“Modern and New!”

The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stay at The Morrison regularly for work and it is my most favourite hotel to stay in in Dublin. The rooms are super modern with pink mood lighting and cool song lyrics written on the wall. I love the bathrooms and the showers are great. The location of this hotel is good if you need to walk to temple bar or grafton street area. Breakfast is great, the sausages are to die for! There's loads of fresh breads/pastries, fruit salad and all the hot cooked favourites. The staff at the hotel will do anything to help. I love staying here every time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
MarionOC13, Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Babymcg,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your recent stay at The Morrison, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. It is always wonderful to receive such positive feedback and I will ensure that this is communicated to all of the staff concerned. Should you plan to return to Dublin at any point please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to personally look after you.

Warm regards,

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,594)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

My usual hotels in Dublin were fully booked or crazy expensive on my latest visit so I looked for something new. I found The Morrison which is located just across the Liffey from Temple Bar. The hotel has great access to Henry Street, Temple Bar, O'Connell Street, Dublin Castle and Trinity College and a is just a short walk to Grafton Street. The hotel is nicely done in a modern style. Rooms are fairly large, though the sizes vary, and they are reasonably priced. Since I had two separate stays in one week I saw two rooms and both were similar - most importantly clean and quiet. Zero complaints about the accommodations. The hotel has a large bar and lounge area, lots of lobby seating and a good restaurant. Some of the front desk staff is great, some of them a little arrogant but overall as good as anyone else.

While I found the location to be great with lots of shopping and services very close, I was told by some locals that the area isn't the safest after dark. While the shops on this side of the Liffey do close at night there seemed to be plenty of foot traffic in the area from 'regular' people on every week night. Temple Bar is literally 150 yards away and sees plenty of crowds and Garda in the area. I didn't have any concerns at all and, though I'm not a local, I've spent more than my share of time in this general area.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are extra large.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Texmin,

Thank you for your very kind feedback following your recent stay at The Morrison, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed our accommodation, bar and lounge areas and location. Hopefully this will now be your hotel of choice should you return to the city!! Indeed for any future accommodation requirements I will be more than happy to personally assist and please feel free to contact me directly if I can help.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Small hot noisy rooms. Spent over two hours waiting in a stifling room while a technician tried to fix air con. Food pretty terrible. Bad breakfast. Way overpriced and charged a child adult prices. Won't be back.

Room Tip: I'm a Dublin native and there are much better deals to be had. This place is all smoke & mir...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Amandap186605

Dear Amandap,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to the Morrison, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. Please accept my apologises that you experienced some issues during your stay. I would be very keen to discuss this further. My e-mail address is jbridge@morrisonhotel.ie - please get in touch. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns and issues in detail. I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay, nothing negative to report. Very modern, chic rooms. Best bed we stay in all week traveling around Ireland. Amazing breakfast spread. Staff was wonderful. Great location in the city!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren M
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Lauren M,

Many thanks for your kind review of the Morrison Hotel following your stay with us. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your trip to Dublin and that you found the location to be convenient for your needs. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfy bed and our breakfast offering.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not so distant future,

Kindest Regards and thanks again,

Marion O Connor

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great food, spotlessly clean everywhere in the premises, friendly staff & all the main attractions within 20 minutes casual walk. It will definetily become our prefered choice whenever in Dublin. If your going for a weekend take note of local events, we found some cool local markets.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Martin L

Dear Martin L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your recent visit to The Morrison, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. I am delighted that you had a great time with us and thank you for your lovely comments regarding our staff and the overall cleanliness levels in the hotel. Should you have an occasion to visit the city again please feel free to contact me directly. I would be delighted to personally assist.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very very comfortable bed in a large and well-equipped room (e.g., coffee/tea pot, lightd closet safe). But, the room was a little TOO modern - - way to many fancy controls to figure out! I especially hated the shower controls - - no way to turn it on without getting water all over the floor. Also, I never could connect to their wifi (so it's a good thing it was free!). Excellent (expensive) breakfast. Once if was on, the shower was great, very large. The hotel is just across the river from most of the typical tourist destinations.

Room Tip: I didn't have a view of the river, but I'm pretty sure that some of the rooms have a view of...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sandy H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Morrison following your recent stay with us, we appreciate your feedback as it is our best tool in continually improving our service.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us overall, with regards to the guest rooms, following our full refurbishment in 2013 all our guest rooms have been updated, I am sorry that you found some elements of the room difficult to use, if you are ever returning to us please do not hesitate to contact any member of our staff who would be more than happy to show you to your room and show you how everything works. Apart from that, I was happy to read that you found the beds comfortable and that the location was convenient for you.

I would like to thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not so distant future,

Kindest Regards,

Marion O Connor

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The Morrison is just over the river from the Temple Bar area and very close to the city center. From here, you can walk to many attractions. Rooms are awesome. Clean, and quiet. This is a very good value.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BillF,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your recent visit to The Morrison, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. I am thrilled that you had such a great time with us and thank you for your kind comments about our bedrooms. Should you plan to return to Dublin at any point I will be more than happy to personally help.