“You walk in as a guest, you leave as a friend.”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #10 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We just got back from 6 days in Ireland and made the Brooks Hotel on Drury Street our hub. What an amazingly enjoyable experience! The staff ( especially Anne Kinsella) was beyond helpful and friendly and many kudos to the ever charming Conor, the hotel's iconic concierge who never quit attending to our needs and every other guests' as well. His sense of humor, attention to details, advice and efficiency are unsurpassed in my experience. A special treat was at our request they arranged to engage a fabulous private driver complete with black Mercedes for a 2 day sojourn to the west coast to see the Cliffs of Moher, Galway and the beautiful countryside and castles which was perfection thanks to the skills, personality and "blarney" of Robbie Daly who is now an official member of our family! We stayed at their sister hotel, the Connemara Coast on Galway Bay and were treated like rock stars. We will definitely be returning to Ireland and going home to the Brooks Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank melandbutch
GeneralManagerB, Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear MelandButch, thank you for your review and your kind words about the team here and in the Coast. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your trip to Ireland and I hope we get to welcome you back some time.

There are newer reviews for Brooks Hotel

Reviewed 16 May 2012

There is just no better hotel to stay in in Dublin than the Brooks Hotel. I had just came into Dublin from Spain (after running a marathon in Madrid). From the moment I arrived in Dublin, I was greeted with open arms from my Chaueffer- Rummy (sp?) in the airport. I can't begin to describe what a wonderful man he is...just a delight. He showed me a bit of Dublin so I could guage my whereabouts before dropping me at the hotel. Anne and the entire front desk staff were amazing my entire stay. So accomodating and more than helpful with whatever I needed. Upon check in, I was immediately upgraded to a better room at no charge. To add, when I returned to my room from a brief walk down Grafton St, the hotel staff had placed a cupcake and little card in my room congratulating me on my Marathon. Not to forget the bar staff, Jorge (bartender) was just amazing and a delite to talk too!! All in all, I WILL be back =)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Brooks is my number one choice of hotels in Dublin. This is an excellant location for sightseeing,shopping and socialising in Dublin. Everything is within walking distance. The rooms are well designed with comfortable beds, tea/coffee facilities and nice toiletries. Bathrobes and slippers are also provided. The hotel provides nice touches - turndown service, muffins/sweets and the late breakfast (11.30) at the weekends is great. Must say breakfast is top notch with plenty of choice. The service is excellent and there is definately a homely feel to this hotel while still maintaining the sense of style. Conor is the first friendly face you meet on arrival and he remembers everyone on their return visit. Having stayed in many 5 star hotels in Dublin, Brooks matches and exceeds in some cases on a number of levels. Highly reccommend this boutique hotel for all travellers, business and holiday. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Safe, convenient, central Dublin location. Friendly and helpful desk staff. Rooms are tasteful and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RicardoOmaha
Reviewed 14 May 2012

There simply isnt a better hotel to stay in when your in the capital. The location. The comfort, the breakfast cooked to your liking, the staff, are but a few reasons why you should stay here. When we go to Dublin this is the 1st place we look to stay and are bitterly disappointed if we cant get it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cotini

Dear Cotini, thank you for your review and I am delighted that we are your first choice in Dublin. Please do let me know when you are in Dublin again as it would be nice to say Hello!

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Had a lovely stay here when we visited friends in Dublin. The check in staff were very friendly and Connor, the concierge was such a lovely man and so helpful.
My room was very nice on the third floor. The only thing I would say is to request a rear facing room. I faced over Drury Street and it was really noisy with revellers leaving bars and lots of cars hooting horns in the early hours. I didn't get a lot of sleep whereas my friends at the back didn't hear a thing.
The breakfast was great and plentiful.
All in all, a lovely stay and just on the outskirts of Temple Bar. Everything is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a rear facing room to avoid late night noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LyndaCambridge
Reviewed 12 May 2012

There is two things upon which I judge a Hotel, Food & Service. Brooks Hotel scores high among my standards. I dined-in house a number of evenings and the quality of food and service was very good. On the down side I found my room some-what on the cold side.

Room Tip: Use a bus from the airport, my taxi cost €40 €20 to much.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo