“Slap bang in the middle of it all. Perfectly placed to treat yourself. Very satisfied!”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #40 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 7 August 2013

You couldn't wish for a better location.

Rooms wise, they're trendy. Ours had a lovely free standing tub surrounded by pebbles.

This hotel has a really strong feel good factor. I'm excited just writing about it.

Definitely treat yourself to a stay here. It's got the brag factor too. This is the hotels most visiting celebs choose to stay in.

Tip: check in is quite late and most flights arrive fairly early - the hotel are happy to store bags for you. And while you wait for your room, go for cocktails in the bar!

Room Tip: Ask about room upgrades. Probably worth the increase for bigger/feature room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Ste_Jay2012 hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. Ste_Jay, this is one of those reviews that I print off and put on display in our staff area. Excellent, thank you for taking time out and writing this. It's nice to be nice to the nice, and that was really nice of you. Our location is just Amazing isn't it. People from all four corners of this planet come to experience this and take part in the wildlife / adventure. It's a must do in ones life time. You really wont find a better location. A stones throw away from literally everything Dublin has on offer. It's Amazing how trendy and uber cool the Morgan is, thank you. Each and everyone of our one hundred and twenty one rooms are uniquely designed and funked up in there own hip / risque chilled out relaxed zen like kind of way. The Tub rooms are the most requested rooms here. Rooms 125 and 225 are the design concept rooms. Free standing old school tubs in the middle of the rooms on a pedastool surrounded by Awesomeness. Everybody loves them and always comes back for more. The list of Celebs is endless at the Morgan. You never know who's staying with us or who you'll bump into in our world famous Morgan Bar with the Morgan Vibe on Tap LOl. I've got to hang out , and have become to many of my heroes here from Abba to ZZ Top, really. Well thank you once again for such a kind, fun and thoughtful review of your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. It would be my pleasure to treat you to one of our signature Morgan Cocktails for such a nice and funked up reveiw. Please ask for me when your in next. Enjoy the summer

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Just had a great one week stay at The Morgan. Located in the heart of Temple Bar, it's the perfect place to stay for party, shopping, and sight-seeing, all in walking distance. The hotel has a fancy style and the room was large and very chic, although a bit noisy during the weekend since right above the (very cool) hotel bar. But the staff was thoughtful enough to provide us with ear plugs... All the staff were very friendly and attentive, and the service was just great. And if you're not just interested in the traditional Irish bars all over Temple Bar, just ask Guest Relations Manager Dave Schneider for alternative places. He will get you your very personal Dublin experience, as he did for us. We had a really good time and will definitely return to this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Melaine K hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Wow one week with us thats great. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your Dublin experience and that Dave got to show you some great spots. He's very rock and roll so he knows the local hot spots very well. He mentioned that he's to send you a T-shirt from the Biker Rock Bar near us and will be done when they get medium shirts in. Melaine K thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and positive review of your recent One Weeks stay with us. Excellent. We must be doing something right Lol. It's so true how Cool the Morgan Bar is. Almost too Cool if thats possible. It's the most happening hot spot in town with a cool funked up factor of eleven. Everybody wants some, and we give it to them. The location is the best on the planet. Close to absolutly everything one would want to see, buy, try and experience in the country. Melaine K thank you once again for such a nice upbeat and thoughtful review and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later, and I'll make sure to remind Dave to send you that T- Shirt.

Be Well

Reviewed 7 August 2013

The Morgan was the first place I stopped off on my trip to Ireland. It is situated in a great lively area and I was very impressed with the design of the hotel. The overall atmosphere was cheerful but on occasion I found customer service could have been a bit more pleasant. The room was delightful and comfortable but a little but noisy but that is to be expected due to the location of the hotel. Overall great stay would go back again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Catherine L hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Catherine L thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. That was really nice of you. Our location is Amazing isn't it. I saw a list a few weeks ago that a tourist had, and it had the Top Twenty places to visit before you die. Temple Bar was number twelve, and we are in the exact heart of Temple Bar. The Aorta to be exact. People from all over this planet come to experience this and delighted that you got to. The Design of the Hotel is very unique / risque isn't it. All funked up in the right places and tweeked to perfection on a daily basis. Every nano inch of the Morgan is looked over at any given moment to help maintain our world famous Vibe and chilled out relaxed atmosphere on Tap. I'm sorry that you felt our customer service was a bit off during your stay with us. Thats a pretty rare comment to get here. At the Morgan each and everyone of our staff are hand picked and encouraged to go the extra mile. They are not like the normal robotic hotel staff one finds in the chains out there. I'm really sorry you felt this way and I have forwarded this on to the relevant departments and this is being looked into as I type this. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com before you come to Dublin next as I would very much like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our designer Suites with all the Vip buttons pressed. I look forward to welcoming you back with us soon and thank you once again.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Just back from a 2 night romantic break in the Morgan Hotel. It was a great choice for us not just because of the location but because of the service of all the staff in the hotel and the great atmosphere / vibe that no doubt everyone has worked hard to create and maintain in the hotel. There are so many cool parts to the hotel to just chill out & relax. The positives for me included the use of the pool at Crunch Fitness, the excellent value of the Social hours promotion (great drink and tapas prices) & the overall décor of the hotel. I would have liked to give a 5 star rating but the room we stayed in let me down. It was room 405 and this room should be a single room and not a double. It was very small and we could barely move in the room. I had expected a larger room as I had previously stayed in their sister hotel The Beacon where our room was amazing. That said it was beautifully decorated and very clean. I will def return to the hotel but look for a room with A/C and pay the extra for a suite. Great Americano too !

Room Tip: Upgrade your room from a standard double!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The Morgan is in the very centre of Dublin. Temple bar area has restaurants and bars. Lots of music!! Hotel is quirky in design. We found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. Not all rooms have air con. We found Sat night to be quite noisy. That said we would have no hesitation in returning if price right!!
Breakfast was good. Only criticism was that I like a soft sunny side up egg for breakfast. The eggs were cooked in advance and kept warm. On the three days we stayed there the eggs had been left tpp long and were hard!

Room Tip: Check if room has air con.We were in room 217. Lovely room with balcony but no Air Con and noisy on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dmillar12 Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Dmillar, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. Excellent. It really is Amazing our location isn't it. Smack bang in the heart of Temple Bar and all it's wildlife and surroundings. There is Music every ten feet I think, something for everyone. At the Morgan we have a quirkyness factor of eleven really. The famous Morgan Vibe runs through every nano inch of the hotel creating an experience / funked up / relaxed / chilled out journey that keeps everyone coming back for more. They love it and want some and we give it to them. I have passed on your comments regarding the " eggs " to our kitchen department, and they'll get cracking on that immediately Lol. Thank you for the feedback. Dmillar12 please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you are thinking of coming back to Dublin. I would very much like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our designer suites with all the Vip treatment. It's nice to be nice to the nice. I look forward to hearing from you soon and to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Enjoy the surf

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Very friendly and attentive staff. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel for future Dublin trips. The location is in the centre of the tourist area and many attractions are in easy walking distance. The mini-bar in the room is expensive but I haven't found a hotel yet that doesn't have an expensive mini-bar.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kingo050
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Kingo050 hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Kingo050 thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. Excellent short and sweet review. It's nice to be nice to the nice. It's Amazing our location isn't it. The exact heart of the action and all it's wildlife. People from all over this planet come to experience this first hand and I'm delighted that you got involved. I'm pretty sure that minibars in hotels world wide are expensive. I also find that they are all they same really. Well, at the Morgan even our Minibars are funked up. They are filled with different tasty treats and drinks one wouldnt dream of or find locally. It's all about the Vibe. Kingo050, thank you once again for the kind words, and I hope to welcome you back sooner than later. Enjoy your summer

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed our last two nights in Ireland at The Morgan based on the reviews in TripAdvisor. Again, the advise was spot on. I booked a suite and was assigned a fourth floor rear suite. Ireland was experiencing a heat wave for the last three weeks and everyone was complaining about no AC. Heat wave? 80F? That's the morning low in Texas so were were quite comfortable. We slept with the windows open and had a short, but amusing, singing outside the first night, but nothing to complain about. The rooms come with tea and instant coffee and, inasmuch as I bring my own blend, I requested a coffee pot or french press when we checked in. I was told that they did not have one, so concluded that I was have to suffer. To my surprise, when we return from our initial stroll scoping out the area, the manager (Edward Sweeney) apparently had sent out staff and acquired a two cup press just for our room. Much appreciated and we were not expecting this over-the-top courtesy. THANK YOU! The hotel is indeed modern and the bar appears to attract the higher-end clients not looking for the traditional tourist music so prevalent in the area. Security personnel discourage panhandlers and internet was trouble free. All-in-all, we would definitely stay here again, mainly for the top notch service, perfect location, security, and comfort. Larry & Kelly, Georgetown, Texas

Room Tip: Spring for a suite on the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

RoseAlee good morning to you, and I hope this email finds you well. What a great review, thank you. It's so true with the heat wave we just went through. This country isn't ready or prepared for temperatures like that. That my friend was the hottest / warmest most humid that the Irish have seen since the early Seventies Lol. Coffee is one of the most important things in my life. I couldn't picture starting my day without it. When we spoke about your love for coffee, getting you the two cup coffee press was something that needed to be done. Coffee lovers need to work together Lol. Thank you for the Super cool and hip comments regarding our world famous Morgan Bar. It is indeed the coolest , hippest, trendiest most popular spot in town with our Morgan Vibe on offer that has the whole country talking about us. Top end Dj's jamming with our musicians ( drummers, saxaphone, violin ) creating a cool funked up atmosphere surrounding every nano inch of the Hotel. Very Cool indeed. The suites on the 4th floor are amazing aren't they. Everyone loves them and comes back for more. There are 121 rooms at the Morgan each and everyone uniquely designed and funked up in there own quirky way. RoseAlee, thank you once again for the kind words. I have always wanted a Texas Ranger badge of some kind. If there is anyway that you could send one over by post I would be eternally grateful. Thank you again and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later.