“Great Hotel, Excellent Location”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you're looking for a god hotel in a great location then this is worth considering. The Morrison is well equipped with a great restaurant, bar and excellent facilities in the rooms. I've stayed here several times and It's a firm favourite any time I plan to visit Dublin. Most of my colleagues now book here as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Robert Y,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of The Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your feedback and are grateful that you and your colleagues continue to use The Morrison Hotel as your base while in Dublin.

I was delighted to read that you enjoy our restaurant and bar areas and find the rooms to be well equipped for your needs,

Thanks again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Marion O Connor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,597)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently spent 9 nights at the hotel. Our overall experience was great. The location is close to restaurants, shops and museums. I could walk to many places easily and quickly. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. I couldn't ask for better treatment. My only caution is that there are some tech related gadgets (open/close curtains, shower) that took a bit to find/figure out. Once I learned everything was fine! I will certainly choose this hotel if I ever return to Dublin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank conniaugusta
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed in The Morrison Hotel recently with my mum for one night and had a fabulous time. The hotel and rooms are beautiful, very modern and clean. We had steak for dinner and it was absolutely delicious and breakfast was the BEST we have ever had in any hotel. But above all every single member of staff was excellent, couldn't be more friendly or helpful. I cannot fault this hotel in any way. I have been lucky enough to stay in some very impressive hotels in Ireland and abroad but The Morrison is definitely one of the best if not the best!!! The location is also prefect for shopping, going out etc. Definitely worth a visit. Looking forward to staying again soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Elaine A
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great hotel to stay at in Dublin! Staff was very helpful and the location is superb for pub crawls or seeing the local sites! If you need a change of venue for food the Italia Bar around the corner had great food and service. Portions are a little too big

Room Tip: Check out The Church Bar
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Blaine557

Dear Blaine 557,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel.

I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the location to be convenient for your needs, thank you also for mentioning that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Morrison Hotel very soon,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This has a superb location.
It is situated in the centre of Dublin on the banks of the Liffey, across the river from the lively Temple Bar area, and within easy walking distance of O' Connell street and city centre amenities and sights.
Rooms are comfortable and well appointed.
Overall our weekend stay was comfortable.
However, it was soured by an unfortunate experience on the Saturday afternoon.

Returning to the hotel at 16:00 from a day on foot sightseeing in central Dublin, my wife and I intended to have a relaxing drink in the ground floor open plan bar area.
Unfortunately half of the the bar was closed for a private function and the remaining part was totally full.
We decided to return to our room.
Our room had not been cleaned by Housekeeping.
There was no housekeeping staff available on our floor, so my wife went down to the hotel reception to ask when our room would be available.
The receptionist advised that if I had not specifically requested that my room be cleaned that it was unreasonable for me to expect that the room would be available at 16:00 in the afternoon.
She added that it was hotel policy to prepare rooms for arriving guests first and that the rooms of existing guests were always cleaned last.
The receptionist's attitude and tone was very aggressive.
My wife and I did not argue nor make any kind of formal complaint.
We merely asked that our room be cleaned.
The hotel bar was unavailable so we were obliged to leave the hotel for 90 minutes to allow time for room to be cleaned.
We were both upset by our experience.
Later that evening, we received a gift from the hotel duty manager with an written apology for what had happened to us earlier.
This was unsolicited, as we had not made a complaint, but it was appreciated.
I like this hotel and would recommend it, but the memory of our unfortunate experience lingers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hamilton P
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My 4 colleagues and I met here for a two-day business meeting. The meeting room (boardroom) had natural light, the staff were friendly and courteous, introducing themselves with old fashioned manners, the food and drinks were on time and lunch was delectable. The accommodation was excellent value with funky, spacious rooms and a very comfortable bed. I travel a lot for work and could not fault The Morrison.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank airheart_ash

Dear Air Heartash,

Thank you so much for your review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate the time it take to post a review and are very grateful.

I was delighted to read that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with your meeting and catering also.
Thank you for also mentioning that you liked the decor of your guest room and that you found the staff to be courteous and helpful, this is what we strive for every day and I will be sure to pass on your compliments,

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back to The Morrison Hotel very soon,

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Decided to treat ourselves to a meal at this beautiful hotel and opted for the more casual seating in the morrison grill which is ajoined to the bar and looking out over river liffey we got ourselves a lovely comfortable seat and the waiting staff arrived with our menus what a hard decision to make as practically everything listed sounded delicious we decided on steaks medium to well done and they arrived perfect accompanied by a very tasty rosttie and salad with velvet gravey server from a cow jug and added a little quirkiness to the dish we both cleaned our plates once again must give a mention to the house wine that is very very tasty overall we had an absolute wonderful evening food second to none staff on hand constantly to help and so so friendly great buzz going on in the hotel as it seems most popular with business people and tourist alike well worth a visit and hopefully be back very soon two happy customers x

• Stayed: May 2014