“Good but no breakfast”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just few metres from City centre shops, lake away from the famous Temple bars. And good place to take good sleep. But no breakfast offered as part of the stay. We should pay for the breakfast which is more than 15 Euros.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Muthu S
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Mathu s,

Thank you for your reviw of the Morrison Hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you had a nice, quiet sleep.

Regarding the breakfast, we sell both room only and Bed & Breakfast options, your particular reservation was booked as room only and this is why breakfast was not included. However, if you are planning a trip back to us please note that breakfast at the discounted rate of €15.00 may be added to your reservation at check in.

Kindest Regards and thanks again,

Marion O Connor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,540)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I stayed in "a room with a view" - i.e over the Liffey and Temple Bar. I had expected a more spacious room, but that is my only "complaint". The Morrison is centrally located, it's recently refurbished, the staff is very friendly and the breakfast is great - what more can you ask for?
Next time in Dublin - we'll stay at The Morrison.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem more spacious than other double rooms, so if you can do without the view…
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lassee 1747,

Thank you for your review following your recent review of the Morrison Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly. I am sorry that the room was not what you expected but should you wish to return please do not hesitate to contact me so that I may assist in choosing a room more suitable to your needs. We have Deluxe rooms which may be more suitable for you.

Thank you again for your review, we appreciate your feedback,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I had expected this hotel to be average, but it exceeded my expectations in all ways. The decor, service and staff were 5 star. The lounge was a fantastic place to meet friends before dinner or have a late night cocktail, and the breakfast buffet was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Freakquentflyer,

Thank you so much for your review of the Morrison, we appreciate your time.

I was happy to read that the hotel exceeded your expectations and as 4* hotel, to be described as a 5* is the highest compliment so thank you for that. I will pass on your review to the team as I am sure they will be delighted.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Staff very friendly, however could have known the local area/amenities better. Really enjoyed our stay, particularly the helpfulness (and free cookie!) during check-in. Did not eat in the hotel but the restaurant seemed busy and staff were trained for busy periods. Very pleased with our stay and would return :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MarionOC13, Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear JennaF92,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your stay in the Morrison, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, the hotel facilities and the levels of service. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to us very soon.

Kind regards,

Jane Bridge
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Weekend away with the wife and would definately return to this fantastic hotel. Rooms are spacious, clean and have everything you need (Even an umbrella in the wardrobe in case of rain, (very thoughtful!) Food was great both for an afternoon snack and breakfast had lots of variety. Location great and last but not least, the staff did everything with a smile.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter M,

Thank you most kindly for your review of the Morrison following your stay with us, we appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular that you enjoyed the room and its amenities. We aim to make our guests feel at home and so we try to provide any amenities which we think may help with this, like the umbrella as we all know it rains a bit here!
Thanks for also mentioning that the staff were friendly, this is exactly what we strive for every day so we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked this as a birthday surprise for my partner. We loved it. Nice sized room which was comfortable.
Hotel is well located to everything in Dublin. Temple bar 3mins walk. Don't feel to bad if you don't leave the hotel as the bar is very nice and comfortable with a great selection of Craft beers, gin's and whiskey selection.
Staff at check in, check out and at the bar were brilliant, made feel at home from the min we got there to the moment we left.
My only tiny gripe was room cleaners knocking at the door at 9:45am to clean the room, so our very rare (we have two kids) lie in was cut short.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Justin L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your stay in the Morrison, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. I am delighted that you chose our hotel to celebrate your partner's birthday. Thanks for your kind comments on the location of the hotel, our staff and the products and atmosphere in Quay 14, the hotel bar. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Kind regards,

Jane Bridge
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel staff made a lot of fuss on arrival (cookie etc- which I really didn't want. The dinner snack was very poor and really over-pricede for what I got. I also felt that I was being rushed and the location of dining at the street entrance location was not conducive to eating - people arriving to book-in had to walk through this location. Also the front door was locked when I wanted to leave hotel and had to go to side entrance. All-in-all mostly fuss with little substance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Martin M,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you were underwhelmed by some aspects of your stay.

The warm Doubletree cookie is a core brand standard of Doubletree hotels across the world and as per most tripadvisor reviews, it is generally well received. We also offer complimentary apples as a healthier option should you prefer.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your meal in our Morrison Grill, had we known of any issue our team would have worked to resolve it immediately for you, our restaurant is a essentially a grill and so has a very informal atmosphere, which again is generally well received , but I am sorry it was not what you were expecting.

I would be delighted to discuss any of the above further should you so wish,

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon and hopefully change your views of the Morrison,