“Nice hotel, great city centre location, but!!!!!”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This has a superb location.
It is situated in the centre of Dublin on the banks of the Liffey, across the river from the lively Temple Bar area, and within easy walking distance of O' Connell street and city centre amenities and sights.
Rooms are comfortable and well appointed.
Overall our weekend stay was comfortable.
However, it was soured by an unfortunate experience on the Saturday afternoon.

Returning to the hotel at 16:00 from a day on foot sightseeing in central Dublin, my wife and I intended to have a relaxing drink in the ground floor open plan bar area.
Unfortunately half of the the bar was closed for a private function and the remaining part was totally full.
We decided to return to our room.
Our room had not been cleaned by Housekeeping.
There was no housekeeping staff available on our floor, so my wife went down to the hotel reception to ask when our room would be available.
The receptionist advised that if I had not specifically requested that my room be cleaned that it was unreasonable for me to expect that the room would be available at 16:00 in the afternoon.
She added that it was hotel policy to prepare rooms for arriving guests first and that the rooms of existing guests were always cleaned last.
The receptionist's attitude and tone was very aggressive.
My wife and I did not argue nor make any kind of formal complaint.
We merely asked that our room be cleaned.
The hotel bar was unavailable so we were obliged to leave the hotel for 90 minutes to allow time for room to be cleaned.
We were both upset by our experience.
Later that evening, we received a gift from the hotel duty manager with an written apology for what had happened to us earlier.
This was unsolicited, as we had not made a complaint, but it was appreciated.
I like this hotel and would recommend it, but the memory of our unfortunate experience lingers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hamilton P
There are newer reviews for The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My 4 colleagues and I met here for a two-day business meeting. The meeting room (boardroom) had natural light, the staff were friendly and courteous, introducing themselves with old fashioned manners, the food and drinks were on time and lunch was delectable. The accommodation was excellent value with funky, spacious rooms and a very comfortable bed. I travel a lot for work and could not fault The Morrison.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank airheart_ash
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Air Heartash,

Thank you so much for your review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate the time it take to post a review and are very grateful.

I was delighted to read that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with your meeting and catering also.
Thank you for also mentioning that you liked the decor of your guest room and that you found the staff to be courteous and helpful, this is what we strive for every day and I will be sure to pass on your compliments,

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back to The Morrison Hotel very soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Decided to treat ourselves to a meal at this beautiful hotel and opted for the more casual seating in the morrison grill which is ajoined to the bar and looking out over river liffey we got ourselves a lovely comfortable seat and the waiting staff arrived with our menus what a hard decision to make as practically everything listed sounded delicious we decided on steaks medium to well done and they arrived perfect accompanied by a very tasty rosttie and salad with velvet gravey server from a cow jug and added a little quirkiness to the dish we both cleaned our plates once again must give a mention to the house wine that is very very tasty overall we had an absolute wonderful evening food second to none staff on hand constantly to help and so so friendly great buzz going on in the hotel as it seems most popular with business people and tourist alike well worth a visit and hopefully be back very soon two happy customers x

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jackie139
Reviewed 20 May 2014

probably one of the friendliest hotels we stayed at in Ireland. Our suite was first class, dinner at the restaurant was surprisingly good - even tough the music and noise from adjacent bar was a little to loud for us, and the breakfast selection, buffet and service crew was absolutely first class. Well be back !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Centrally located not far from Ha'penny Bridge, and across the river from Temple Bar, this is an absolutely gorgeous hotel. It has every amenity one could ask for that I saw. The architecture is unique and appealing! This is a five star hotel for sure, and you get cookies upon check in!! The staff excellent and friendly!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Cubs 13909,

Thank you so much for your review of your astay with us at The Morrison Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, in particular that you found the location convenient and that you liked the amenities we offer all our guests. Also, I was happy to see that you liked the Doubletree Cookie given on arrival!

Thanks again for your time and I hope to see you again in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I may not have stayed in an American hotel had I not had hilton points for some of my stay. I'm glad I did!! The Morrison is in a great location. Right across the bridge from Temple Bar, so you are close but don't get the noise of party central. You can walk to a lot of sights, great restaurants, and pubs. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and well appointed. The hotel has a boutique-y upscale feel especially compared to other doubletree I've stayed in. Lots of outlets for your computers and PDAs. I enjoyed my nightly nightcaps in the hotel bar to unwind. I would book here again.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank alliecat2842
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Superb location, the most friendly and helpful hotel staff I have ever encountered. I am constantly on the road for business and this is the best Hilton Hotel I have ever stayed at for business or leisure. Within walking distance of most major attractions (Tiinity, Temple Bar, River Liffey etc)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Chris M,

Thank you so much for your kind review of The Morrison Hotel. A special thanks for your lovely comments about our staff, I have passed on your review to the team who appreciate it greatly as they work very hard to ensure the best of customer service is given at all times.

Again, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest Regards,