2,904 results
All reviews across the river warm cookies temple bar great location double tree river view modern hotel junior suite within walking distance trinity college excellent hotel would definitely stay here again dublin castle street noise central location guinness storehouse would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We had such a great time at The Morrison! It's a beautiful, centrally located hotel with clean, comfortable rooms and the nicest, friendliest staff. And what we affectionately called disco lighting (glowing pink lights from the end tables and entryway) . . . so cool! Coming in from the airport, we were speaking with the taxi driver about the sites we wanted to see while we were in Dublin. At the top of our list was Kilmainham Gaol and we were disappointed to hear that reservations were required (of course, we hadn't made any and only had a few days in Dublin). When we arrived at the hotel, we mentioned this to lovely Rachelle who immediately got on her computer and got us tickets for later in the day (she gave us maps to the jail and directions on how to use the tram to get there, too). We also had the pleasure of dealing with fun, friendly Darren who helped us so much with mailing off a package. Truly, everyone at The Morrison went out of their way to make our stay memorable. We would recommend the hotel to everyone and we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room on a higher floor. There was a loud wedding party in the bar below our room one night that was quite noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
CHGRM, Assistant General Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback following on from your recent stay.

Its great that we seem to have met and exceeded your expectations with almost every facet of the stay. My colleagues will be delighted that they could assist in making your stay a memorable one. Rachelle and Darren in particular will be chuffed with your lovely comments.

Thank you for such a generous and glowing review.

Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 9 days just recently on vacation (love Dublin and Ireland). I am a Hilton Diamond member, so stay at way too many Hilton properties. This is one of the Hilton properties that is a pleasure to stay in and is highly recommended. The current decor is fresh, modern and comfortable. Check in was fast and pleasant and we were allowed to get into our king river view room early. The room was ample in size for European standards and was very clean and tidy. The bathroom was also spotless, well-stocked and relatively large. Our room was VERY quiet at night even though our window overlooked a busy street and the river. For those who have to have some fan noise and a cool room at night (like me), the air conditioning was effective and kept the room very comfortable - you could adjust the fan for very little or more noise as desired. The property is about as ideally located as you can find in Dublin - O'Connell Street is just a couple of blocks away, there is a shopping mall for travel needs a block away, and all the major city sights (museums, Temple Bar area, excellent restaurants) are an easy walk from this hotel. There are 3-4 bridges across the Liffey very close including one half a block away. I was very impressed with the service in the hotel - very pleasant, well-informed, and efficient. A special thumbs up to the bartending staff (one was a middle-aged Irish gentleman who was very funny and helpful - beard and mustache - he worked in the evenings while we were there - terrific). The breakfast was generally well-prepared with a buffet (or menu choices if you want something else). The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating and the manager (relatively tall blonde lady of, I think, eastern European background) was especially attentive and friendly. We did eat dinner in the hotel once and the food was very good and of high quality. I also had the Morrison Ice Cream Sunday (specialty there) at the urging of the bartender - really good. The concierge made every attempt to be helpful but was somewhat hard to understand at times (non-Irish - many of the staff are non-Irish - very international staff which is great). He made good restaurant and attraction recommendations and was very professional.Overall, this hotel is definitely at the high end of the Hilton properties and I would gladly stay there again without hesitation. Excellent.

Room Tip: River view rooms let you look directly at the Liffey and across to the south towards the Temple bar area.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
CHGRM, Assistant General Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Its great that we seem to have met and exceeded your expectations with almost every facet of the stay. My colleagues, Aneta and Gary in particular will be delighted that they could assist in making your stay a memorable one.

Knowing you would stay with us again is the highest compliment we could receive so thank you for this. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel has been totally revamped in recent years to now have all things cool. Neat painting on walls, slogans projected on walls, lots of charging stations in the rooms, the latest in plumbing fixtures, fun bar scene. Hotel rooms are quiet however. Great location across the Liffey from Temple Bar. Bar and restaurant on ground floor, which may be convenient, but we didn’t find it very appealing - too many other options nearby. If you are driving, they offer discounted parking in a garage 1 block away (although it can be full on busy periods and then ???). More expensive than other Dublin Hilton properties which I guess covers the cool stuff. Would stay here again for its convenience and great facilities.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HoustonRobert

Dear Guest,

Knowing you would stay with us again is the best compliment we could receive, thank you for this. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Very good hotel. Nice rooms with excellent beds. Nice staff. Breakfast supervisor remembered next day how we drank our coffee. Little cold in public areas and specific part of breakfast room. Life music in the bar was too loud.. (or maybe we're just too old..). Purple interior design is not everyone's taste. Funny thing is that hotel has been refurbished not too long ago, but lots of previous dated interior parts had to stay (funny tables in breakfast room).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Leon D

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review and I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stay at The Morrison.

I'm delighted that our location worked well for you, we are very lucky to be right in the heart of Dublin. I noticed that there was some items that didn't quite hit the mark, in particular I am sorry that there was some parts of the hotel a little chilly and that the music was too loud in the bar.

We hope your travels will bring you back to Dublin, and The Morrison, very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This was my second stay at the Morrison this year, and I was very satisfied. The staff is friendly, the hotel/rooms are nice and clean, and the location is EXCELLENT.

The beds are still quite firm, so keep that in mind.

Just on the north side of the River, it's 2 blocks from the Temple Bar district. Feel like a movie? The cineplex is about 4 blocks north. You can get to just about anything you would want, in under a 10 minute walk.

Overall, I was very please (again) with my stay at the Morrison and will continue to stay here for my work trips.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent stays at The Morrison.

The team here take great pride in knowing that our valued guests had a great time in the hotel! I'm delighted that you all enjoyed the different aspects of the hotel.

Thank you for your continued patronage and I hope we can welcome you back to us again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,