“Great location and nice hotel but reception staff need a bit more when it comes to manners” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch

Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch
Ranked #37 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersGold level
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great location, usual lack of directions in Dublin make finding the car park a bit of a guessing game but once you find it there is nowhere more convenient to park… level 4 of the parking lot has direct access into the back of the hotel via a very short covered walkway and the hotel can validate a max of 30 tickets each day at checkout so that the max charge is 15 euro.

The hotel itself is lovely, the rooms clean and comfortable (the one we had for 4 of us was slightly on the small side – not much room to get between the beds) . Our room had a view out over the back towards the car park but I would imagine the rooms at the front have a nice view looking out over Christchurch. The room was warm and the kids woke early with the light coming in the side of the curtains but I guess minor complaints.

We didn’t eat in the hotel as when we checked in the receptionist really didn’t seem to want to be bothered explaining anything to us!!! She never even directed us to the lifts to get to our room, never mentioned the option for breakfast or the car park or indeed anything without me trying to prise the information out of her and this obvious lack of interest is the only complaint that I have about the hotel.. so much so that I did complete the comment card to express my disappointment and in fairness the duty manager emailed me the next day to apologise.

I don’t go down to Dublin very often anymore, but I suppose if I got a good enough deal I would go back to this hotel as the location is conveniently close to Christchurch, Guinness Brewery, Dublin Castle, Olympia Theatre & Temple Bar.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank annemn245

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Greek first
N Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We got a deal for a room for €21 as part of the Jury's birthday offer. We booked a family room with an additional cot as we have two children, 5 & 2. When we arrived we noticed how unfriendly the reception/check in staff were. The room (216) was a real disappointment. Much smaller than other rooms we'd stayed in at similar hotels. The cot wasn't in the room when we arrived. We rang down to reception and when it arrived, it looked older than me. It was so overused, it was lumpy in all the wrong places. Our 2 yr old (who happens to have a broken foot and his leg in a cast) complained getting in and we had to fashion a make shift mattress out of blankets and towels.
The room was not only small for a family of four but extremely hot. There was no air con or fan. It was an extremely hot and uncomfortable night with little sleep between us all. And there was a constant whirring from this end of the hotel.

We ate in the bar. The bar staff were very polite and friendly. The food was fine, adequately priced and quite nice.

Our daughter ended up being sick through the night. I partly put this down to the temperature of the room (and hopefully not the bar food).

Breakfast seemed great. I had to take our son down as my husband stayed in the room with our daughter who was still being sick. I brought our son down in the buggy due to his leg. I was informed it was self service and trying to get breakfast for both of us either involved me leaving a crying child in a buggy at the far side of the restaurant or carrying him around and getting breakfast with one hand. Twice I asked staff if I could get toast brought over or juice, and despite my situation I was told it was self service.
Very poor.

Although we were on a deal, I feel like I got €21 of a deal. It was so disappointing and completely ruined our break away. I would not recommend for families.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank finlayargyle
AlanBuckley, General Manager at Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Finlayargyle,

Thank you for taking the time in posting your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it seems that we failed on this occasion.

As we have discussed I am investigating the issues that you have mentioned to ensure that this doesn’t occur again.

We hope that you will consider staying with us in the near future and if so don’t hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks
Alan Buckley
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We bought a room during the 21 birthday offer for €21 and we stayed on 5 July. The staff are brilliant and the room was really lovely. We had a double and single room as we had our son with us. The room had a lovely view of the Cathedral but it should be noted that the bells chime all day, and all night. This of course is not the fault of the hotel I should add. We purchased breakfast online with the room booking for €10 per person which was fine but I did notice it was cheaper to add when checking in at about €8 I think. We got such a great deal on the room I didn't mind though. Also our son who was 4 ate for free which was great as I'm not keen on paying for a breakfast for him as he doesn't always eat it. It should be mentioned the staff in the restaurant were great and very helpful to me although my husband asked for a tray as he was getting breakfast for our son as well, which seemed a bit of a chore. It's a self service restaurant guys, trays are a must have! Reception was always busy and although the staff were professional, friendly and quick, they seemed overwhelmed at times. Overall we had a great stay and loved our night away. Would I recommend Jurys Inn to my friends, yes but keep in mind it's not a 4 / 5 star hotel and you won't be upset when you don't get large rooms with opulent surroundings. Thank you to all at Jurys Inn, for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Being a regular visitor to Dublin, I can honestly say that the Jurys Inn, Christchurch is great. Fantastic central location, pleasant staff and basic but clean rooms. There are some rather damning and rather pompous reviews on here but at the end of the day it is a 'Jurys Inn' not the Ritz so I believe many of these such reviews to be slightly dramatic.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
1 Thank Kay M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Jurys Inn across from Christchurch has a great location to see all of Dublin. Direct access to the Hop On- Hop Off bus, a taxi stand, and is within walking distance to wonderful restaurants and sights to see. It is a very busy place, a choice of guided bus tours who overtake the lobby and restaurant at times. Staff was the least friendly of all our hotel stays while in Ireland. That being said, when attending the storytelling dinner at the Boar's Head and comparing notes with other travelers, it sounded like we'd made a good choice and couldn't complain - so we won't. The room itself was clean and comfortable with a great view of the church. The bar was nice as well, and the restaurant for breakfast was just okay.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from the elevator for a more quiet location.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Dear Tracy D,

We really appreciate your lovely comments following your recent stay. It sounds you had an enjoyable visit to Dublin.

I apologise for the unfriendliness that you experience I will investigate into this in order for this not to happen again.

The team and I will look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Many Thanks
Alan Buckley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on Friday as I was at a show, went to get a water on the way to the room and two of the receptionists raised their voices saying it costs 1€ (it's complimentary in other hotels) then one of the men passed a rude remark of how I was intensionally stealing! Very unprofessional & abrupt. Felt as though I was constantly kept a watch on because of my young age.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed in Jurys Inn Christchurch on a number of occasions for short trip stays in Dublin. The hotel is in a great location for accessing Dublin city center and central shopping and sight-seeing areas by foot. Despite its central location, the rooms are not noisy but instead peaceful, with the front-facing rooms giving a fantastic view of Christchurch cathedral. It is in its staff that the hotel really shines, they have been so helpful to us any time we have stayed and are pleasant to deal with. If you don't fancy eating in one of the restaurants a stones throw away, the hotel provides bar and restaurant food. The breakfast provided is very good, providing one of the best selections of vegetarian food I have seen in a while.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms on upper floors have a great view of christchurch cathedral!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends