River House Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Clarence(Dublin)
Blooms Hotel(Dublin)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Manager was lovely and the receptionist too, the night porter (male) was rude and unhelpful, heating in our room wouldn't go on and continuously asked if we had messed about with radiator knobs... Ehm no we didn't but your staff did and we had no heating for 3 days, no discount offered and by time we were offered another room it was too late as leaving next again morning. Breakfast food was lovely, breakfast staff were very nice, hotel was being refurbished and pleasant enough.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just came back, after stayed for 4 nights at The Riverhouse hotel in Dublin. This Little 2 star hotel has a great location if youre Going to discover the Temple bar area, and also close to Grafton street and City centre. Bus 747 from the airport stops near the hotel.
The Hotel was old-fashioned, but clean all over, the staff was nice, friendly and helpfull. My room was a single room, and had all I needed, A bed, a Shower and breakfast. The room was clean, the bed good and the room warm and cozy. If I Had wanted a luxury suite, I would have taken a 5 star hotel instead. The breakfast was good with fresh made Irish or Continental breakfast at your choice, coffee, tea toast and marmelade.
Siturated in the midddle of the Temple Bar district, only a few houses away from Temple Bar Pub, makes the evenings somewhat noisy.
But cheap 2-star hotel, with a fabulos location, a warm bed to sleep in, a warm shower and good breakfast. if this is what youre looking for, the Riverhouse is absoloutly worth looking for

Room Tip: If you are against noise from the street, try to avoid the bach of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

As Dublin has the Oldest Pub the smallest Pub THIS hotel certainly classifies as the WORST Hotel in Dublin.Everything from TV remote to intercom to the flush of the Toilet was broken.Noise rooms drunk and loud people in the hallway. Something the hotel does not mention. Dirty as hell. I would NOT recommend this hotel to ANYONE.

Room Tip: This Hotel needs a SERIOUS makeover to give it that Hotel feel and not a slum feel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Despite poor reviews,we chose this on the basis of location (for partying in Dublin), and price (cheap). It doesn't turn out to be good value when the hotel tries to charge you DOUBLE when checking out!!! This, in my opinion, was the hotel trying to chance their arm as there was a change to the original booking with a night being cancelled. Am writing this review because I am Irish and I DREAD to think what they might do to tourists who might not have good English or might get confused about what they originally booked. The reason I fear that people could be SCAMMED?? When I asked the lady to show us the page we signed when we checked in that had the CORRECT price on it, she simply would not do this. She telephoned a staff member and threatened them with having to pay the difference. Nice, very nice. I wouldn't have bothered reviewing this dump if she hadn't left such a bad taste with this behaviour. I haven't even gotten to the hotel's quality (or lack of) ...I think this might be covered in the other reviews ;) Just avoid!!!!!! Even if it looks cheap, do you want to be wrongly charged double on checking out?? The woman was also rude on checking in...go figure?!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank reviewnastydump
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Absolutely disgusting, the first room we were shown to was on the top floor, 4 flights of stairs with no lift and no offer of help with luggage. It was filthy, rotten windows, broken furniture, scabby wall with a poor paint job, and poor fixtures. We immediately went to reception and demanded a different room, this was also totally unacceptable same problems as the previous room and a chair with the covering hanging off. I don't know where the pictures on the hotel website came from but apart from the frontage none of them were from here. Again off we trotted to reception to demand our money back as this hotel had been blatantly missold. The receptionist stated this was not possible as we had booked via a site and would need to take it up with them. She did however take contact details and stated the manageress would contact us on her return 3 days later, we're still waiting! We went to the attached pub which was so filthy we didn't dare take up the offer of free Guinness in fear of becoming unwell because with the level of cleaning I doubt the pipes have been cleaned in years.
Definitely not cheap and cheerful, it's a complete hovel that needs closing, deep cleaning and refurbishing. Whoever gave it a 2* is delusional it's more like a -5. If I can I'll upload my photos which are a world away from the website ones

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends