“Everything you need & more”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I thought this hotel was fantastic. From the minute we walked in we were greeted by the charming staff, and we were very happy when we saw our room- spacious, modern, comfortable and with all amenities including free internet access, very comfy bed, air conditioning, flat screen tv, and a great shower. The location is bang in the centre of town, but we were not disturbed by outside noise at all. My partner and I actually live in Dublin and stayed here with my family when they came to visit. All of us were delighted with this hotel and I will be recommending it to everyone that stays here from now on.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,403)

Reviewed 1 February 2011

If you are going to Ireland, definitely stay here! The Brooks hotel had a comfortable luxury that is hard to find when traveling overseas. We got a great deal on the price and were happy with everything. The room is very comfortable and the bathroom meets all needs. The breakfast in the morning is delicious and has much variety.

The staff showed us great hospitality and welcomed us warmly. Some perks of the hotel are is superb location, its fitness center, and the cozy library in the basement. My husband and I walked to all tourists sites and it was an easy taxi to the airport. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Dublin!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I had a two-night stay. We found the reception staff very friendly on arrival. The rooms were stylish and spotless. Our one major gripe would be the food. I don't know whether it was just a bad week but the food for breakfast and particularly dinner was wildly overpriced and sub-standard. We both had fish (hake) and the portions were tiny. And they have the audacity to charge 20 euro for this (per head, with fries extra). Also, at 20 euro, the Irish breakfast (without toast or tea/coffee) is outrageously priced. Rooms are very comfortable though. Just don't eat there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I stayed one night for a function in Dublin city centre. Hotel in great location with parking directly across from front door. I was very tired and under time pressure on arrival, it was lovely to have warm welcome from very pleasant and helpful Receptionist. Swift check in. Room (double) was very clean, well equipped and the bed was very comfortable. Hotel was quiet and I had undisturbed sleep. Receptionist & Concierge were very helpful and pleasant when I was leaving.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for a leisure or business stay in Dublin, it provides that extra hospitality that can be lacking in some city hotels.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Arrived at 10 AM in the morning. Our room was ready so no waiting required. We stayed for 4 nights (16-20 Dec. 2010). We were on the sixth floor. Room was quiet, and had a pretty nice view over the top of the adjacent parking deck, towards Dublin castle in the distance.
Room was a little small for two people with lots of luggage. This is the way it is in most of Europe and was not a serious problem for us.
The hotel is in a great location. There are lots of pubs and restaurants nearby, and many of Dublin's tourist attractions are nearby.
Hotel had a business room that guests could use for free. I used it every morning to check email and confirm onward flights.
The hotel staff are extremely courteous, and would bend over backwards to take care of guests needs (we had several).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I booked this hotel for three nights with a deal through the hotel themselves, it was for a surprise for my partner and we were not disappointed. We are a young couple in our twenties and found the location perfect. Walking to all the attractions was very easy, and there are some lovely restaurants and bars incredibly close to the hotel, meaning we were easily able to enjoy Dublin's nightlife. The shopping is fantastic and about five minutes away from the hotel. Our room was very clean with a huge bed and lovely bathroom, even though it was a small room (the classic room), we needed nothing more! We had breakfast included in our deal and this was fantastic also, there is a continental buffet and also cooked breakfast if you wish. We sampled both and were impressed with it all. The Jasmine bar was lovely to come back to for a final quiet drink before heading up to the room, (ours was on the fifth floor) where we heard no noise from the street below during the night. I would absolutely recommend the Brooks Hotel and we look forward to heading back there as soon as we can!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Arrived here at 8.30 in morning after travelling overnight from New York. We were very tired and the receptionist got us coffee while they got a room ready for us. The room was lovely and the hotel was very peaceful. The staff could not have been more helpful. I will definately come back again as once we had recovered we were able to enjoy the Temple Bar area which is very close by!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple