“Agree with all other Reviews CONOR is fabulous!!”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #9 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Agree with all other Reviews CONOR is fabulous!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

2nd stay at Brooks Hotel Dublin June 2014 and just a great as 1st stay in April 2012. Staff could not do more to extend a great welcome. Concierge Conor stands out - warm, friendly, - a great character and ambassador to the hotel and Dublin. HIGHLY recommend - right in the heart of Dublin, walking distance to everything you are likely to want to see.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Hebrew first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful location right in the centre of the shopping area, surrounded by good bars and restaurants. The staff on reception and the doorman could not have been friendlier and more helpful.
I checked in early because I'd had a morning flight and they found a room for me very quickly, although the website says 2 pm got check in.
The room was fine, not out of the ordinary, not massive but room for the furniture including a large bed, comfy chair and table and a dressing table and chair. The bath was a little on the small side, the toiletries were from the White Company so lovely, not cheap!
All in all a great stay and I will definitely return,

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
vancouver
Reviewed 4 July 2014

You probably cannot find better location in Dublin. Just off the busy streets. Walk to everything . Temple Bar for noise and action, 8 mins. ! Lots of good restaurants very close. The hotel- spotless, great reception area hosted by professional , kind and helpful staff. Connor, the lobby ambassador, is a great resource and a go to guy for taxies, restaurants and the like.Our room was very spacious with good bed, toiletries, and seating area. Unfortunately, a slight glitch with the AC resulted in an example of how the staff handle customer service. Within 10 minutes , two staff, Zolton and Shawn, helped us relocate to another room literally carrying our toothbrushes and all in what had to be record time!
Somebody has set a very high bar for service and later that evening I think I found that person circulating the lobby and bar area, welcoming guests . What impressed me was she did not announce her position as hotel manager, but introduced herself as Ann and sincerely inquired about our travel plans and home country. Have travelled extensively and usually find management invisible . Good touch and I hope the ownership group acknowledge her accordingly. No, I'm not a relative! Actually was at curbside when we departed with hugs and dining suggestions in our next destination.
Great breakfast room with no shortage of efficient staff.
When in Dubin, do the Brooks.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the breakfast package.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank opus11
Maine
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from a much-too brief first trip to Ireland. I enjoy planning our journeys, but I didn't have time to plan this quick trip myself and relied on Exploring Ireland which booked us at The Brooks for our first and last nights. This is a delightful hotel which is perfectly located and convenient for walking to all of the sites in Dublin. It has features of the boutique, luxury hotel that it is (e.g. pillow menu, turn-down service, complimentary bottled water, a residents' lounge), but is also warm and friendly.

My primary reason for writing this review is to give a shout-out to the amazing concierge Conor O'Connell. He is the kind of person who can "make" any business. He makes you feel so welcome and comfortable. He appears to make a point of remembering names of all the guests, even when you return to the hotel days later. He is ready with tips and advice.

When we return to Dublin, we will book again at the Brooks Hotel.

Room Tip: We were in Room 601 on our first night and were booked in the same room for our return trip several...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MaineJane64
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel has the best customer service I have ever experienced. On arrival, as well as all during our stay, they could not do enough for us. I had some concern over my room shortly after arrival because the view wasn't great - the manager was up in a flash to talk to me and give me options. I ended up staying in my room and was quite happy with it. The breakfast was great, a wide selection of buffet as well as items from the kitchen. Their porridge with cream and whiskey was out of this world. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again. The views are not particularly good, because of its location, but if you're not looking for a view (why would you in Dublin), this is the absolutely best place to be - short walk to Trinity College and shopping, yet not boisterous as in the Temple Bar area. Was quite sad to leave Dublin, in part because I didn't want to leave the hotel - really superb!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tink2014123
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 June 2014

All I heard were great comments from the 13 people in our group. This was our first trip to Dublin and most were very tired after arriving from the US. We were able to get a couple of rooms to check in early so some could rest, but they also had a nice room in a lower level with couches you could take a quick nap in that was secure. The location was great, rooms and service excellent. The only thing I wish is that we had stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Strangnas, Sweden
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have stayed at Brooks Hotel in Dublin at least 10 times. It has the perfect location downtown with walking distance to almost everything. When you arrive at the hotel there is a very welcoming atmosphere. The staff is the best, our favourite is their concierge Connor, the most helpful guy in the world and he makes sure that you have a nice stay.
The bar is a very relaxing area in the hotel and they serve snacks and light meals. The bartenders are often giving us tips on how to make a certain drink when at home again. In the restaurant they serve delicious meals using local products (for example from the Dublin Bay area).
The rooms are quiet and clean. maybe not the biggest but big enough since we do not spend so much time in the room during our stays. If you come to Dublin a busy weekend (for example Arthur Guinness Day) you should ask for a room away from the street since it can be noisy then, but most of the times it is very quiet.
Their Irish breakfast is tasty and has everything you need. It is a trifle, but I will write it anyway; we always ask for stronger coffee than the ordinary served. I think that is the only negative thing I can come up with!
Brooks might not be the cheapest hotel, but I do not think that you will be dissapointed if you decide to stay there!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple