“Your first stop in Dublin should be;”

Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch
Ranked #36 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersGold level
Vermont
“Your first stop in Dublin should be;”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

To have lie in for a couple of hours before you begin your tour of Dublin. Excellent property for senior citizens due to the convenience to the Hop On-Hop Off Touring Bus!!!!!! Professional, courteous,friendly, knowledgable, staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Greek first
Manhattan, KS
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We came into Dublin during a rainstorm. We were happy to find a opening here, though it was out of our budget. This was the perfect location where we could see sights and then drop purchases off to our room. From our window there was a terrific view of Christchurch Cathedral! We enjoyed the free wifi. The room was very nice and comfortable; more space than we'd had all trip.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor facing Christchurch Cathedral and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very good hotel, very friendly staff. The room had all the things we needed. The room was very clean and modern.The bathroom was clean. The hotel breakfast was very good. Hotel is situated near the centre of the town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AlanBuckley, General Manager at Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Ariann2013,

Many thanks for taking the time for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted that you like our newly refurbished bedrooms.

Myself and the team are delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us and we will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Many Thanks
Alan Buckley
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is an ideal hotel for City Center access. it has car parking available and is close to Luas and buses. Staff always helpful. Also is walking distance from most center shopping areas and theaters. Rooms are clean and functional.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thetford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a 3 night hen trip. I found the location to be very central for sightseeing and bars. The room had all the things we needed. The bathroom whilst compact was clean. The room would benefit from air con as if you have the window open those church bells are noisy.
The hotel breakfast was adequate would benefit from a better continental range .
The staff were very friebdly
If you want a cheap base I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We arrived in the late afternoon and room was ready. We were given a ground floor room and didn't know if we would like it. It is actually more efficient than waiting for elevators. One drawback was that our window overlooked the central courtyard and was sometimes noisy with people sitting and talking. We also had to keep the curtain drawn for privacy when people were in the courtyard. The staff was always friendly and helpful and one gentleman helped me figure out why my universal adapter did not seem to work. We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel. The room was very clean and modern. There is a comfortable lobby and places to sit in the front area. The dining room looked inviting, although we didn't eat there.

Convenient: The Airlink bus stop is just down the street and easy to access coming and going to the airport. Christchurch is right in front of the hotel and the Temple Bar area is down Dame Street and very walkable. We were able to walk (sometimes several times a day) all the way to Trinity College (Book of Kells), National Gallery and St. Stephen's Green. There are several markets about half way down Dame Street, including Spar's and a Tesco closer to Trinity College. You can buy bagged ice at Tesco. There is also a much larger Tesco just off Dame Street (just ask for directions). The Guiness Storehouse is also within walking distance of the hotel. There are many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, including pubs, fish & chips, seatood and continental.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Leitrim, Ireland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very disappointed with the staff. I chose to stay in this hotel as I was going to a gig in the Olympia with my sister. When I presented my booking details and receipt to the receptionist for the room which was FULLY PAID FOR IN ADVANCE the receptionist asked me to give details of the person staying with me and to sign the paperwork, she then said she would be back in a moment and went into a room behind reception. When the receptionist returned she was accompanied by the manager who approached me while the receptionist began to deal with another customer. The manager began to tell me that the hotel had been overbooked and if it was ok with me he would relocate us to Jurys on Custom House Quay!! I told the manager that this did not suit as we were going to the Olympia and did not have time for this relocation or did not want the inconvenience. The manager then went to the back room to see what he could do, however what really annoyed me was that while I was waiting for the manager to return another guest who also had booked a twin room that was not paid for in advance was getting her room with no hassle!! I began to wonder why I was unable to get my room which I had paid for and the guest after me could get her unpaid room!! When I asked the receptionist whom I had originally dealt with and who was now dealing with this guest how this was possible another receptionist intervened in quite a sharp tone saying it was not a receptionist issue and to deal with the manager. The manager then returned and tried to get us to relocate again, I told him no and then after another trip to the back room and more wasted time he returned and had a room available. I just wonder what the reason for this treatment was and would it be because I had booked through a website where I got a good deal and maybe my room was needed for a higher price paying customer? When checking out the receptionist who had been quite sharp the evening before just took the room keys and didn't bother to ask how was our stay or apologise for the hassle when checking in. The hotel itself is clean, comfortable and in a good location. Breakfast was nice, just a pity the stay was over shadowed by the previous evenings events.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
AlanBuckley, Manager at Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Aoifeb,

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced on arrival at our Hotel recently.

I would like the opportunity to speak to you directly about the Issues you experienced so I would be greateful if you could get in touch with me at your earliest convenience.

alan_buckley@jurysinns.com