“Great hotel but with one drawback.”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #10 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Booked a one night stay for myself and my husband. We stayed on a Saturday night in a deluxe room with Breakfast. The hotel site gave quite good instructions to find it as it is a city centre hotel. We arrived to a very warm welcome and the hotel had an immediate feel of comfort and very tastefully decorated. Our room was lovely again very warm and welcoming and very clean. However our stay did have one drawback and I review this not so much as a complaint but more to make people aware before they go and book. The hotel itself has no parking facilities but according to the website there is multi storey carpark directly opposite hotel in which guests can park - the hotel states that they have negotiated rates for hotel guests. We arrived approx 3pm to a sign on front of carpark saying it was full. I rang the hotel to explain this and they informed me that there were other carparks nearby. Ok if you only have a wheely bag (or if its not lashing rain). After driving round the one way system deciding what to do we opted to go into the carpark and wait to see if a car would leave, we got a space about 20 mins later, a bit annoying but heyho we are not on a clock. However the most annoying part was finding out when entering the hotel that there is actually no negotiated rate and the fact that we parked the car in there before 5.30pm we were charged the weekend rate even though we were only staying one night. It cost 15.00 euros which I have to admit made me mad paying that on top of 229.00 for the hotel. Also be aware if you do stay Saturday night and park in there the carpark does,nt open until 11.00am so if you needed to leave early youre snookered. Still had a lovely night in this hotel it really is lovely but could have done without the extra expense for parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AN14

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We enjoyed this hotel mostly because of its location. It is close to Trinity College, scores of pubs, nice shops, and cafes and restaurants.

The room windows open so you can easily get fresh air, there is a safe in the room, and ample closet space.

The staff was efficient, friendly, and always available to assist us. We eschewed the hotel breakfast because of the price. There are many coffee/breakfast choices available near the hotel.

Just down the street there is a great "slow" food place called Blazing Salads that has excellent organic salads, main dishes, and desserts; they serve coffee and tea, too. The Thomas Brown department store is close, as is a great pen store. Trinity Bar area is nearby too.

I'd stay at the Brooks again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeicaPan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Was delighted with our stay in this hotel. My wife and I stayed on a Saturday night and could not fault it. The rooms are very comfortable and the decor is nice. The bed is very comforatble and they have a pillow menu if you like the option. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean.

The bar for pre-dinner drinks though is a wonderful location providing a relaxing comfortable experience. The piano playing in the foyet is just superb and the seating is wonderful.

The location is excellent for exploring the plush Grafton street area, but the experience of this hotel is wonderful

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JohnJosephB14
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Good reception greeting on arrival with a free upgrade. The room was huge and really comfy beds, loved the pillow menu but didnt use it as mine were fine.
Bottle water in the room was useful and so was the trouser press but no iron. Breakfast was a bit hit and miss, it took ages for the waitress to come over so I had to go adn find her after 10 minutes to get a coffee and order my full irish, the poached eggs were over done but it was all nice and loved the banana bread and irish scones.
great location for central Dublin

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Connor the Doorman welcomes you and becomes your personal guide. We stayed here last year, and have stayed at other hotels in Dublin. We will not stay anywhere else when we go back! Rooms are adorable, they give you a pillow selection form to fill out, turn down service includes chocolate and the location cannot be beat. Centrally located, short walk in any direction takes you to anywhere you want to go. The breakfast is decent, many choices and pastry buffet is ample. We took advantage of a whiskey tasting at the bar, and it was wonderful. We have tried many Irish whiskeys, but were introduced to a few that we had never heard of. The whiskey sommelier, whose name I cannot remember, was very informative and humourous. We love this place....and the Hairy Lemon is just a few steps from the front door!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I think this is a perfectly lovely hotel. The check in was efficient and friendly and the clerk and the concierge (Marvin) were both incredibly helpful. The location is really convenient for Temple Bar and the area is very pleasant with shops and restaurants of all types in the vicinity.

My room was very attractive with a large bed and comfortable chairs. The standard of cleanliness was excellent and the bathroom had a large and powerful shower and White Company toiletries which smelt really nice. The only thing I'd have liked but didn't have would be a more powerful hairdryer. I slept really well and there was very little noise or disturbance. I liked the man coming around in the evening with chocolate to check everything is alright. I thought that was a lovely touch.

The breakfast was good, plentiful and with one of the best fresh cooked breakfasts I've had in a while. I love it when everything is done to order.

I think I would definitely stay here again on a future visit to Dublin.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just spent two weekend nights here after previously staying here 7 years earlier. Nothing has changed. Still great service - efficient, friendly checkin (bags held until rooms ready as we arrived early), concierge made pointed effort to learn all our names; comfortable rooms. The location is why I originally stayed at the Brooks and why I returned. It's extremely central to everything but on a quiet side street that made for no late night disturbances. My first visit we used the hop on/hop off bus to get around. This trip we took cabs part of the first day but quickly realized we could walk to most places we wanted to visit. It gave us a much better feel of Dublin. We would not hesitate to return or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family