“A revamp that refreshes The Morrison...”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed many times when it was just The Morrison and it became my Dublin favourite due to its central location and sense of style.
Its refurb as a Doubletree has lost none of that style in the main areas ...indeed bringing the restaurant out to overlook the Liffey. The rooms are freshened up albeit the executive rooms are a little more sterile.
The prices have jumped though.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Neil61a
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Neil61a,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel, I was happy to see that you like the newly renovated Morrison hotel.

We would like to thank you for returning to us and we hope that The Morrison will become your hotel of choice in Dublin for future stays.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Morrison was the perfect hotel to stay in while in Dublin. The hotel main areas and room were both nice looking and clean. Breakfast buffet had a huge assortment of food and was perfect for starting a long day of sightseeing. Location was key - not too far of a walk from most sites to visit within Dublin and just a short walk over the bridge from Temple Bar, where we spent almost every night. If taking day tours, you can quickly walk to several of the bus meeting sites. We even ate in the steakhouse and the dinner was really good. Concierge services were okay, but not the greatest. We wanted to book several excursions and some of the staff weren't too familiar with the options available. Nevertheless, we were able to sign up for trips and everything worked out just fine.

Room Tip: I wouldn't say our view was picturesque (it was likely in the back of the hotel), but considerin...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jesswc779

Dear Jeswc779,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel, I was delighted that you found the location of the hotel to be convenient for your needs and I hope that you were able to visit all the sites you had interest in.

I am very sorry that you found the concierge service to be below par and assure you that I will look into this, in the meantime if you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at any time, I would be more than happy to listen to your feedback in order to improve our service.

Thanks again for your time and I hope we can welcome you back very soon,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Arrived on a Friday afternoon. Check in was friendly and went smoothly. The front desk staff were professional and helpful throughout my stay. This hotel is located perfectly for those who want to be in the thick of Dublin, which i wanted to be. Bring your walking shoes, there is much to do and see, ridiculous number of restaurants, pubs, shops, tattoo parlors, street musicians, outdoor markets, museums, etc., you cannot be bored in this city. The hotel restaurant was good and the service was excellent! I was in room 333 (a junior suite), see pictures, the room was modern, clean and comfortable. A few loud/drunk guests were in residence, clearly having way too much drink/fun at the Temple bar area which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel, literally across the street over the foot bridge and around the bend of the alley. Enjoyed walking through the old town, lots to see, eat, drink and buy. Dublin is a bustling city with its share of economic problems, but i did enjoy my stay. Check out went without a hitch, my cab was waiting as i requested and it took about 30 minutes to get to the airport. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WI036

Dear WI036,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I was also glad that you found our location to be convenient for your needs.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future and if you do choose to stay with us again please do not hesitate to call us and request an inner facing room to avoid any noise, we would be more than happy to assist.

Thanks again,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Morrison was a lovely hotel, very centrally located for our weekend stay in Dublin. The taxi is about 25 euro from the airport and we walked to all of our city-centre destinations from the hotel. It has been recently renovated and is very modern (not particularly my style of décor but I’m not moving in) - it is unarguably clean, room was bright and much larger compared to other Dublin hotels we have stayed in (we visit approx 3x per year).

They offered great value for the price we paid, and room amenities included robes, slippers, lovely Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries (including a separate conditioner, not some crappy 2-in-1 “conditioning shampoo”) coffee, tea, hot chocolate services, WiFi, golf umbrella (helpful in Dublin), good Air Conditioning, lovely warm cookies on arrival, and service with a smile. We checked in and out quickly with no issues.

I like to read the Poor and Terrible reviews as a reference, and it seems like those reviewers either (1) didn’t look at the pictures of the hotel to see the décor (and must all be budding interior designers) or (2) thought they were checking into the Ritz Carlton (and were miffed when their private butler didn’t show up). Get some perspective people, everyone sounds so uptight even while on vacation!

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Dublin.
We did not use any of their dining facilities so cannot comment on those.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gl0beTr0tter82
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a break to Dublin with the aim of proposing to my other half and the staff at the Morrison certainly did all they could to make it an extra special occasion. From upgrading the room, to the cookies when we arrived, the room being ready early doors and the Prosecco for when she said "yes" too - nothing was too much trouble so thankyou guys. The hotel itself is in a great location for Temple Bar, we didn't have any trouble with noise and if you like your decor sleek & stylish, this is well worth a look! The room was spacious with a very comfy bed, clean, although there were just a couple of areas around the bath and shower that could have done with a little extra sprucing up, but all in all, it helped form part of a truly memorable trip.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Peteedge1,

Thank you so much for your review of the Morrison Hotel. I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and from all the team here we would like to Congratulate you and your fiance and wish you all the very best for the future.

Hopefully we can welcome you back very soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very pleased with our stay at The Morrison. Went with my partner and we had an amazing time in Dublin. We had decided to spend a little more money on the accomodation and didn't regret it at all! Staff were great, and we'll definitely stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear SteveM,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us, I am delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your time in Dublin, our central location hopefully meant it was convenient for you to see all the sights you had planned to see during your trip.

Thank you for mentioning that you found the staff to be great and that you would consider staying with us again, that is the highest compliment for us so thanks.

We look forward to welcoming you bath back to us very soon,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had the most wonderful experience at the Morrison Hotel! From the time we arrived to the time we checked out, the staff was pleasant, helpful, and friendly. We arrived early, but were able to get to our room after only an hour wait. The location makes it easy to walk to everything in Dublin.
We also enjoyed the dinner we had one night. My husband loved the lamb shank pie!
If you want to relax after dinner, I strongly recommend spending some time at the bar. The drink selection is extensive. The bar staff is friendly and quite amusing.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I need a quiet room, so we were given a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 1Chris_R25,

Thank you most kindly for your review of the Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us, it was truly a pleasure to read and I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us.

I was particularly happy to read that you and your husband enjoyed your meal in the Morrison Grill restaurant and were able to relax and enjoy our extensive drinks and cocktail menu in Quay 14 after. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and thank you again,