“Super cool”

Ranked #8 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Super cool”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Cool hotel in the middle of temple bar. Spent a weekend here recently and loved it. It's my new favorite hotel in Dublin.

Rooms are small but great and our bathroom was large. No bath but that didn't bother us.

You can do the tourist trap stuff within seconds of the front door but the hotel bar is cool with a dj on the Saturday night we were there.

Price was low for a hotel in this location of a big city. I can't fault it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank solomonjohn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The location of this hotel is great - you are within walking distance to everything. The beds and pillows felt like you were sleeping on sand bags. We requested the pillows to be switched out but they were no better (our ears actually fell asleep they were so hard) - in all fairness we requested no feathers because of allergies. They added an extra charge to our bill that was unexpected: a donation to a charity that "they" supported (but we were to pay for?). They removed the charge when I requested it to be taken off.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gumbygirl1
CHGRM, Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Gumbygirl1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at The Morrison on Trip advisor and letting us know of your time with us. Having read through your review I am disappointed that you found some aspects of the hotel and your stay to be underwhelming.

I am sorry that you found parts of our bedding to be uncomfortable, all of our beds are to The Hilton Worldwide specification and as such it is seldom to hear this feedback. I hope that it didn't cause you an uncomfortable nights sleep.

In The Morrison, I can categorically assure you we do not charge guests for to charities we support. We have never done this. All charities we support is funded fully by the hotel and no guests are ever asked to contribute and with that it would never be on a guests bill. I would love to have the opportunity to discuss this with you over the phone or via email so I can review your bill to see what extras were on there and reassure that was is stated in the review is not correct.

Please let me know which is preferable for you and a time that is suitable. My email address is pjoy@morrisonhotel.ie or via phone +353 1 8872400.

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully I will get to speak to you in the coming days.

Best regards,
Paul
Jefferson, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Can't say enough about this hotel! Third time to Dublin and first time at The Morrison. Would never stay anywhere else! The staff was incredible , hotel was clean and centrally located to everything. What made it even more special was that we got to stay in the Penthouse! Awesome stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
England

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Guildford England
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'd echo all the other positive reviews - this is a great modern hotel in an excellent location with lovely and efficient staff. It's within easy walking distance of just about everything, but far enough away from Temple Bar (the main party area, if you haven't read your guide book yet) to let you get a good night's sleep. Breakfast was particularly good - buffet with just about everything Irish and also an a la carte menu. For business users there's free wifi in the rooms (serviceable although it's not superfast).
One more thing folks: Dublin is full of the global chains like Starbucks, McDonalds, etc, but just don't - go to Bewley's on Grafton Street for coffee (same price as Starbucks and with a gorgeous period feel) and just about any pub for a decent lunch. I'm missing Dublin already!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BarrySandell
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear BarrySandall,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your time in posting about about your experience with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location was convenient for your needs. Just a short walk from all major attractions yet far enough away from the noisy Templebar.
Thank you for also mentioning that you found the staff to be helpful, our team works hard to ensure the best of customer service so they will appreciate your kind comments.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future and thanks again,

Kind Regards,

Marion O Connor
England
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked The Morrison Hotel as a surprise birthday present for my girlfriend for two nights. Before we even arrived, the staff were more than happy to help me with arranging to have a bottle of bubbly and chocolates delivered to the room as a surprise. All it took was a couple of emails, they originally offered to go to the shops and buy a box of chocolates, however, I opted to have the in-house kitchen provide a plate of chocolates, which turned out they gave them to us on the house! The room was amazing. I comfortable king size bed, tv, safe, robes, slippers all the things you would expect from a hotel of such a standard. The bathroom was massive. I would say I have stayed in hotels where the whole room was smaller than the bathroom we had in The Morrison. The only minor thing (and I say minor, its really just a spec of a thing) the TV was at a right angle to the bed, so watching the TV in bed at night wasn't all that comfortable and would be best suited in front of the bed. However, the room did have a massive panoramic window in front of the bed, so they would have had to bolt it to the ceiling at an angle. Like I said a minor thing but really isn't anything against the room or the hotel! The staff, from the maids to the bar/restaurant staff to the front desk staff. All were a delight, friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure you had a good stay. They booked our taxi's, recommended restaurants (we went to The Church - amazing), sights etc, you name it they helped! I would highly recommend this hotel and if I head back to Dublin, will most definitely look at staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Polish1610,

Thank you most kindly for your very nice review of The Morrison Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel staff to be helpful with your queries, recommendations and directions. We strive to give excellent customer service and I am glad this was extended to you and your partner.

I was also happy to see that we were able to help with organising some drinks and chocolates in the room for your partners birthday, I do hope you both had a great celebration with us.

Thanks again for your reviw and we look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future,

Kindest Regards,

Marion O Connor
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Clean, unique, modern, well maintained, courteous staff and primo location. Judging by the other reviews, it also sounds consistent in its quality. Restaurant breakfast was surprisingly tasty for a hotel restaurant, with a focus on locally sourced ingredients and a large screen showing a cooking show (that's a first!). Great value for the price. What more could you want?

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo