Inn on the Liffey
US$169
US$278
US$253
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$233
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
All reviewsno lifttemple barroad noisefull irish breakfastminute walkensuite bathroomwalking distanceflat screen tvno hot waterbed and breakfaststayed for nightso connell streettea coffeelocation is greatdublin city centrecentral locationquay
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Say it about this hell hole. Whilst not filthy & bed bug free it is tired and rather depressing. There's an awful smell ( despair?) & all rooms are smoking, the breakfast room was nice enough but only ate there once. Staff were ok to pretty genuine and local was great to enjoy Dublin and you wanted to stay out of this place as long as possible. The attached sauna was as dire as it's clients. In short AVOID.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank joancollins69
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Well I stayed in the apartment and yes it is above a gay sauna but that really was fine.. The sauna itself is terrible don't even bother... Having said that my apartment was fine for a cheap three night stay and I would recommend it.. Good location and generally nice. The worst part was the shower which is very average...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank beno77
Reviewed 18 April 2011

This is a guest house for gay men only and basically the place was very dirty. We had a spacious one bedroom apartment that could be wonderful. However, I spent two hours the first day cleaning the kitchen before I felt I could use anything in it. The bedroom and bathroom were very dimly lit. Maybe they thought if the lights were dim you wouldn't notice how dirty it was. The bathroom was not clean, the area rugs in the living room and bedroom had never been vacuumed. There was no housekeeping service during our stay. We got fresh towels at the front desk. After three days we had to ask them to come and take out the trash.

The place could be wonderful. Our room was large with a nice view of the Liffey River. We had a separate bedroom at the back of the apartment that was quiet. The apartment has a washing machine which was a big help as we stayed several days. The location is good and the staff is very nice and helpful. The breakfast was OK and the gentleman working in the breakfast room was very pleasant. The big problem is that the place is not clean.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front can be noisy
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Islandguy808
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and found this guest house,note not a hotel but guest house pretty pleasent,the staff where polite and helpfull and the location was superb.I must say I stayed there a few years ago and I think it is much cleaner and much better managed.I must say I found finding the room a little difficult and the code a little difficult.The price was good as I could access the Sauna as often as I like for free.The black guy I think his name is Ray was very pleasent in the breakfast room.I was reading some of the reviews and I could not believe how harsh they where and unjustified.I am told the Guesthouse is going 15 years,thats prooves they must be doing something right.Some people are just never happy,maybe they didnt meet nice talent..Well done lads you are doing a good job and Rayin the kitchen hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Stayed for a few days in August and found the location very good, close to the main attractions in Dublin and easy to get transport to the airport.
The staff were extremely friendly and it made my stay even better.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo