“No Customer Service.”
Review of Phoenix Park Hotel

Phoenix Park Hotel
Ranked #128 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My friend and myself were running in the Phoenix Park this morning. Unfortunately my friend got very sick and needed to use the Phoenix Park facilities. We were met at the reception by the owner. My friend asked the owner could she use the facilities but she said no as we were not staying in her hotel. We explained we were out running and she felt extremely sick. My friend pleaded with the owner and she said ok but she would have to charge her 1e. We had no money so we said we would drop it back to her. My friend was extremely embarrassed and so was I. This hotel has a bar and restaurant attached. I would never ever step foot into this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank TCfromDub

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I booked the hotel in the morning for that night through Booking.com. I needed to cancel the booking an hour later. I rang booking.com who said it was up to the hotel. I rang the hotel who refused to waive the cancellation fee of 100 percent. For a 'No Show' I can understand a 100% cancellation fee but as we gave ample notice, I feel they should not have charged my visa account. I did ask the hotel if we would stay another night instead as we stay in Dublin regularly but they refused this request.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aine60
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Myself and my partner stayed in this hotel as we were staying in Dublin to visit the zoo! It was very close to it which was very handy and just a 2 minute walk to the luas and bus stops so everything was very easily accessible! The staff were friendly but the only trouble we had was that the website says that check-in is at 2 o clock and when we arrived at 2 the room was not ready for us, this wasn't a big deal as we only wanted to drop off our things but it may be troublesome for other travellers. The room was nice and I would definitely stay again but I would not recommend for travellers who are staying for several nights!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I wanted to be close to the train station because I needed to take an early train. This place seemed reasonable and affordable. There is a reason the rooms aren't pictured on the website. The stay here was terrible from start to finish.

I found the place easily enough. It took awhile for the front desk clerk to show up. He took my credit card and swiped and swiped and swiped....doing the same thing and expecting a different result. He finally insisted that I pay cash and sent me to the store a few doors down to use the ATM. After getting finally getting checked in, I went to my tiny, musty room. The linens were clean but the mattresses were very worn out and the carpet was filthy. The bathroom was tiny as well. Oh, and I had to take a cold shower because there was no hot water. On top of it all, they had those useless wall hair dryers that burn your hands but never get your hair dry.

The service throughout my stay was incredibly slow.

I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Trying to get to the bottom of Ireland at Mizen Point for our end to end cycle we had not planned on staying in Dublin. Looking for a place on a scorching Saturday evening never easy. So Phoenix Park by necessity rather than design. What we found was very welcoming and helpful staff - found us quiet room, bikes stored, internet access. Rooms basic and on small side but ours recently renovated and clean. Good sleep. Breakfast arrangements - table service - a bit confusing - and manager thought we were due to pay. But sorted efficiently and tasty breakfast. Great location near to station had no complaints about this value hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here for the Phoenix Park concerts it was right by the entrance which took a lot of the hassle with getting home. Great location too if your using the train as it's only 5 minutes away from Heuston station and the Luas. The room was clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly and looked after our bags the first and last day. Only downside was the water pressure in the shower was poor.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Our room was small but comfortable. Could never get shower doors to work without leaking. However the hotel seemed clean and the staff was very friendly. We did not have breakfast (overslept) but the lobby and restaurant wifi worked well. Staff gave good directions which we needed for our first trip to Dublin.

Room Tip: Hotel is on the corner and our room was on the street, but it was not noisy. We were on 2nd or 3rd...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple