“Good location, good service and nice and clean”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Orlando
“Good location, good service and nice and clean”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night upon our arrival into Dublin. We didn't have much time to spend in the city, so we needed something convenient to be able to see as much as possible. This hotel has just such a location. Here's a tip, an easy walk to Temple Bar is good, but staying in Temple Bar can be very noisy. This hotel is close, but still far away enough to be able to sleep at night. Rooms are clean and modern. Restaurant is actually quiet good and the breakfast buffet is very good. The hotel is reasonably priced and the staff was very courteous and helpful. One of the better hotels I have stayed at in Ireland. Even though it is a Hilton Brand, it seems unique and like a boutique. You get the comfort of the Hilton brand, but not the boxy Americanized feel you don't want.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Floridagator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights as part of a reunion of friends and was really blown away. While the location is superb - right on the Quays just across from Temple Bar and next to the Millennium Bridge - what really impressed me was the service. No matter where you turned: the front desk, the Quay 14 bar, the breakfast room, the room staff, service was BEYOND friendly. Simply unbelieveable (and I've stayed in many great hotels). Kudos to the staff and to their management for reaching such an impeccable level. Rooms were nice. I did face the interior and not the river but was still very pleased. There is a car park nearby with a preferred hotel rate of 12 Euro/day. Room rates were not low but Dublin is an expensive city and so I guess you need to pay if you want to be in the very center. I've already mentioned proximity to Temple Bar but the hotel is also only a short walking distance from all the Dublin attractions: Trinity College, the Cathedral, Grafton Street, Parnell and Henry Streets (shopping), Dublin Castle, Jameson and more. Hope I get back to Dublin. I know where I'll stay. Oh - and the welcome cookie was GREAT!!!!!

Room Tip: River view is the most appealing. Fourth floor for HHonors members.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PharmaTraveller
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear PharmaTraveller,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience in the Morrison Hotel. We greatly appreciate the time it takes to post a review and it was truly a pleasure to read.

I have passed on you kind comments to our team here as I know they appreciate the positive feedback, as a team we strive for excellent customer service and I am delighted this was extended to you throughout your stay. I was also happy to see that our location was convenient for your needs, we are very lucky to be so centrally located and within walking distance of almost all of Dublin's attractions.
And last but not least I was glad that you enjoyed your Doubletree cookie on arrival! A little perk of staying at Doubletree!

Thanks again and I hope you and your colleagues enjoyed your reunion,

San Diego
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is about this best spot you will find to be close to everything for tourists or business. The rooms are large and clean. As noted from others, a warm cookie upon arrival :-) The Morrison is quite modern with light decor and room lighting in pink or purple. The beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are large with great linens. You will hear a bit of street noise, but it did not bother our sleep. Request a higher floor room, 3 or above. They have a nice breakfast buffet or continental menu, for dining. The walking bridge out front will take you right over to the Temple bar area for shopping, nightlife and tourist attractions. This is a nice hotel in a central location, near bus depot for tours as well. Very efficient and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DMHappyTravel
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I would say this hotel is fabulous, may not look impressive from outside but it surprised us when we step in to the hotel. there are poems on the room's wall as well. It is newly renovated. Mum loves it here and we stayed in the junior suite with the view of the river. Location wise it's in a strategic place, just one street away from jervis luas stop station, and henry street shopping area. Mum was so pleased as she didn't have to walk far and also it's just 10 mins walk to Grafton street. The service in the hotel was very good, the housekeeping staff was very good in their job, accidentally left some cash but they didn't take it. we are so grateful for that!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Emma S,

Thanks so much for your review of the Morrison Hotel, It was a pleasure to read.

I was especially happy to read that you and your mother enjoyed the location and it was convenient for your needs. It was also nice to read that you found the service to be good and the housekeeping team were able to return the money you had left behind.

I do hope we will see you again in the near future,

Cork - Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I expected more....was looking forward to staying at the Morrison, Dublin this past weekend (20th-22nd RM314). Had heard great things about it. Let me first start by saying this is a good hotel. It has the most amazing location in central Dublin within walking distance to all Dublin has to offer. So for tourists visiting who want to be in the thick of it, but in a pretty quiet location then this is the place.
The hotel has been newly refurbished (Feb 2013) and is modern in design and decor. I liked the design.
Breakfast is good. Especially the option to select from a menu also. Good selection. Nice room. But strangely laid out. TV not view-able from the bed.
Excellent Wi-Fi - very fast and easy to connect. Bathroom very large. No separate shower. Large bath/shower combo.
The reason for my lower than usual rating has to do with room maintenance and more especially the response from the hotel on check-out. Balcony door which was a feature of the Delux room was locked and the balcony itself was not in great condition with lots of pebbles visibly around it. View was of a derelict building. However, the bigger issue was that the bed in the room was not suitable. The whole frame was creaking. One tiny move on the bed had it creaking and this was no small, quiet creak. It kept us awake. So a basic of any hotel is a good bed. Nothing else matters more. In this case the bed wasn’t good. I'm sure the beds are comfortable. Very large and very good bedding linens but the creaking made the bed feel like I was in one of those put-you-up beds.
I called down early on the first morning to let them know about the bed and ask for maintenance to check it out. Front desk said they would. When we came back the room had been serviced. No note or message left re the bed though. Checked the bed and it was still making noise. As we only had one night left and we were going out for something to eat, I decided not to say anything further about it. Then at checkout I expected something to be said to me about it but nothing. So after I paid my bill I mentioned it to the lady at check-out. I wished I hadn’t. I felt like a fool. She challenged me on it. Said the bed was fine and that they have the same beds in every room. She told me she had checked it herself with housekeeping and there was no issue.
I explained that it was creaking. It meant a bad night’s sleep. She repeated that could find nothing wrong with it and at this stage she was talking very loudly and had an arguing tone. I decided not to rise to it and just thanked her. I was fuming. Many of the people standing by head her as did my travel companion sitting in the seating area a bit away. It was just so unprofessional. I felt I was being told I was lying about the bed. Just not good enough and as a HiltonHonors member I felt even more annoyed about it. Left a bad impression on me which is a pity as I travel to Dublin regularly and would have liked to continue to use this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank i-love-ayia-napa
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Great location. Lovely hotel and certainly a homely feel with the staff so very friendly. Especially the Irish bar staff. The Morrison Grill had a great range of food and exceptional quality. I'll definitely be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank C D
Dear C D,

Thanks so much for posting a review about your experience at The Morrison Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found the staff to be especially friendly and helpful, I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all involved, in particular the bar staff and the chefs in Morrison Grill.

I hope to welcome you back very soon,

Kindest Regards,

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The arrival experience at Morrison was above expactations, as we were greeted with hot homemade delicious chocolate brownies. When arriving to our room, we found ourselves in a Very spacious room with Great design. I Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Bruno S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review about the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you received a warm welcome from our reception team and that you enjoyed your complimentary Doubletree Cookie on arrival. In case you didn't know and you are returning to us in the future our guests can enjoy warm cookies anytime throughout their stay!

Look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again,