“perfection !!”

Ranked #9 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“perfection !!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Myself and 2 girl friends had arranged a trip to dublin 5 months ago. On arrival we were let done by the hotel we had originally booked and subsequently cancelled the booking on arrival. By chance came across Brooks Hotel and made enquires about a triple room. What a find !!! We were greeted with what I would describe as a real Irish Welcome ! All the staff at reception were very attentive but the award for being outstanding must go to Anna Kinsella. From our arrival to subsequent interactions with Anna, we always found her to be friendly, kind and really interested in us as guests. Aware of our rather disappointing start to our trip at our original hotel, every effort was made by all staff to make us comfortable. We were at the hotel ahead of checkin, so the room was not yet ready. We were shown to a very comfortable private lounge and served refreshments.
Shortly after our room being available, housekeeping delivered some beautiful cookies with a welcome note. We had a slight mishap in the bathroom and could not fault the quick response that we had from the housekeeping staff, again not enough could be done to help us.
The hotel is ideally situated for all the sights, and some excellent recommendations were made for restaurants.
The breakfast was first class. A buffet selection of breads, pastries, fruit meats and cheeses were available. The cooked breakfast was cooked to order. We were seated close to the open kitchen, in my experience this is always a sign of a good kitchen. As soon as a breakfast was ready, there was a member of staff to serve it. I did comment on the amount of attentive staff that were serving throughout breakfast, something that can be lacking in some hotels.
Dublin is somewhere that I visit often, Brooks Hotel is somewhere that I would definitely recommend and stay at again. I am looking forward to my next visit !

Room Tip: A triple room is apparently not advertised on the website. Definitely worth making enquires for.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Super bedrooms, cool bar and 5 minutes away from everything!
I have been here twice with groups and service is great, parking is no problem and it really stands out as a member of Small leading Hotels

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Travelled to Dublin to attend a family evening event, however was looking to stay somewhere which was within walking distance of Temple bar but was not over run with Stag and Hen parties.
Brooks hotel ticked all the boxes!

Rooms were tastefully decorated and spotless. Housekeeping could not have been more attentive. Bar and reception equally as well staffed, decorated and maintained.

Bar and lounge had a lovely atmosphere both for a coffee and a scone during the afternoon or in the evening for a glass of wine or a guiness.

Breakfast was excellent with every taste catered for.
My partner had the full Irish breakfast experience both mornings of our stay and I tried the kippers and then the scrambled egg and smoked salmon.
Both were presented and delivered faultlessly with the endless amounts of pastries and fresh fruits and yoghurts ensuring you are well fuelled for a days walking around the City Centre.

Could not praise this hotel enough.
We are a young couple (age range 30-40) and so I would say this hotel would appeal to all ages who appreciate great service, good food and lovely surroundings.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were stranded due to the storm in NYC, so I booked this hotel on the train kind of blindly. Best thing that I did. The value for money is tops, great staff, clean comfortable rooms, reliable (free) wi-fi. And in a great neighborhood in central Dublin.

V nice I Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Wrexham
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We booked a deluxe double and were upgraded to a Junior Suite. Don't get me wrong, the room was fine, a little on the small side with all the mod cons you would imagine. However, I don't think the difference between a deluxe room and a junior suite is worthy to be classed as an upgrade. Yes it had a small balcony (with one chair and a view of an NCP carpark) and a Tv in the bathroom (which didn't work) and apparently it's bigger (??? I asked to view a deluxe double which I personally thought was bigger and a bit more plush, but I may be wrong) but if I'd paid the junior suite price I'd have been very disappointed and would have made a complaint. Having said this, it was a complimentary upgrade so I shouldn't whinge-it's just I didn't think it was any better than the room style I'd paid for! The air con didn't seem to be working either. We tried a few different
things but nothing seemed to make a difference to the temperature!

Service can't be faulted. The staff we dealt with were all very professional, very helpful and courteous. We had breakfast on the first morning which was very good. They were able to provide gluten-free bread for my husband-but bread was the only thing offered. Their sausages are already gluten free.

The communal areas are very nice. The residents lounge (with free computer and net access) is very relaxing and the seating areas around the bar and restaurant areas are stylish and comfy. The free WiFi throughout the hotel was excellent. It was a stable and speedy connection.

We would definitely return to Brooks Hotel as we were impressed with the location, cleanliness and excellent service.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the Junior Suite! The deluxe doubles seem just as nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lizzie67Wrexham
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This boutique hotel in the middle of Dublin is a find to be remembered. The location is excellent, in easy walking distance of all the sights, Temple Bar, St. Patricks, Trinity College, the museums and more. The staff, from receptionist, to doorman, to server is most friendly and helpful. We arrived from the airport at 8 in the morning and although we'd requested early check-in, we didn't expect being able to get in until at least 1 p.m., but we were exhausted. They led us to a comfortable private lounge, served us coffee and by 10 were able to put us in a lovely room. It was good sized for European standards with coffee/tea service in room and the bath, though also smallish, had a wonderful shower. You can order the type of pillows you prefer from a "menu" at no extra cost. Plus, it has AC if the weather would call for it.
The breakfasts are huge and very good. Cooked to order. They make their own pastries and their brown soda bread is special. The fashionable restaurant also served dinner or you can eat more casually in the attractive bar.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Just stayed here on our honeymoon and this hotel was really nice. The location is pretty good and close to lots of shops, a daily market and restaurants. Just a few minutes walk from Temple Bar. The hotel does a turn down service and even left a heart made out of rose petals on our bed for us. The breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012