have breakfast so can't comment on those but staff friendly and pleasant We had breakfast at great little cafe round corner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jane6714,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us at the Morrison Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and I was happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us here. Thank you for mentioning that you found the staff to be friendly and the rooms to be modern and comfortable. I will pass on your comments to the team as I am sure they will be appreciated.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future where perhaps you can sample our breakfast in our HALO restaurant.

Thanks again and Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great hotel that has the best location for walking to close tourist attractions in Dublin. Staff couldn't have been more accomodating as we arrived so early from the States - 10:00 a.m. and obviously earlier than their rooms would be ready. They stored our bags, provided us with a complimentary, wonderful and plentiful breakfast buffet so we could recharge. Informed us that they would have our rooms ready by 1:00. However, when we finished with breakfast and were heading out the door to explore, the folks at the main desks called us back to inform us that they had gotten our room prepared and ready for us early. How wonderful was that? Room was clean smelling, fresh and crisp linens and towels and very spacious for European hotels. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here for a short trip to Dublin and the hotel was fantastic. The morrison has the feel of a boutique hotel with great service. As a Hilton Diamond member I got upgraded to a junior suite which had a lot of space and nice furnishings. The hotel is very modern with nice common spaces. The location is great - a short walk to the Temple bar area and right by the the river.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear RifandG,

Many thanks for your kind review of the Morrison Hotel. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your room was up to your expectations. Thank you also for mentioning that you found the location convenient and you found the service to be good. I am delighted that as a Daimond member we were able to accommodate a complimentary upgrade for you and I trust you enjoyed your Doubletree Cookie on arrival also.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Arriving at The Morrison from an early morning flight, we were greeted with a 'Welcome, your room is ready and we have upgraded you'. That was just the start of a perfect stay in Dublin. All hotel staff we had contact with were pleasant and helpful. The room we were upgraded to (2nd floor corner king suite) was beautiful. Overlooking the Liffey River, the room was modern, clean, spacious, and perfect in every way. We never had a problem with noise from the street. The location couldn't have been better - we walked to St Michan's, Jameson Brewery, Christchurch Cathedral, Trinity College, and I could go on and on... There were no issues with wifi connection. We also had breakfast included in our room rate. Cooked to order or from the buffet we tried both during our two night stay - both were great! The staff in the restaurant were friendly and accommodating. We are planning a return trip to Ireland and will DEFINITELY be staying at The Morrison. Thank you to a great start of our vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank somebodysmother
Reviewed 11 May 2014

From the moment we walked in, we felt welcomed and comfortable. Every person from Paul, Assistant Manager, Patrick, Manager, Adam & Jessica, wait staff and everyone we have encountered, have all made us feel welcomed and taken care of us.

I travel constantly for work and this hotel is one of the best I have experienced.

Our room is amazing and I love the contemporary decor of the hotel. The food is divine. If we return to Dublin, The Morrison is the only hotel we would visit and I would recommend it for anyone visiting Dublin. What an amazing experience and a great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Diane L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your experiences at The Morrison Hotel, A Doubletree by Hilton. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received a warm welcome from all here. I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to all invloved as I am positive they will be appreciated.
I was delighted to read that the new decor of the hotel was to your liking and that you enjoyed your meal in The Morrison Grill. Your comment " this hotel is one of the best I have experienced" is so appreciated and we are delighted to receive such high praise as we work very hard to create a rewarding experience for our guests. Thank you again and I hope we can welcome you back to The Morrison in the not so distant future,