“FELT LIKE HOME IN THIS B&B”
Review of Inn on the Liffey

and 1 more site!
Inn on the Liffey
Ranked #43 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I can say a lot of good things about 'the Inn on the Liffey' ... such as a wonderful, nice and respectful staff, a very 'laid back' atmosphere, excellent breakfast in a cosy diner room served by a truly amiable and beautiful girl (she's a real sweetheart), great location, the inn has a very 'international' feeling .. you can speak French, Portugues and even Russian at the counter .. Cherry on the cake for the gay travellers is that you have free access to the sauna (which is old and run down, that's true .. but nobody says you have to make use of it! It's free .. anyway). Dublin is a city I left with mixed feelings ... there's a lot of aggressivity and public drunkenness in the Streets. You have to be really carefull. I was agressed in broad daylight by a beggar (an Irish beggar!) because a took a pic on a bridge where he and his mate were lying on the pavement. It was not a nice experience and I was really Lucky that a shopowner offered me shelter ... I have never ever seen before so much drunk people in high Streets and public spaces as in Dublin. Don't know what's happening there, but it's quite shocking .. it really is! Anyway, I had a great time because there are a lot of good things also .. like staying in 'the Inn on the Liffey' .. or visiting the castle and strolling through Phoenix Park ... Thank you very much to the staff of 'the Inn' for your extreme kindness .. you are great!! By the way, when I left someone told that the old tv-sets are bound to be replaced by flatscreens ... nice :-)

Room Tip: room 37 is perfect for the solo traveller and I was in room 21, a double room, which is also very ni...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Londenlover68

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here on two different occasions, I believe I got a better room on the second occasion. The location is perfect right smack bang in the middle of the city center. The rooms had everything you would need for a short stay. The view over the liffey was nice. The shower cubicle was extremely small in both rooms, and quite difficult to regulate the temperature of the shower. They appear to be renovating the hallways at the moment so there is a smell of paint. one of the bulbs didn't work in one of the bed side lamps. The Breakfast was not great, but was serviceable, I felt the whole thing was microwaved, and tough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank thesphinx23
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I read many of the reviews of the inn and really wondered. I am not sure what standards some of the other reviewers used but this place is fine.
The staff are great - very accommodating and helpful.
The inn while older is fine. The rooms are fine, too. Very clean and comfortable, maybe not the size of a Hilton-type room....but am I paying for space I don't use or for what I need to be comfortable.
It is a close walk to most of the sights of Dublin.
The full Irish breakfast is great, and included in the price.
I say the Inn is worth consideration and I would definitely stay here again.

5  Thank hrdmapl
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very nice and friendly staff. Location of the hotel is very good right in the center of the city. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was quite rich.
The only downside is there is no lift so you have to climb so many stairs with your suitcase.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Blitzistanbul
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My first time at the inn was made very pleasant by the friendly staff. The rooms are small but very clean and well kept. This was the last week in august and as I had two different bookings over the course of a week I had a double room for the first part and a single for the second. Both were fine. If you can request a room at the back it would be best as the front room had street noise from the open window. The full buffet breakfast was very good with a wide choice of food. Location is excellent as it is right across the river from Temple Bar where you spend the evening. It is close to all major sights. A good budget hotel.

Room Tip: Away from street is best
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank singlevoyager
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

I am a crossdresser and I am shocked at one of your reviews from some American.I visit this B&B often as I can express my self.
I find it upsetting that some bloody Yank can criticise CDs and even goes on to say it is all old people who frequent the sauna.
I must remind this guy that according to Irish law it is forbidden to discriminate on age and rightly so.
I stay there maybe 3 times a year and have been for 10 years or so when I am in Dublin.He goes on to criticise the colour of the rooms.
What a plonker for if he pays what I do 65€ what does he want the Ritz?
I have always found staff friendly and helpful the place clean and a brilliant breakfast with free Wifi and all in the heart of Dublin.
There is no way of pleasing some some people and all for 60 or so Euro,and I think people who discriminate on age and cross dressing should not be welcome in this establishment.
I bet the staff are glad to see the back of him not so long ago people thought the way he now thinks about Gay people

Disgusted

• Stayed: May 2012
8  Thank Hungarianlilly
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Have stayed at Inn on the Liffey many times over last 10yrs. My latest was a 4 night stay in March 2013.
I have never before written a review, but I am so annoyed to see the unfair negative reviews on this site, that I have been moved to present my views.
The en-suite room was warm, clean, nicely decorated and pleasantly furnished.
Staff are friendly and helpful, and breakfast is superb. Dining room warm and pleasant.
Only negative is the gay sauna (free admission) which is past its sell-by - but like gay saunas the world over, if you hit the right time, you can have horny encounters ... or maybe you'd rather pay 23 euros to go to the BoilerHouse sauna, or 10 euros to sex shop cinema, where you're still not guaranteed to 'score'.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you want from your stay - they will advise an appropriate room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo