“The Morgan-GREAT!!!”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #40 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Although the rooms were a bit small, this hotel has wonderful character! The staff were very helpful and provided us with an outlet adapter when mine broke. The location of this modern hotel is right in the middle of Dublin and close to Temple Bar. My husband and I went for our first anniversary and had a wonderful dinner at The Old Mill down the street. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, we had a bit of alley noise, however, it didn't disturb our va...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2013

On arrival I was upgraded to a suite, but on entering the room I soon found out why! This was in what I assume is the original part of the hotel, which is now looking shabby & has no air con. In the middle of a heatwave the temperature in the suite was unbearable, compounded by the fact that the windows couldn't be left open due to the late night noise on Temple Bar. However, after complaining I was told that although the hotel was fully booked that night, I would be moved the next day. This was dealt with very proferssionally & my second room was in the newer wing at the rear of the hotel, which was in a different league......pristine, well furnished, & air conditioned! I have tried to grade bearing both rooms in mind, hence the "average" ratings.

Room Tip: Specify one of the newer rooms at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed for 7 nights in the heat wave had to upgrade to room with air cond smaller rooms very hot was cooler outside our new room on other side of building was gorgeous cooler and lot quieter the staff where very helpful always wanting to help a special thankyou to Rachel who was gorgeous Kathy and Kevin

Room Tip: Rooms south side quieter air conditioned and a little bigger
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Started off in a small room on the loud street side of the building with no a/c. Asked to be moved to a more quiet location, front desk said for 20 euro/night we could get a bigger room with a/c, done! Bigger room with a/c was great, nice and quiet, great sleeps. Front desk lady moved our bags to the new room. Great stay. Ask for the back of the hotel, much quieter and away from loud Fleet St.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Spicy_O hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Thank you for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. Delighted that you upgraded to one of our deluxe rooms. The location we have is second to none in the exact heart of Temple Bar and all it's wildlife and adventures. I saw a list a while back of 20 things to do before you die and Temple Bar was number 6 on this list. Amazing how busy and how many people come to experience this. Amazing. At the Morgan we have 121 uniquely design induced rooms of all shapes and sizes. Upgrades are always availavble and thats excellent you availed of this. Ireland just went through the hottest / warmest month in over twenty five years. They will be talking of " The Summer of 2013 " for years to come. I'm suprised that I haven't seen tshirts yet. Well Spicy_O thank you once again for taking time out and thinking of us, and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Reviewed 28 July 2013

A gem of a hotel. Super nice staff, the receptionist even went so far as to print out a google streetview map of the place I was going to walk to, how very helpful! Had a room overlooking a quiet backstreet, which was good except there was still some very loud ventilation noise outside so windows open was not an option. Ear plugs were offered as part of the toiletries in the bathroom, and came in handy for a good nights sleep. Centrally located for the best and worst of Temple Bar amusements, this is a chic hotel that is very friendly and make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over quiet back street with high floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Hi Ladywithbaby I hope this email finds you well and all. Thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. True, our location is second to none. Smack Bang in the exact heart of Dublins Temple Bar along with all it's wildlife and adventures. People from all over the planet come to experience this and take part in the festivities. A must do. What really sets us above the rest though is our super friendly, hip and cool staff. The best in the country full stop. Thank you for the compliments towards them, I will forward them on with pride. In everyone of our 121 funked up design induced rooms at the Morgan we offer ear plugs as a hotel standard. Most people never use them I find, but being in the heart ( aorta ) of Temple Bar even the lightest of sleepers may rest assured. Ladywithbaby thank you again for taking time out and thinking of us, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Take care

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed here during the week. Nice hotel, cool lift, very different. However when we reached the third floor, we were met with an intense unbearable heat!!! Couldn't sleep because this, very uncomfortable. It was raining outside all day and quite cool. I don't know how guests had stayed here during the recent heatwave!!! Staff had put fans in the main corridor 3rd floor and we also had one in our room. This had no use whatsoever! ///// Rooms are also very small!!! 4 star it ain't!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Hi KieranMurray1982 I hope this email finds you well and all. Thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. It really is Amazing the heatwave that just hit this country. The hottest / warmest most humid the country has been in over 25 years. It's not prepared for it and I'm really sorry that this effected your stay in a negative way. It's like when the snow hit us two years ago. Dublin came to a stand still. Thank you for the kind comments towards our staff and coolness throughout the hotel. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on being in Dublin and I would very much like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our Designer Suites or King Size Delux rooms so we can start over and be friends. I look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you once again

Reviewed 27 July 2013

If you want to enjoy the Temple bar district at night, this is the hotel for you. Visit the bars, meet people from all over the world (mostly except Ireland), and have the bed come up to meet you - instead of the road. If don´t know what Temple bar district is - or maby are not tempted by it - go somewhere else. You will hear people outside partying all night long - so be prepared to join in.
And when they go to sleep, the street cleaners and goods transport start.You can of course close the windows, but as there is no aircondition, you will not want to - at least during summer.
Friendly staff, clean rooms, central location, parking across the streed (buy a package to get discount), full breakfast (you have to book per day per person - or buy a vochure on site).
Strange interior decoration - you either like it, or you don´t. I didn´t - it looks like the interior of a Prince video from the eighties (I can think of worse things to compare it to - but this is a family site).

Room Tip: As far away from Fleet street as possible if you are sober and want to sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family