“Lovely hotel”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Lovely hotel. The staff are attentive and very good.Loved my room - comfortable and well appointed. This is my third stay in the hotel and I will be back again - perfect for shops, eateries and very welcoming. Thanks to all in hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I was here for three nights in August. The hotel is in a great location, service was wonderful, rooms were clean and modern. I would definitely stay here again next time I am in Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed here recently, the room was fine, the general areas within the hotel are very nice, comfortable atmosphere and the reception staff and front of house staff were very warm and professional. the food however was miserable. from the 'cooked' or microwaved breakfast, with tasteless food and overcooked eggs, to dinner, with flavourless, careless meals. at a four star rating i expect that the chef can at least master the art of salt and pepper. it is unfortunate as it let the rest of the stay down. we skipped breakfast the second day, although it was included in the price, as it was utterly unappealing. when you are staying in such a great central location with a high rating and high prices to match you don't expect to be so badly let down by the food.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerB, General Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Wetcher1, Thank you for your comments and apologies for the delay in responding. I am glad to hear that overall you liked the hotel but dissapointed to see that breakfast did not meet with your expectations. I was suprised to recieve your comments as we are often praised on our breakfast as you will see from the majority of our reviews and have a range of fresh juices, fruits, cereals, home made breads, jams and pastries. We also make home made muesli, fruit compotes and home made scones which are baked fresh every day. Regarding the hot breakfast we actually cook breakfast to order as opposed to offering it buffet style so that it will be fresh and I can assure you we do not microwave breakfast. We have an open style kitchen so that the Chefs can be seen preparing the breakfast. I am sorry to hear that your Dinner lacked flavour as once again all food is fresh and cooked to order. Notwithstanding this I can see on this occasion that you were not happy with the standard of food and will certainly take on board your comments and we will re-visit our hot breakfast. We are continually looking at ways to improve upon what we do and will give the hot breakfast further attention to ensure we provide excellent standards. Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back on another occasion. Please do contact me directly the next time you are coming to stay as it would be nice to meet you.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Upgraded on arrival. Very pleasant setting and staff. Been here many times and it does it for me each time. It's a traditional hotel with a nice sensibility. Staff very helpful. Breakfast is amazing. Best for my business trips to Dublin. Coming back soon I hope.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank N L
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We chose this hotel based on the numerous reviews touting the location and they were correct. The hotel is situated close to shopping, theaters, Temple Bar, Trinity College, museums and numerous pubs and restaurants. The rooms were well appointed, clean and the front desk staff was exceptional. The only downside we experienced was when we stopped for an after dinner drink at the lounge. My sister and I both got the feeling that the bar staff was a bit overwhelmed at the time we were there.

Room Tip: If possible, ask if there are rooms available that do not face the parking garage.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank LizKRacine
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Was in Dublin on business over St Patrick's weekend and stayed 2 nights at Brooks Hotel. This hotel is classier and more high-end than I would have booked for a normal partying weekend, however it was booked through my work. It is in the heart of the action....moments from the shopping and also bars, restaurants. The room was beautiful. Everything was immaculately clean and finished to a very high standard. Large room with comfortable bed. A bowl of fresh fruit was laid out complimentary as was a lovely bag of chocolate trifles...courtesy of the chef. Breakfast was efficient and very tasty. There was a wide selection of cooked or cold breakfasts. The main thing though was the staff. They were so friendly and polite throughout and nothing was too much trouble for them.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank AllanBScotland
Reviewed 15 March 2012

A very comfortable hotel in the the centre of dublin - tricky to locate if you're driving ( one way system!!). Lovely staff, fabulous breakfast. The downside is the parking - only reduced rates from 5.30pm until noon the following day - quite expensive if you stay longer than this.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends