The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Melbourne, Florida
“Great!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Just great! Very modern and comfortable rooms. Great location on the north bank and a 2 minute walk to temple bar district. Friendly staff. Great breakfast buffet. Didn't eat at the Morrison grille restaurant for dinner so I can't comment on that. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ajwick737

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Polish first
Galveston, Texas, USA
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Wonderful location close to major sites but quiet. We walked everywhere. Large rooms with modern look, comfortable bed, plenty of nice towels and toiletries. Robes in room. All staff were very nice and front desk greeted us warmly when we arrived and gave good recommendation for lunch restaurant. Breakfast very good with lots of variety. We had choice of buffet or could order from menu. Nice hotel bar next to lobby. It is just across the River Liffey from the Temple Bar area, but not noisy and crowded like Temple. Several good restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Our room faced a building with a courtyard in between and was quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Bay2,

Thank you for your lovley review of The Morrison Hotel, it was a pleasure to read.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found, in particular, the staff to be friendly and the location to be convenient for your needs. Thank you for also mentioning that you enjoyed your breakfast in our Halo restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future,

Kindest Regards,

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Morrison for 8 nights on a recent trip to Dublin. We had a wonderful stay. Although it is part of the Doubletree chain, the hotel reminded me of a boutique hotel.

Room:
The stylings were sleek and modern and the room was very clean. The room was a nice size by European standards. We had a king bed, which was very comfortable. The shower was always hot. The room had air-conditioning. Ours did not work right one of the days, but it was promptly fixed after we brought it to the staff's attention. We did not have any issues with noise and felt the room was fairly quiet.

Location:
This is a perfect location for seeing the sights of Dublin. It is directly across the river from the Temple bar area. It is also an easy walk to the Jameson Distillery, St. Patricks's Cathedral, or Trinity college.

Service:
Everyone we interacted with at the hotel was helpful and pleasant. I was especially impressed that housekeeping cleaned our room every day, even when we were only gone a couple of hours in the afternoon. We did not eat at the restaurant, but did have drinks in the bar. The bartender was very friendly and even made me a special cocktail.

We would definitely stay again at this hotel!

Tips: the leprechaun museum is a block away but I would not recommend this for anyone other than families with younger children. The hotel has 24 hr room service and the room has a mini bar. If you are looking for a cheap late night snack, there is a papa john's right across the river in temple bar.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival staff were very friendly & extremely helpful & informed us we had been upgraded to a deluxe room. While appreciative of the "upgrade" I'm not quite sure what the difference could have been. The view from room 212 is what looks like an abandoned building. But we didn't book it for its views. We stayed here 2 nights and the location was great but did get a little noisy when the bars emptied out. The hotel has a boutique feel to it & is very clean. I was very happy with the hotel, staff but the bed & pillows in my opinion were not very comfortable. All in all great hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsaymc
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here recently during a business trip and wish I could have been here more that 1 night.

Everything about the hotel was fantastic. The room was of a good size, super clean and had a bed you never want to get out of. The room had a modern decor with clever little lighting tricks which added that extra bit of wow. As I mentioned before - I was only here for one night and was literally there from 10pm - 8am.....so can't really do a full review. BUT I can say that if you are considering staying here - then DO IT - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear UKGUYSW9,

Thank you most kindly for posing a review about your stay with us, albeit a short one!

I was delighted that the hotel made a good and lasting impression and that you enjoyed the modern decor of our guest rooms and that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, in particular the beds.

I hope we can welcome you back on a longer trip next time so you can enjoy the full Morrison experience,

Kindest Regards,

Orlando
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night upon our arrival into Dublin. We didn't have much time to spend in the city, so we needed something convenient to be able to see as much as possible. This hotel has just such a location. Here's a tip, an easy walk to Temple Bar is good, but staying in Temple Bar can be very noisy. This hotel is close, but still far away enough to be able to sleep at night. Rooms are clean and modern. Restaurant is actually quiet good and the breakfast buffet is very good. The hotel is reasonably priced and the staff was very courteous and helpful. One of the better hotels I have stayed at in Ireland. Even though it is a Hilton Brand, it seems unique and like a boutique. You get the comfort of the Hilton brand, but not the boxy Americanized feel you don't want.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Floridagator
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights as part of a reunion of friends and was really blown away. While the location is superb - right on the Quays just across from Temple Bar and next to the Millennium Bridge - what really impressed me was the service. No matter where you turned: the front desk, the Quay 14 bar, the breakfast room, the room staff, service was BEYOND friendly. Simply unbelieveable (and I've stayed in many great hotels). Kudos to the staff and to their management for reaching such an impeccable level. Rooms were nice. I did face the interior and not the river but was still very pleased. There is a car park nearby with a preferred hotel rate of 12 Euro/day. Room rates were not low but Dublin is an expensive city and so I guess you need to pay if you want to be in the very center. I've already mentioned proximity to Temple Bar but the hotel is also only a short walking distance from all the Dublin attractions: Trinity College, the Cathedral, Grafton Street, Parnell and Henry Streets (shopping), Dublin Castle, Jameson and more. Hope I get back to Dublin. I know where I'll stay. Oh - and the welcome cookie was GREAT!!!!!

Room Tip: River view is the most appealing. Fourth floor for HHonors members.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PharmaTraveller
Dear PharmaTraveller,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience in the Morrison Hotel. We greatly appreciate the time it takes to post a review and it was truly a pleasure to read.

I have passed on you kind comments to our team here as I know they appreciate the positive feedback, as a team we strive for excellent customer service and I am delighted this was extended to you throughout your stay. I was also happy to see that our location was convenient for your needs, we are very lucky to be so centrally located and within walking distance of almost all of Dublin's attractions.
And last but not least I was glad that you enjoyed your Doubletree cookie on arrival! A little perk of staying at Doubletree!

Thanks again and I hope you and your colleagues enjoyed your reunion,

Kind Regards,