“Great hotel near Grafton St Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Buswells Hotel

Buswells Hotel
Ranked #24 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Waterford, Ireland
“Great hotel near Grafton St Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Had few nights in this fab hotel which has great location near Shops, Temple Bar & some lovely restaurant. The staff at Buswells are helpful&friendly, nice bar & warm rooms also- highly recommend here.r

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Noreen N, thank you for taking the time to post this review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location and our friendly team could add to your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Thai first
Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for a 5 day visit with my partner. What a lovely hotel. If you want charm, professionalism , good service and a hotel with character then Buswells Hotel is for you. We stayed in room 98, a spacious room with a king sized bed , large bathroom and every home comfort.
The bar was busy and served excellent food and drinks. The bar staff were professional and friendly. I would like to mention Phillip , the young waiter ,whose professionalism was exemplary.

We loved this hotel and would not hesitate in visiting again.

Room Tip: Try to get room 97 or 98, good location.
1 Thank CaerphillyWorthy
Thank you CaerphillyWorthy for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us at Buswells Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with our old world charm and our friendly staff.

I hope to welcome you to Buswells Hotel in the near future.

Epsom, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel, very comfortable, beautifully appointed, right opposite the Irish parliament building and it was very reasonable, much more so than most large hotels in Dublin. Breakfast was fine and the rooms were very good. We will certainly return

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank englishmarilyn
Dear Englishmarilyn,

Thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us recently. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you to Buswells Hotel on your next visit to Dublin.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I chose Buswells because I wanted something very close to Grafton street but also a single room for a reasonable price. This place was great. A rally nice location and easy to find. As you would expect of most single rooms, it was compact yet enough space for my luggage and shopping and a decent sized bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. I had no view at all to speak of but it didn't matter as I wasn't spending much time in their anyway. My room was ready quite early which was great and check in was swift.

The only gripe I have about the hotel mirrors other peoples comments: the hot water. There is a notice on the shower saying that due to the structure of the hotel, the shower needs to run for a bit to heat up. So I waited ... And waited ... And waited. And still it remained luke warm. Oddly the hot water taps for the bath was piping so I had a bath but this really sorting out.

Overall it was perfectly pleasant, nothing flash but clean and comfortable and a super spot in the city.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear BrisbaneSam,
Many thanks for your recent review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our great location.

We appreciate all comments (good and bad) as it enable us to improve on our product and service offering. I do apologise for the plumbing issues you encountered and have had this room checked to ensure it does not happen again.

I hope that your return journey to Brisbane was a pleasant one and that you make a return visit to Dublin in the not too distant future.

Leitrim, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Buswells is in a fantastic location, close to great restaurants, shopping and bars. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. So much nicer than the larger hotels which can be a little bit impersonal. Beautiful lobby and bar area..

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are a little quieter..
1 Thank Diane C
Diane C, thank you for taking the time to post your comments from your recent stay at Buswells Hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is in a great location, right opposite the Parliament buildings. The staff are super-friendly and helpful, the hotel is warm, clean and a real home-from-home. Not the most high quality in decor and finish, but don't let that put you off for a minute. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Jane C for your wonderful review following your short break with us recently and I am delighted you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

I hope it won't be too long before you return to Buswells Hotel.

Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Generally excellent - great staff, location, atmosphere and very comfortable. I have just one very minor criticism: as a vegetarian I found the half egg cup serving of beans with my breakfast less than filling. Perhaps the bean counter was just having a bad day!

John C.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 848J0hn_C
Dear 848J0hn-C,

Thank you for your lovely comments on the hotel and our great staff and location. I have passed your comments regarding our portion size of beans to our Head Chef. I will ensure that the bean counter will be in top form on your next visit.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Buswells Hotel in the near future,