“Awesome hotel”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We met here for lunch who where staying here, we ate at the bar at lunch on sunday.The morrison burger was great but our service was slow. The bartender seemed to be more interested in chatting with her friend at the end of the bar.
This is our only fault with the hotel, everyone we encountered where friendly. The duty manager that evening was extremely helpful with directions and information on how to get to the airport.
We decided to give the bar another try as our friends wanted to watch the soccer.
The 2 bartenders on duty where quite busy but made sure we got menu's but after our lunch earlier we only wanted appetisers.
I think one of the Bartenders called Garry recommended we have the steak skewers.
Boy did they hit the spot cooked to perfection, we decided to have a cocktail after a few minutes. The other bartender asked if he could help with our decision, he asked our spirit base but my wife wanted something sweet and me something with rum.
The 2 guys both made us cocktails which where amazing and all served with a little humour and a smile which was lacking from our first time in quay 14 this prevented us from giving a 5 star rating. Unfortunately we didn't stay but we would thoroughly recommend this hotel bar and a special thanks to the 2 guys in the bar who really gave us a great end to our final night in Dublin.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Coozy1970,

Thank you so much for your review of your experience in our Quay 14 bar.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your cocktails in the bar that evening and I will be sure to pass on your regards to the 2 bartenders on duty that evening. I will also pass on your compliments o our chefs as they will be happy to hear you liked their steak skewers in particular.

I would also like to take this opportunity to convey my apologies for the below par service on your first visit to the bar, I assure you this is not our usual high standard and will look into this further to ensure it was a once off incident, thank you for letting us know as guests feedback is our most valuable tool for continually improving our service and indeed to see where we fell short of excellent customer service.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the Morrison Hotel in the very near future and thank you again,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I booked the Morrison through booking.com for the Garth Brooks concerts in Dublin at the end of July. The rate I paid was non-refundable. However when I contacted the hotel after the concerts were cancelled they had no hesitation in refunding the payment.
I certainly intend to stay at the Morrison the next time I visit Dublin. I do not intend to purchase tickets for Garth Brooks ever again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at the Morrison for a concert in Dublin. Really enjoyable stay, on check in was given warmed cookies to enjoy in the room with a cup of tea which was a nice touch!! Location is perfect, walking distance from everywhere and just a few doors from the Jevis car park, the hotels affiliated car park. Didn't have evening meal here but did have breakfast the following morning and it was beautiful, loads of choice from the full Irish buffet, breads, meats cheeses and then a menu with made to order choices also, decor was stunning, very modern and clean, I would easily stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Aine O,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison, we appreciate your feedback as it is our most effective tool for continuously improving our service.

I was delighted to read that you particularly enjoyed our breakfast restaurant, Halo. We are very proud of our extensive offering at breakfast and the quality of the food, I will pass on your comments to our kitchen and Halo staff. I was also happy to see that you liked the new modern decor of the hotel since its refurb last year.

Thanks again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed one night in Dublin when we arrived and one night when before we departed London. The night we stayed upon arrival in Dublin was a blur as we were so jet lagged! The night we stayed before we returned to the USA was good with the exception of a 3 am wake up call by the fire alarm in the hotel. The location of this hotel is AWESOME!!!! The rooms were cool and the beds so comfy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were so glad we chose to stay at the Morrison. The location on the River Liffey, a short walk across the bridge to the 'action'. We arrived early and they were most accommodating about holding our luggage. They also didn't mind when we needed to access it a few hours later to get our rain gear. The warm cookies were also a delicious bonus. The breakfast was fresh and delicious - one of the best buffets we have had. The staff was friendly and accommodating - we especially appreciated the bartender, Mark, who gave us lots of good tips. Because of him, we always made sure to stop at the bar before and after each outing!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Debdono,

Thank you so much for your review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your feedback as it is the best tool we have for continuously improving our service and the hotel itself.

I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with choosing the Morrison for your stay and found the location to be convenient for your trips needs. A special thanks for mentioning our staff and that you found them to be helpful and friendly, I will be sure to pass on your comments as the team works very hard to deliver excellent customer service and they will be glad to know this was extended to you and appreciated.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel was nice and modern, with some great touches to the room like pink lighting and a built in chaise lounge. It was very comfortable and the location right across the Liffy from Temple Bar was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I've had to stay in and I travel a lot. Excellent service, very friendly, nothing too much trouble. Little touches like the cookie on check in are appreciated. Towels in the gents. Staff obliging. All very helpful. I'd stay again!

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Crazybiker69

Dear Crazybiker69,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your experience with us at The Morrison. We appreciate your feedback and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I am so glad that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful, we strive for excellent customer service and work very hard to convey this to our guests so I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon,