“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I loved the decoration of the rooms and public areas, modern, stylish but very comfortable and warm. I loved the great bed and comfy pillows and good nights sleep in a quiet room. I loved the perfumed air fresheners on all the corridoors creating a lovely ambience. I loved the restaurant and the amazing food from a talented chef. I loved the evening atmosphere in the bar with its eclectic mix of people. I loved the friendly staff and the very available and attentive manager. In fact I loved everything about this hotel!

Room Tip: Back of the hotel will be quieter but it isn't a busy street to the front.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Hebrew first
N. Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

What a fab bolt hole in the middle of the city. So central & yet quiet. The staff were extremely friendly & helpful. Really comfortable bed. This will be the first hotel we check out when returning to Dublin.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NIrelandrosie
Port Elgin, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed for four nights. Perfect location to experience all the pubs, restaurants, and attractions. We used it as a home base.
We had a room on the second floor overlooking the street and we enjoyed having the windows open and people watching. Some of the revelers can get loud so if you are light sleepers you may want to avoid street side.
The room was very spacious, clean and equipped with everything you would need away from home.The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive.
We enjoyed the restaurant and especially the breakfasts.
We took a transfer from the airport and were let off several blocks from the hotel. We got turned around several times but people took pity on us dragging our luggage and kindly pointed us in the right direction. The hotel's sign was not very visible from the street.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side can get loud but the view is always interesting.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cabancha
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a single night, as the Radisson down the road was full with a conference. I booked a deluxe room which included breakfast.

The hotel is very well positioned in a super-central location and it would be ideal for a weekend stay where I didn't have to get up to go to work instead. I was more interested in a good nights sleep which was harder to deliver on....

My first room was bang next to the very noisy lift, and on asking I was immediately moved to another room further away. Unfortunately the heating systems are old and I was still woken every 30 minutes as the thermostat kicked in (it was like a dull whistle going off) or the kitchen hands from the back of the restaurants outside my window gathered for a cigarette break throughout the night. Not much sound-proofing either.

Breakfast was excellent though and the service spot on. It was just a shame about the noise as after all a hotel has to work for sleeping...

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Katy G
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed at Brooks for 2 nights for business. The Hotel is perfectly located at walk disctance to Grafton streets and the surrounding area is full of pubs and restaurants.
The hotel is clean and rooms are pretty big and cosy. I had a standard room with a king size bed and a ok bathroom with bath/shower.
Staff was kind in giving me hints and being ready in booking my taxis.
Breakfast was included in the price and had different choice of food.

Room Tip: I would avoind rooms on the road
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

The hotel is very well located and I felt safe by walking by myself around. The staff is professional and helpful. My room was good, clean and had a kettle for tea or coffee which is a detail I appreciate in hotels.
Breakfast is good. You have a good choice and you can order warm dishes with the waiter as well. When checking out, my bill was missing the breakfast, I told the receptionist who said that it was all right and didn't need to pay for it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a great hotel right in the heart of Dublin City. Ideally located for Temple Bar and Grafton Street. We had a lovely time. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are well furnished and equipped. Best of all they are exceptionally clean and the housekeeping staff do a great job.
We had a free upgrade on arrival. Bottled water and tea, coffee etc is re stocked every day.
The restaurant is priced the same as any local establishment. The food was good, the breakfast, both continental and full Irish was really nice.
The concierge is a really nice gentleman who took time to chat and remember our names.
We were there for 4 days and will be returning later this year. You can't see that much of Dublin in 4 days but we visited the Zoo, Kilmainham Gaol and numerous bars. Would recommend the Green hop on hop off tour bus. You get the second day free.
Temple Bar itself was great. Lovely atmosphere, both day and night. Lots of different nationalities all enjoying themselves. Live music in most traditional bars.

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade. We didn't even have to ask.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple