“Great location”

Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch
Ranked #36 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights mid week. Room was comfy but on ground floor by reception. Room was dark didnt get much light, this didnt bother us too much but it might bother others so maybe request a room on a higher floor.
The location of this hotel is excellent if you want to be neasr grafton street, Temple bar, Trinity College. We didnt need to get any taxis which wa plus. Breakfast was very pleasent. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
AlanBuckley, General Manager at Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear heatherDheather,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us in Jurys Inn Christchurch. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding attractions.

I am sorry the room allocated to you was a bit dark, I have spoken with the maintenance manager about fixing this for our future guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope that you will choose Jurys Inn Christchurch the next time you are travelling to Dublin and we look forward to your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Alan Buckley

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Since my last stay here, the hotel looks as if the rooms have undergone an extensive refurbishment. The room I stayed in was modern and fresh, with a nice fresh feel.

Check in was quick and simple, and I was quickly in my room; Fitted out with a Double bed, a desk with reasonable sized TV and a desk with all the facilities for Tea & coffee. Also included in my room was an iron and ironing board – not something that all hotels supply these days! The bathroom was quite small, however was new and adequate enough for my use.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of Temple Bar, and you are not far from the centre too.
I was going to use the onsite restaurant for my evening meal, but it was fully booked for a coach load of tourists, so I had the choice of eating at the bar or elsewhere.

Would I stay again? Yes

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Max L
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As an American who has traveled in Europe, this hotel has more amenities than I'm used to-- it's a lower cost "business hotel," rather than the two-three star privately owned hotels I usually stay at. Having said that, this hotel is wonderful. It's in a great location to walk central Dublin, it's clean and comfortable, the staff is helpful and knowledgeable, and it has a restaurant and bar on premises. It's directly on the bus line for the airport. The air conditioning wasn't a problem for me-- you have to pay four star prices to get air conditioning in Europe. My only complaint was that my room faced the back, so mornings were met with the noise of the recycling machines and the beer trucks rolling out empty metal kegs and rolling in new ones. This wouldn't be a problem in the cooler months when the windows would be closed. I highly recommend this Jurys Inn for a very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our friend recommended this hotel because of central location in Dublin. She was absolutely right, the location of this hotel made worth the price.

There were downsides since we got the cheapest room. The internet was unbearably slow and they put us in a room right beside the church. Its a great view, but the bells go off every half hour so if your a light sleeper, you will have trouble sleeping. I had to buy ear plugs in order to sleep.

The place was very clean, the beds were average but comfy enough and the cleaning ladies were great. We left the do not disturb sign on our door and the cleaning ladies packed a bag full of towels and linens and an apology for not cleaning our room. It was a nice touch.

Despite the downsides, the location made it worth it and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the church and as high up as possible so you minimize the street n...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here to begin our 40th wedding anniversary trip to Ireland and Scotland. We happened to mention that it was our 40th and our third trip to Ireland. We were treated royally by the front desk folks and the manager. They upgraded our room and gave us two free drink tickets to the hotel bar. We returned later in the week after a trip to western Ireland and received the same room. Our room was very clean and had a fan which was needed since it was warm in Ireland at the time and it seems none of the hotels there have air conditioning. The hotel is in the heart of downtown Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
AlanBuckley, General Manager at Jurys Inn Dublin Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Bill P,

Many thanks for taking the time in reviewing your stay with us in Jurys Inn.

Congratulations on your 40th anniversary. We like to acknowledge any special occasions that our guests may be having during their stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you returned to us for the rest of your time in Ireland.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Many thanks
Alan Buckley

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I was kinda worried reading all mix reviews but overall this hotel is great.
Because I booked through expedia , I still decided to call ahead to make sure I got my room reservation. Apparently Expedia kinda messed up my booking with 2 reservations and it takes me 5 calls to finally get my refund.
Anyway the hotel staffs are excellent helping me with this issue . Check in was greeted well and well
Inform the surrounding.
Normally I don't have high expectations on European hotel but this hotel is a thump up.
Sparkling clean bathroom, look like new . Although is small but clean and everything are well equip , shampoo and soaps , towel , water pressure all good.
(For older people, the tub may be a bit high to climb into )
My room come with 2 beds , comfy and clean. I brought my own feather down pillow. Hotel uses foam pillow which I don't like.
Only one thing negative , no A/C. It's a bit warm unless u open the window but then the noises from traffic. My room faces the side courtyard which is nice.
Wifi is amazing throughout . Breakfast great too.
Location is central, almost all
Walking distance . Dublin castle is just next door , temple bar a few block down. 5-8 mins walk trinity college. Lots of shops and restaurants around.
Hueston stations is about 25-30mins walk, cab fare about $6 euro.
I took airlink bus shuttle from
Airport to hotel $7 euro. Super easy . Drop off less than a block from hotel. ( 10 stops at Christchurch .
Overall I would come back again next vacation and will def stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Overall, our stay was a positive and pleasurable one. The staff were quite friendly and informative. We stayed on the 5th floor (room 501) and it was well appointed and comfortable other than the lack of air conditioning. A fan was in the room which did help with the temperature. To be fair, temperatures during our stay were unusually warm for Dublin. View of Christchurch across the street. Location was close to most attractions as well as the Hop on Hop Off bus (highly recommended). Breakfasts were hearty and there were a number of hot and cold foods to choose from. Had dinner in hotel and it was tasty and a good portion size. Bar had good burgers. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are larger and better equipped. Street facing room were a bit loud due to traffi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple