“Excellent location with a great vibe”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #39 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Just back from a 2 night romantic break in the Morgan Hotel. It was a great choice for us not just because of the location but because of the service of all the staff in the hotel and the great atmosphere / vibe that no doubt everyone has worked hard to create and maintain in the hotel. There are so many cool parts to the hotel to just chill out & relax. The positives for me included the use of the pool at Crunch Fitness, the excellent value of the Social hours promotion (great drink and tapas prices) & the overall décor of the hotel. I would have liked to give a 5 star rating but the room we stayed in let me down. It was room 405 and this room should be a single room and not a double. It was very small and we could barely move in the room. I had expected a larger room as I had previously stayed in their sister hotel The Beacon where our room was amazing. That said it was beautifully decorated and very clean. I will def return to the hotel but look for a room with A/C and pay the extra for a suite. Great Americano too !

Room Tip: Upgrade your room from a standard double!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Morgan is in the very centre of Dublin. Temple bar area has restaurants and bars. Lots of music!! Hotel is quirky in design. We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. Not all rooms have air con. We found Sat night to be quite noisy. That said we would have no hesitation in returning if price right!!
Breakfast was good. Only criticism was that I like a soft sunny side up egg for breakfast. The eggs were cooked in advance and kept warm. On the three days we stayed there the eggs had been left tpp long and were hard!

Room Tip: Check if room has air con.We were in room 217. Lovely room with balcony but no Air Con and noisy on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dmillar12 Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Dmillar, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. It really is Amazing our location isn't it. Smack bang in the heart of Temple Bar and all it's wildlife and surroundings. There is Music every ten feet I think, something for everyone. At the Morgan we have a quirkyness factor of eleven really. The famous Morgan Vibe runs through every nano inch of the hotel creating an experience / funked up / relaxed / chilled out journey that keeps everyone coming back for more. They love it and want some and we give it to them. I have passed on your comments regarding the " eggs " to our kitchen department, and they'll get cracking on that immediately Lol. Thank you for the feedback. Dmillar12 please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you are thinking of coming back to Dublin. I would very much like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our designer suites with all the Vip treatment. It's nice to be nice to the nice. I look forward to hearing from you soon and to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Enjoy the surf

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Very friendly and attentive staff. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel for future Dublin trips. The location is in the centre of the tourist area and many attractions are in easy walking distance. The mini-bar in the room is expensive but I haven't found a hotel yet that doesn't have an expensive mini-bar.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kingo050
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Kingo050 hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Kingo050 thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. Excellent short and sweet review. It's nice to be nice to the nice. It's Amazing our location isn't it. The exact heart of the action and all it's wildlife. People from all over this planet come to experience this first hand and I'm delighted that you got involved. I'm pretty sure that minibars in hotels world wide are expensive. I also find that they are all they same really. Well, at the Morgan even our Minibars are funked up. They are filled with different tasty treats and drinks one wouldnt dream of or find locally. It's all about the Vibe. Kingo050, thank you once again for the kind words, and I hope to welcome you back sooner than later. Enjoy your summer

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed our last two nights in Ireland at The Morgan based on the reviews in TripAdvisor. Again, the advise was spot on. I booked a suite and was assigned a fourth floor rear suite. Ireland was experiencing a heat wave for the last three weeks and everyone was complaining about no AC. Heat wave? 80F? That's the morning low in Texas so were were quite comfortable. We slept with the windows open and had a short, but amusing, singing outside the first night, but nothing to complain about. The rooms come with tea and instant coffee and, inasmuch as I bring my own blend, I requested a coffee pot or french press when we checked in. I was told that they did not have one, so concluded that I was have to suffer. To my surprise, when we return from our initial stroll scoping out the area, the manager (Edward Sweeney) apparently had sent out staff and acquired a two cup press just for our room. Much appreciated and we were not expecting this over-the-top courtesy. THANK YOU! The hotel is indeed modern and the bar appears to attract the higher-end clients not looking for the traditional tourist music so prevalent in the area. Security personnel discourage panhandlers and internet was trouble free. All-in-all, we would definitely stay here again, mainly for the top notch service, perfect location, security, and comfort. Larry & Kelly, Georgetown, Texas

Room Tip: Spring for a suite on the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

RoseAlee good morning to you, and I hope this email finds you well. What a great review, thank you. It's so true with the heat wave we just went through. This country isn't ready or prepared for temperatures like that. That my friend was the hottest / warmest most humid that the Irish have seen since the early Seventies Lol. Coffee is one of the most important things in my life. I couldn't picture starting my day without it. When we spoke about your love for coffee, getting you the two cup coffee press was something that needed to be done. Coffee lovers need to work together Lol. Thank you for the Super cool and hip comments regarding our world famous Morgan Bar. It is indeed the coolest , hippest, trendiest most popular spot in town with our Morgan Vibe on offer that has the whole country talking about us. Top end Dj's jamming with our musicians ( drummers, saxaphone, violin ) creating a cool funked up atmosphere surrounding every nano inch of the Hotel. Very Cool indeed. The suites on the 4th floor are amazing aren't they. Everyone loves them and comes back for more. There are 121 rooms at the Morgan each and everyone uniquely designed and funked up in there own quirky way. RoseAlee, thank you once again for the kind words. I have always wanted a Texas Ranger badge of some kind. If there is anyway that you could send one over by post I would be eternally grateful. Thank you again and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Just returned from a 5 night stay at The Morgan, and was delighted. I visit Dublin perhaps twice a year on business and have stayed at a wide number of hotels, and found The Morgan the best by far. It is very 'cool', while still making guests feel very comfortable. Service was attentive, the rooms spacious & well-appointed. And you can't beat the location - quick walks to Trinity, Grafton Street, and Temple Bar. I'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Lizliddy, hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your summer is going fantastic. Lizliddy thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and positive reveiw of your recent stay with us. Excellent you got the full effect. Being in the exact middle of Dublins Temple Bar surrounded by literally everything is Amazing isn't it. It's so much to take in and experience. One of the many things puts us above the rest is our staff. You will not find better in the whole country. All hand picked and encouraged to go the extra mile. The three C's - Cool Curious and Crazy the Morgan has it all. Lizliddy, thank you once again for the kind words and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your five day stay with us ( during the heatwave and all ). Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com before your next visit to us. I would very much like to offer you a complimentary upgrade seeing as we're your new favorite Irish hot spot. Have a great summer and hopefully talk soon. Be well

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I never thought air-conditioning was an optional extra, but apparently at the Morgan, it is. This may be a good hotel in winter, but in summer, stay away. I would have opened the windows, but even with windows closed the noise was unbearable.

In addition to the aircon situation, the shower ranged between unbearably hot and very warm. No cold showers here.

Breakfast was the standard cereals, fruits, etc.

The room was good sized, but the furniture had seen better days. Smallish TV.

The staff were helpful, and the hotel is centrally situated.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Had a fantastic stay here on a Friday night in Dublin city, immediately made to feel welcome by Karoline on reception who greeted us with a lovely smile and enquired about our plans for the evening.
There was a lovely atmosphere in the lobby and throughout the hotel with friendly staff and nice music/ ambience.
We got a lovely spacious room on the second floor and even in the heart of Temple Bar the room was lovely and peaceful and quiet.
A great hotel and great staff with Dublin City on the doorstep

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends