“Return trip matched the first visit”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just spent two weekend nights here after previously staying here 7 years earlier. Nothing has changed. Still great service - efficient, friendly checkin (bags held until rooms ready as we arrived early), concierge made pointed effort to learn all our names; comfortable rooms. The location is why I originally stayed at the Brooks and why I returned. It's extremely central to everything but on a quiet side street that made for no late night disturbances. My first visit we used the hop on/hop off bus to get around. This trip we took cabs part of the first day but quickly realized we could walk to most places we wanted to visit. It gave us a much better feel of Dublin. We would not hesitate to return or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bkbmom
Write a ReviewReviews (2,402)

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great location and rather easy to find. The hotel staff is great, many of them remembered our name (we were only there 3 nights). Worth the price if you are looking in this range. Rooms were a bit same, but clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin m
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel this month for 2 nights. We booked the hotel because of its location, it is right beside a Bikram Yoga Studio and in a great area of Dublin. Check in was very efficient and friendly and although we stayed during a very busy period in Dublin I never saw a queue at reception. We had booked a deluxe king room and we were allocated room 215. This is near the back of the hotel and away from the lift which suited us perfectly but would not suit anyone who wanted a view.

The room was nicely decorated and I was pleasantly surprised that the bathroom had a separate shower and bath. There were plenty of towels and toiletries and they also provided extra towels when we needed very quickly. There was one bathrobe in the room upon arrival and when I requested a further robe it was also brought to the room quickly. The bed was excellent and we both slept very soundly, they have a pillow menu so a good nights sleep is obviously something they are keen to promote. A turndown service is provided and they leave a small chocolate on your pillow. Storage space was good and the room has a iron and ironing board.

Two small bottles of mineral water were supplied daily. A great feature was the fact that the mini-bar is empty upon your arrival and you have the choice to have it stocked or you can leave it empty for your own use. Although the fridge is small it did mean that we could keep any drinks that we bought cool. There was a kettle and selection of tea and coffee.

The room had a flat screen TV but the signal quality was not great and some channels were not available. A digital radio was in the room but we never used and a DVD player was also available which we never used. You can rent DVDs from a local rental store and they will deliver to your room. The hairdryer was not great and my wife would recommend any female visitors to bring their own hairdryer. There were 2 plug sockets near the mirror and the room also had a European and USA plug socket which I thought was a great idea.

We had booked a room only rate but decided to have breakfast in the hotel and they only charged ten euro per person which I thought was great. Breakfast was excellent and I recommend that if you have a room only deal that you ask reception if they can offer you a discount on the normal breakfast rate. We also had dinner in the restaurant and this was very good and although the dining room was quiet this suited us perfectly.

The best thing about the hotel, however, is the staff. They are extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone says hello as you are going past and the staff even take the time to stop and have a chat to ask how your day is going. If I was rating the hotel just on the facilities I would be giving it a 4 out of 5 but the staff make this a 5. I have already booked for another trip at the end of May. Well done Brooks!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Toe-Knee
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great location , ( with parking across the street ) , super friendly staff , rooms very comfortable .. best value Dublin city center hotel I have visited for some time, highly recommended .walking distance to a great variety of bars , restaurants , shops ...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tommy G
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the weekend of the 22nd feb! Arrived early & our room was ready. We were upgraded to a deluxe room (303) it was amazing, so nicely decorated and it was the little extras that made it - pillow menu, water, bathrobes & the old style radio playing! We were very impressed... Breakfast ran until 11.30 and we enjoyed it! We were only there one night and our plans were to head out with friends so we didn't get to experience the room or bar enough. Thank you to Lesley for booking the room you were great! We will definitely be returning for more than one night next time.

Diane :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The city centre location is just perfect here. Although it's never going to be peace and quiet outside, the hotel operation itself is so well organised that you can't fail to find it relaxing. Check in was really friendly, informative and efficient. Room was spotlessly clean and quite modern with good wifi. When I requested feather free pillows etc within minutes housekeeping had attended to this. I didn't have to rise early so left the do not disturb on the door, slept until 11.15 am without any disturbance. I'll definitely be returning here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2014

After having everything, I had no idea what to ask for as a birthday present and got a bee in my bonnet about going to Dublin! We arrived late Friday night and stayed at a nearby airport hotel and checked into Brooks hotel Saturday 1st March.
We got the bus from the Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport to O'Connell's street for 2.60 euros each which I thought was a great price considering we had been quotes around 30 euros for a taxi. The walk took about 15 minutes but would be quicker next time as we would know where we were heading!
Checked in before check in time and unfortunately our room wasn't ready, but hey hey ho, we thought we would try on the off chance that it would be ready...but no worries, we went for a wander round Trinity College and I may have found A&F very close by!
Returned about 3:30 and the room was ready and oh my wow, it was absolutely beautiful. I know it was emailed ahead that it was my birthday but I think that we got an upgrade and the room and bathroom was huuge! the décor was right up my street, was just gorgeous!
There was lovely mirrored furniture, a very large bed and all the additional bits and bobs complemented the room brilliantly, to be fair, I didn't want to leave the room to go to the Leprechaun museum! Woop!
About 10 minutes of being in the room, 2 staff members brought up cupcakes and a Happy Birthday letter which was so so sweet! The cupcakes were super yummy!
Anyways...other fabulous features included: The White Company bubble bath etc (and lots of it!), a pillow menu with 4 different pillows to choose from, a turn down service and they popped little mints on the pillow and a 12 o'clock check out!
Very close to places like Temple Bar, the Leprechaun museum, shops, bars (theres a great cocktail bar/nightclub right near the hotel called Capitol which does all cocktails, all day, every day for 5 euros) and a walk to Dublin castle and the Guinness Storehouse is about 20 minutes.
I slept amazingly and the staff again wished me a very Happy Birthday weekend.
Overall, I cannot wait to come back, the hotel and staff made my birthday weekend so special, was just perfect...definitely book here, its just beautiful. Thank you very much Brooks hotel <3 xx

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo