“Avoid this hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #143 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Tampa, Florida
“Avoid this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Room 201 was dirty and was in need of many repairs. The sheets were clean, but the mattresses were truly like sleeping on box springs. The door lock was damaged and very difficult to lock & unlock.
WORST OF ALL - there's a bar just below the rooms. The loud music and cigarette smoke from the bar and the street continued until 4am, then the street cleaning and product deliveries began about 8am. The weather was unusually warm and they had no fans, so we had to leave windows open until we went to bed. Even with the windows closed, it was like the party was in our room. I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank marshadenise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Armagh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

No WiFi. Outrageous in 2014. Room tiny. Tv and radio didn't work. Collapsed mattress. No shower door. Toilet broken. Toilets and area downstairs smelly. Good location. But that is all. Cheap and nasty. Don't go there unless you are on an extremely tight budget.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JohnArmagh

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Cardiff
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here after having spent two nights in much nicer hotels outside the city centre, and wanted to be a bit more central for our last two nights in Dublin.

The location is faultless - on a relatively quiet street in Temple Bar - so we got what we wanted, but nothing more.

The room we stayed in was in the 'back building', accessible by walking down a corridor that smells like wee, past the sad-looking bar and up a flight of stairs. On the second floor we had no trouble with noise from the bar but could hear people talking as though they were in the room with us. The room itself was pretty small but not unclean, and there were tea/coffee making facilities, which is always welcomed.

The lack of wifi in the hotel is pretty annoying; I've come to assume that it's a basic facility in city-centre hotels now so we had to go out looking for some free wifi just to figure out what time our flight would be (brought that on ourselves though I suppose!).

Didn't try the breakfast as there weere plenty of places nearby offering delicious ones, and we would have had to pay extra anyway.

Stay here if you're going to dump your bags, look around the town and come back when you're ready to crash.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in the back building - walking past the bar when it's being cleaned and the smel...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MBlunder
staffordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I tend not to write reviews and ignore others until I have begun here myself.
This is the second time I stayed here and I have to say it has improved a lot since the 1st time! I thought the place was a bit of hole the first time but wasn't bothered as we were out all day and just wanted to get our heads down. However they have done the place out a bit. Yes the rooms are small but perfect for a lads/girls weekend! The bar down stairs is great and tbf to the staff they were pleasant enough and put up with our antics and also were kind enough to stash our luggage on the day we were flying whilst we sunk a few pints!
All in all at 50/60 a night it is prefect for lads weekend and at the end of the day if your taking your missus to Dublin go somewhere nicer you cheap B******s! ;)

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

There are other hotels near with a far better deal for your money. Its location is great as Temple Bar if for going out, but don't expect anything special. No wifi in 2014 seems so insanely weird and pretty pointless for young people. And you could hardly open the window, which was held up by a phone book. I doubt the owners care at all about that though as the pictures are way too old. However the cleaners in my room did a good job and was the only good thing.

Room Tip: Get a room on top floor as it is far away from the bar right next to the 1st floor and you can hear...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked a room on this (hotel) for 151 euro for one night, the price seemed reasonable to me from the photos that the menager put on line but when I entered in the (HOTEL) I realized that it was a (HOSTEL), and also very poor in hygiene, style, services and all the pictures in the Hotel web site and on lines was false. they showed me the room only after I paid and was a Disaster... At that point I asked for my money back but the manager did not want to listen to me and compensate for that..I tried to find a solution but She was very close and She did't wanted to give my money back, I sacked for a different room and She would not listen my request... finally a Call the police and the Booking.com Customer care and only after 2 Hours the manager refund me... after all that unfortunatly my week end was destroy.

Room Tip: in this hostel, there are no good rooms, the pictures on the internet are false, very poor hygiene...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Luigi G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The most fabulous location with quaint rooms which suited our needs perfectly (get ready and sleep)! Clean and a fantastic nightclub 'mares' attatched! Loved it and will be going back! Would highly recommend it to groups of friends/hen do's and stags as you can't beat the location!

• Stayed September 2013