“Our first hotel in Ireland”
Review of Phoenix Park Hotel

Phoenix Park Hotel
Ranked #129 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Our room was small but comfortable. Could never get shower doors to work without leaking. However the hotel seemed clean and the staff was very friendly. We did not have breakfast (overslept) but the lobby and restaurant wifi worked well. Staff gave good directions which we needed for our first trip to Dublin.

Room Tip: Hotel is on the corner and our room was on the street, but it was not noisy. We were on 2nd or 3rd...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 June 2013

this hotel is very tired and dated. Our room smelt bad and was the most dull, depressing room that I have ever stayed in. Hotel staff were not overly welcoming. Our room was not ready on arrival and we were told not to come back before 3,30pm (our room should be ready by then) On returning to the hotel at about midnight on both nights we had to ring the bell to get in and were greeting by a grumpy night porter. Did not sleep either of the two nights we stayed. Traffic noise was awful and on the second night there was a party going on in the room next door which finally became quiet at 6.40am after we complained. Find somewhere else to stay in Dublin.
We are not picky people but this was dirty and dreary.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie L
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I was a little nervous booking this hotel after looking at other reviews on this site, but I will admit I was pleasantly suprosed on arrival. The hotel was newly renovated and excellently located. The lobby and restaurant are lovely. The restaurant provides a good breakfast and a decent price. The rooms were comfortable and quiet and the service was excellent. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I understood that this place has been revamped recently. For the price I got a decent room with new bath room and nice and friendly staff. The view in the room at the backside is not so nice, however it was very quite.
For my appointment in Phoenix park it is an ideal location because it saves a lot of travel time compared to a hotel that is located in the centre.
Because the last stop of the airport link bus is nearby (Heuston station), the travel from and to the airport is easy.
Although internet is not available in the room, the one in the lobby is very good (and free).

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We did not saty at this hotel, we only stopped there for breafast.
The service was good, polite as you would expect.
The breakfasts were well prepared, very filling and good value.. 2 full breakfasts tea, coffe & toast for 16 euros

Room Tip: Very close to Phoenix park, Heuston station and The National meusem. Also close to the guinness fac...
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We were looking for a place to stay during our last night in Ireland. Coming in from Galway by train, it doesn't get any easier than Phoenix Park Hotel. It's literally a 5 minute walk to Heuston Rail Station, which was super convenient for us and why I chose it in the first place - that and the fact that their weekend rates were the lowest (79 euros/night on a Sat night). But I didn't expect the rooms to be so spacious and for the service to be so good. We had a lovely Brazilian man who looked after us in the evening and helped us in setting up a cot in the room for our daughter. The breakfast in the morning was not included in our rate, but was delicious and came with excellent service. Everything about this place was easy and hospitable, as it should be. And best of all the rooms were warm! It was freezing last week in Dublin and the first place we stayed in (Anchor Guesthouse) we had to constantly call and ask them to turn the heat up (and even "on"!). It was so frigid outside and inside. So, the Phoenix Park Hotel was a really nice change from that experience! I'd definitely stay here again. It's not as close to the main sites as Anchor House, but there is the LUAS light rail nice and close at Heuston which takes you everywhere you need to go if you're not willing to walk 20-25 minutes to Temple Bar area. Great find. Great service. Only downside I might find would be the noise of traffic from the road, but I think that goes with the territory of staying near the train station and in an urban setting. Plus we were coming from tranquil Galway and were spoiled by the lovely silence there.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Just back from a one night stay in Dublin and had a great time. We(myself and my six year old son) stayed in this hotel as I had googled places to stay near the zoo side of phoenix park(to eliminate walking distance) and this place came out the most keenly priced.
It was very reasonable and advertised as three star, which it was.
The room was spotless and fresh. As it is not one of the bigger hotels there is not much of an atmosphere but however non of the stuffyness either!
We were made to feel most welcome, the staff were all exceptionally friendly, and I mean that (I work in the hospitality industry). I plagued them with questions and they happily obliged me.
had a great stay, would recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to Dublin would wants to see the hustle and bustle but have safe haven to retreat from it all in the meantime.

The breakfast was not included but not rip off and very tasty - set us up for another entir eday site seeing!!