“Buswells has the buzz!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Buswells has the buzz!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Another fabulous experience at Buswells - the second time this year. It is a busy, yet very well appointed and staffed hotel, with an excellent location.

I was staying last week as part of a family reunion. Eight members of my family stayed including one elderly person and two children. All were catered for fantastically. The accommodation, bar (great buzz!) and staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble. It is also great value for money!

The only criticism is the WiFi system which gives the front of house staff and customers alike headaches due to frustration of usage - it needs to be modernised. I do urge management to take this in hand.

Thanks to the Buswells staff for a fabulous few days, especially Patrick and the bar staff who could not have been more helpful. As a Dubliner born and bred, I am proud to recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: 97 and 98 are very comfortable and quiet as they are in the back, with king-sized beds.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Squirrelfan
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you Squirrelfan for your lovely review. I am delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us last week.

It is a pleasure to read how impressed you were with our staff, especially Patrick and our bar staff.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you and your family to Dublin and Buswells Hotel again in the near future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Thai first
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed there just for one night, the staff are friendly and helpful, reception area is nice with an old fashion atmosphere, they have free wi-fi and free night parking, the location is great, Stephen´s green is just a couple of blocks away and lots of pubs and shopping nearby. Rooms are small but have everything you need, and this is Europe, no big rooms almost anywhere. Beds are comfy and clean and we enjoyed a very quiet night. It has some issues like old and ripen curtains in the bathroom that needs attention but I still think is a great option because of its location and if you reserve ahead of time the value - cost is perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Iliana70 for your wonderful review follwoing your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is so great - you are in the centre of so many things and all within walking distance.
I hope you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

PORTLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

True, it's bit rough around the edges (if you are picky about uber-modern American hotels), but this is Dublin. It's an old place that has true character (including multiple levels on a given floor). It's obviously seen multiple additions over the many years... and I believe it's one of the oldest in Dublin.

It has a warm and old-fashioned lobby with a large bar off the side and a dining area in the back (for breakfasts). The breakfast (included) had a lot, including the ability to order most anything you wanted.

As for rooms, the ones along the back corridors are quiet but have no view. The rooms along the front look down on the street and can be noisy... but we didn't think badly so (and we stayed in two different rooms on two different dates). This hotel was part of our Rick Steves tour of Ireland (start and finish). It's right in the heart of the city - easy walking distance to everything.

The rooms were adequately sized with full bathroom (including tub). Each also had a small safe.

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful, and the free Wi-Fi in the rooms worked well.

1 Thank MARK K
Boink, thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stays with us last month and enjoyed our old world feeling.
I hope you enjoyed your trip to Ireland and I hope we will see you again sometime soon.

Camden, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed our first two nights in Ireland at Buswells (two adults and 14 year old). We arrived at 9 in the morning and we were pleasantly surprised that our room was available for check-in. You can't beat the convenient location with easy walk to the museums, shopping, and restaurants. The staff were friendly and the concierge went above and beyond to assist us with a car rental problem.

The average rating is due to the room which was too small for 3 people and the noise level. There was no air conditioning in the room so we opened the windows. Unfortunately, there was a loud mechanical unit outside that kept us from having a restful sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mainer321
Thank you Mainer321 for taking the time to post this review following your recent with us at Buswells Hotel.
I am delighted to read that you could accommodate you on your early arrival and that you found our location so great for your trip to Dublin. However, it is disappointing to read that our accommodations did not live up to your expectations.
It is was especially nice to read how impressed you were with our staff and in particular our concierge.
I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you to Buswells Hotel again in the near future.

Albany, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Room was great. Bed was great. Service was great. Breakfast was over the top.
My only gripe is city parking... any city. This hotel does not have it's own lot, but rather an agreement with the parking structure around the corner and in back. It's just a little more trouble and distance to lug the suitcase/bags. It is directly across the street from government offices that attract protestors. One set of protestors was there in the am; a different cause was there in the afternoon. All in all, most interesting! Location! An easy walk to just about everything. I spent two nights and was very pleased it had been recommended to me!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Panicali, thank you for your review following your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Dublin.
We are so lucky with our location but one drawback is the car parking in the city centre. As you correctly mention, we have an arrangement with a local mutli storey car park which is within 3 minutes walk.
It is great to read that the protests outside our government building did not put you off and you hope to welcome you again in the future.

Carleton Place, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

Recently, my wife and I stayed for several days at Buswells Hotel in Dublin. We found it to be very comfortable and convenient, in the central area of the downtown. Parking is available in a commercial parking garage one street away. Buswells will give you a coupon for overnight parking; however you should know that the parking fees are expensive, for any hours beyond that. On-street parking very scarce.

The reception staff had widely varying attitudes to guests, from friendly and helpful to what I will politely describe as "Parisian". It all depended on who you got.

Things we liked about the hotel: the very comfortable public areas and bar where you can spend time outside of your room; free wireless; an excellent breakfast; the hotel and street are very quiet at night making for good sleeping.

If we're ever back in Dublin, we would definitely stay at Buswells again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you JubiladoSteve for your recent review following your stay with us.

It is great to read you enjoyed your stay and made use of the lovely sofas and chairs in our bar and lounge area.
I am very disappointed to read of the issues you experienced with some of our reception staff and I would like to offer you my sincere apologies. This is not the standard that we expect our guests to receive and we are currently addressing this serious issue with our staff.

I would ask you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss these issues.

Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me so that we can discuss things further.

Hannover, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

The hotel is in a great location... We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go! The room was very comfortable, and spacious. We had issues with some of the staff. It seemed like a few of the staff were quite rude to my husband and I. It maybe because we were much younger than the median age group. Overall we truly enjoyed our stay in Dublin!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Amylynne R for taking the time to post this review following your recent stay with us at Buswells Hotel. I am delighted that our location was perfect for your stay.

I am disappointed at the service you received whilst staying with us and I would ask you to contact me directly as I would like to resolve these issues.

Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me so that we can discuss this issue.

Kind regards.