“Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Location”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #10 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hotel is lovely, I went to Dublin for 5 days. One the first day and throughout the time i spent in Dublin i was pretty much bed bound with a fever and a very swollen throat, the hotel staff were so nice. I called reception for some salt (to gargle) at 4 in the morning and it was at my room in seconds with a smile and they gave me fresh honey and lemon to drink with hot water. The restaurant food (breakfast and dinner) was brilliant. The staff were helpful, they smiled and made my stay in Dublin much more enjoyable even though the only time I saw Dublin was to go to the chemist and back. Great Location, right by pretty much everything. And they had a pillow menu.:) If i was going to actually pick at anything (and this is really picking) there wasn't enough closet space for my clothes, but i was stuck in my PJ's the whole time so it didn't really matter. The room was lovely, bed was comfortable. can't fault it really.

Room Tip: I had a standard room on the 6th floor and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MonkeyMaison
GeneralManagerB, General Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Monkey Maison,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay in Brooks and I am sorry to hear you were unwell for the duration. I hope you are back to normal now! I note your comment regarding the wardrobe space and we can certainly ensure we allocate you a room with a larger one on your next stay. I very much appreciate your nice comments as do the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Anne Mc Kiernan

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We spent two nights at Brooks hotel and recommend it highly. The service was fantastic, rarely have I stayed somewhere where every single member of staff I came across was so helpful, friendly and professional. The room was of a very high standard and the breakfast was great - I couldn't make any suggestions for how it could be better! The location is central yet noise was no problem whatsoever, it was perfect for being able to access many sights / areas by foot, and close to the hop on / hop off bus route for journeys further afield. The hotel also has a resident whisky professor (!) offering whisky sampling sessions for those familiar with whisky and those who are not - We had a very informative introduction to irish whisky, if you have chance give it a go. We booked our stay based on the reviews on Trip advisor and were not disappointed, I would not hesitate to stay at Brooks should I find myself in Dublin again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steph C
Reviewed 12 April 2012

There were 6 of us traveling together for our first visit to Ireland. The breakfasts were very good but you need to tell the waiter that you like your eggs a certain way. The rooms are very nice and the beds are great. The staff is so accommodating. We had a driver but can see how the parking could be a problem.It is located so well! This hotel helps make the whole Dublin experience even better.

Room Tip: Pick a room higher up to avoid the daytime noise and some evening sounds.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank wahine1
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I loved this beautifull, well located hotel. It has lots of charm, superb service, large confortable rooms, good bathrooms. Breakfast is excellent and so is Francesca, the hotel's restaurant. The entrance hall is rather plain, but once you get into your room or you go to their superb lounge room, you will find well decorated and cozy spaces. A great place for short or long stays

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are very quiet, there is a huge parking lot just across the street and some of...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The standard of the hotel was a very positive and pleasant surprise. We were very well recieved by the personell on arriving. The Rooms were spacious and nicely decorated and well cleaned.
We had dinner in the restaurant one evening and the food was lovely and the service excellent, especial one waiter that was very entertaining and made us laugh many times. The hotell bar was also very nice. The best ting with the hotel were the location, the size of the room and the very friendly and service-minded personell. I don't have one negative ting to say about The Brooks. Next time we travel to Dublin we will definitely choose the Brooks. We will recommend the hotell to friends and family

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Karin G
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed here in April 2012 for one night only, but the professionalism and attentive staff make an enormous difference, seems to be a good place to work. Our room was not very big but sparklingly clean and the bathroom was excellent. Wonderful location as the shops and restaurants are very close, and the street is very quiet- no noise disturbance from traffic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Lovely hotel. The staff are attentive and very good.Loved my room - comfortable and well appointed. This is my third stay in the hotel and I will be back again - perfect for shops, eateries and very welcoming. Thanks to all in hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo