“Great Experience, just wish is was longer!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Wicklow, Ireland
“Great Experience, just wish is was longer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed in the Morrison recenting for the 1st time since it was refurbised. Absolutely loved every aspect of the new decor. The check in was flawless, the staff on reception were efficient and friendly and of course the cookie on check in was delightful. We were upgraded to a junior suite and the detail in the rooms is fantastic. Both the room and bathroom were extremely spacious for a city centre hotel. We had drinks in the evening and service was fantastic. When we returned from our night out we were looked after by Papa the Night Manager and Kaviraj. We ordered room service and this was delivered promptly and with a smile. The checkout was smooth and we were offered a cold bottle of water each to take away with us, which was a lovely touch. Overall a great experience and would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mead0
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Mead0,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we appreciate your feedback.

I was glad to read that you like the new decor of the hotel and that you enjoyed some drinks in our Quay 14 bar. I was especially happy to read that you found the service from reception to the bar to be friendly and helpful. We strive to give the best of customer service to all our guests and am delighted this was conveyed to you.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to welcome you back to The Morrison very soon,

Marion O Connor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

All I can say is I am extremely pleased with the service I received and if ever I am back in Dublin, this will be the only place I will reside. Customer service is 100% as well as the quality of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Ryan T
MarionOC13, Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Ryan T,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your stay in the Morrison, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to us very soon.

Kind regards,

Jane Bridge
Rooms Division Manager
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Upon arrival DEAN was expecting us! Although we were early he worked on our behalf to get us into a fantastic room in which we stayed for 3 nights! Dean, with your good Irish care we will recommend this hotel to all of our friends and family worldwide! We hope the company gives you your own hotel to manage, so one day you can teach all of your employees, how to be the best at customer service possible. Dean is fulfilling Conrad Hilton's aim, " to be of the highest quality service possible". Wish there was a 10 to rate our experience! ( Iona at breakfast and Gavin at check out preformed there service and cared for us above and beyond our expectations!)

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Sachajohn
Dear SachaJohn,

Thank you so much for your very nice review of The Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us, it was truly a pleasure to read.

I have passed on your thanks to Dean who appreciated it very much, so thank you for that. I was delighted to read that you found the customer service to be friendly and helpful, this is what we strive for on a daily basis so was very happy to see this was conveyed to you.

Thank again and we hope to welcome you all back to us very soon,

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this hotel. While the style has changed from colors of white and brown to a more modern white with bright color accents, the service has thankfully not changed. The front desk and restaurant staff are extremely helpful to their guests. This hotel is close to so many things to do! If you walk across the bridge you are right in temple bar. Beyond that up to a 20 min walk will take u just about everywhere.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NatTuck
Dear Nat Tuck,

Thank you so much for your kind review of the Morrison Hotel. We are delighted that, firstly you have returned to us for a third time and secondly that you enjoyed the new decor of the hotel.

Thank you for mentioning the service levels offered to our guests by the staff, I will be sure to pass on your kind words as I know they will appreciate them.

We hope to see you again very soon,

County Louth, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed there for one night, couldn't fault the place.. Staff very nice, food beautiful.. would definitely stay again..Close to a lot of amenities. In City Center but room very quiet. Lovely decor. Ideal for a city get away, very classy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marianne H
Cannock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We arrived for a 2 night stay, checked in by Diana and given a cookie, which was lovely and off to room 222 we went. When I booked the room I requested a high floor away from lifts as I normally do, on stepping out of the lift I clocked our room straight away. I know these requests aren't guaranteed but I was flat. The room was an accessible room I think you would call it so it was a large bathroom with a shallow bath. This room wasn't working for me. I went back to reception and explained and Diana moved us to a hilton honours room 418. Which was smaller than the initial room however in a quite corner on the 4th floor. Breakfast on the 1st morning was a no ketchup disaster for me, it was an hour before breakfast was due to finish and there was no ketchup, what!?!? Also they took 15 mins to cook a fried egg because the kitchen was busy. There was probably about 8 people in the whole restaurant, so my husband sent it back as he'd finished his breakfast by the time it came. The waitress was apologetic but there was no sincerity. Why not just have the fried eggs out like any other hotel? And 2 requests to get coffee before it finally came. Didn't sleep brilliantly at the hotel as there were people in the corridors at 2am making noise. The positives and there are some, the hotel is in a good location right on the river, the lobby is light and modern and Diana on reception saved the day by moving our room, the breakfast moans are only niggles but when your paying for these things you expect to get them. If I got a good enough deal I would go again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Vermula,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to see that some aspects of your stay were underwhelming and for that I do apologize.

Regarding breakfast, I assure you that your experience is not our usual high standard of customer service and I am so sorry we fell short on this occasion for you. Rest assured I am looking into why there was a delay and also why there was no ketchup available to you. I hope this did not taint your experience too much.
As for your room, I am sorry that your room was not what you had requested, we endeavour to complete requests as much as possible and I will look into why this was not the case for you on the first instance, I am delighted, however, that Diana was able to assist you in getting the room type that you had requested and hope that you enjoyed the room and its amenities.

I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon and please feel free to contact me directly if you are planning a trip to Dublin so that I may personally look after your reservation,

Thank you again for your feedback, it is much appreciated,

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely drinks & lunch here for our wedding anniversary ! Lovely friendly professional staff. Excellent cocktails. Food is 'different' & served in a unique way. We had the prawn cocktail & ribs starter both delicious & fillet steak & burger main courses. The red house wine was delicious & the dry rose I chose was also very good. Will definitely return

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple